What's Your Worst Ticket?

general forum > questions . answers . discussions
Black Out
Minimoto racer

What's Your Worst Ticket?

Postby Black Out » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:21 pm

Bad Times for sure. And I don't mean to glorify tickets coz they suck...but let us know....What's your worst?

Ducati Monster 800
Triumph Speed Triple 1050
KTM SuperDuke 990

Sarasota_Steve

Re: What's Your Worst Ticket?

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:59 pm

$500 each. Lemme explain.
1999, I’m riding my 1998 bandit 1200 for the 2nd time in the mountains of North Georgia, NC and TN with Monster Claude and Daytona Don. After 2 or 3 days of enjoying the phenomenal roads we finally get to the “tail of the dragon”. It’s so technical and tight that you can mostly do 25 in the corners and up to 40 in the ‘straight’ sections. We got popped for drag racing. We were going in a single line between 25 and 40.
Once we got back home to Florida, we read the TN drag racing statute that basically stated that everyone is drag racing all the time. It can be interpreted 20 different ways so you are basically fooked.
We sent checks for $500 each to the prosecutor and they supposedly threw the tix away and kept our driving records clean.
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

No. 47
Master of the twisties

Postby No. 47 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:30 pm

England v Argentina last weekend.........?

Busted in a TR6 for no internal gearbox cover - half inch gap between gearbox and floor pan ‘might allow a stone to be kicked up and knock me unconscious’ so ‘driving a vehicle in a condition not unlikely to cause an accident’.........and this for a car with no roof.
Last edited by No. 47 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

PBRnr
Stunt rider

Postby PBRnr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:13 am

Sarasota_Steve wrote:$500 each. Lemme explain.
1999, I’m riding my 1998 bandit 1200 for the 2nd time in the mountains of North Georgia, NC and TN with Monster Claude and Daytona Don. After 2 or 3 days of enjoying the phenomenal roads we finally get to the “tail of the dragon”. It’s so technical and tight that you can mostly do 25 in the corners and up to 40 in the ‘straight’ sections. We got popped for drag racing. We were going in a single line between 25 and 40.
Once we got back home to Florida, we read the TN drag racing statute that basically stated that everyone is drag racing all the time. It can be interpreted 20 different ways so you are basically fooked.
We sent checks for $500 each to the prosecutor and they supposedly threw the tix away and kept our driving records clean.

i thought paying the prosecution to throw tickets away is called something else... :P
Always stay a student of something
------------------------
'08 full fat SDR, akras w headers, charcoal can removed, random carbon bits

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:52 am

$168 and 1 demerit point last year - 88kmh in an 80kmh zone in the middle of nowhere too ! (< 13kmh over the limit) QLD, Australia
Note: only the second time I've ever been done on a bike in 30+ years of riding (lucky for sure).
2010 (white-framed) SD, Rottweiler intake / SAS removal, Akrapovic slipons, ergo seat, Scott's oil filter, factory alarm, SDR levers, Shorai LiFePO4 battery, oem 16T / KTM Supersprox 40T, RK GB525GXW chain, Michelin Pilot Road 4 / Pilot Power 3.

nampus
Stunt rider

Postby nampus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 am

Only had one in 10 years of riding, €409 apparently I was doing 118 where 80 was allowed :roll:

Duncs

Postby Duncs » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:06 pm

15 years ago I copped a $100 fine (no points) for “not being in control of the vehicle” or something to that effect.

Popped a 1st gear wheelie across an intersection. The cop murmured “nice wheelie” as he walked back to his car to drive off... :roll:

Black Out
Minimoto racer

Postby Black Out » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:57 pm

Posted this on the Monster site I go to a few years back because I just had my worst. 112 in a 65. Me and a buddy left the bar after bike night. We started out by running several red lights (after stopping or slowing) downtown and then got on the freeway. Soon we were doing triple digits, just having fun. Very little traffic, no big deal. He exits and I slow to around 85 or so. About two minutes goes by and I see the lights behind me. fook, that's probably for me. Yep. The trooper was a major dickhead. Drew his gun on me like I just shot up a school yard or some shit.
Several continuances in court and we got the ADA to let me keep my license or so we thought. We go back to plead it out and the ADA changes his fooking mind. Lost the license for a year, just a provisional to go back and forth to work. Lesson learned though. I keep all of my most extreme hooliganism on backroads ever since. It's been over 5 years without another one.
Got my very first one on a motorcycle exactly 30 days after I first bought my Ducati.
Got another pretty big one in a state park in Colorado. I was riding a friend's Daytona converted to a Speed Triple 955. A big group of us were behind some slow ass truck and after about 5 minutes of this shit and no one would go I pulled out and punched it. Just in time to round a corner and see the damn park ranger waiting on a sucker like me. 97 in a 45. Good thing about that was it carried no points. Just pay the $300 fine and go on with your life.
Had a close call in my car once while driving in South Carolina. Had a Saab 900 SPG turbo and was admittedly hauling ass, doing about 95 when a big 4X4 pulls up on my ass. So I punched it to kind of get out of his way. Had it up to about 115. The guy is still on my ass so I pull over into the slower lane and he falls in right behind me and lights me up." I'm going to jail for sure".
I think they were looking for people running drugs on I-95 and I am not that guy. He let me off after throwing my license back at me and telling me to quit acting like an asshole. :mrgreen: Yessir, officer sir!
Ducati Monster 800
Triumph Speed Triple 1050
KTM SuperDuke 990

bartman314
Minimoto racer

Postby bartman314 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:01 pm

so... I took my back-up track bike out on the street just to check some quick mods I had made. I live in a quiet suburb of Boston with a very friendly police contingent. I was going a little hot and came around a corner and there coming towards me was a police cruiser. I over-braked and my back-up bike does not have abs. locked the front tyre and I want careening in one direction and the bike slid into the police car.

I got written up for speeding, but contested the ticket and get out of it (I did have to write a $1000 check for the damage to the police car).

turns out I wasn't wearing proper gear, and I ended up with a concussion, punctured lung, 3 broken ribs, and a broken scapula. that was the worst part.

Return to Hooliganism