What have you done to your Superduke today

general forum > questions . answers . discussions
arg
Minimoto racer

Re: What have you done to your Superduke today

Postby arg » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Part ex it for a new one, wife not happy.

andrej126

Postby andrej126 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:37 am

Went to my first track day. Been a blast, will definitely go again :D

ImageIMG_1029 by Andrej Potočnik, on Flickr

Adrock990r
Two wheeled terror

Postby Adrock990r » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:02 pm

Showed some love to the 08 990sdr with HEL braided clutch and brake lines to replace the oem gear, had the forks serviced and the leak from the compression adjuster repaired (finally someone knew how to do it), added some more Probolt hardware, a set of Pirelli Supercorsa tyres, Healtech Quickshifter and gear indicator and fabricated and polished some aluminium into a bracket for the gear indicator.

Motogoon
Two wheeled terror

Postby Motogoon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Nice, I just had the 3 o-ring's replaced in my shock compression adjusters to stop a leak as well.

Did you have to cut in to any wires to fit that model gear indicator?

Adrock990r
Two wheeled terror

Postby Adrock990r » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:24 pm

Motogoon wrote:Nice, I just had the 3 o-ring's replaced in my shock compression adjusters to stop a leak as well.

Did you have to cut in to any wires to fit that model gear indicator?

Hi mate, you don't cut any wires at all with this type. Takes about 2 minutes to connect using the harness that you order with the gear indicator. The wire from the tacho is spliced onto using the supplied tap connector and the other connection is via a plug that goes inline with a 3 pin speedo plug.

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:51 pm

Fitted new tyres, went with PR4 Rear and PP3 front.
I rode 16500 kms on the last set with still a little bit left :)
2010 (white-framed) SD, Rottweiler intake / SAS removal, Akrapovic slipons, ergo seat, Scott's oil filter, factory alarm, SDR levers, Shorai LiFePO4 battery, oem 16T / KTM Supersprox 40T, RK GB525GXW chain, Michelin Pilot Road 4 / Pilot Power 3.

Adrock990r
Two wheeled terror

Postby Adrock990r » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Fitted a new rad guard from Racing Radiator Guards.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Adrock990r wrote:S

Do you notice a difference in braking with the dual line set up as opposed to the stock 1 into 2 brake lines?
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

Adrock990r
Two wheeled terror

Postby Adrock990r » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:07 pm

Hard to say really, they felt good before i changed the lines but i haven't had a really decent run since. The whole front is completely different from having the forks serviced and repaired so i don't have anywhere the amount of front end dive that i had before which of course changes the way it feels under heavy braking. The old oem braided lines had gone really ratty looking at the hose ends and banjo which was the main reason for the change plus they weren't all that expensive to do. I changed out the rubber lines on a mates Yamaha FZ1 at the same time to a set of these braided lines and it has made a huge difference.

Black Out
Minimoto racer

Postby Black Out » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Put Oury grips on, fabricated a license plate bracket and added upper frame sliders. Is there much advantage to the lower sliders as well?
Ducati Monster 800
Triumph Speed Triple 1050
KTM SuperDuke 990

PBRnr
Stunt rider

Postby PBRnr » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:47 am

Adrock990r wrote:Showed some love to the 08 990sdr with HEL braided clutch and brake lines to replace the oem gear, had the forks serviced and the leak from the compression adjuster repaired (finally someone knew how to do it), added some more Probolt hardware, a set of Pirelli Supercorsa tyres, Healtech Quickshifter and gear indicator and fabricated and polished some aluminium into a bracket for the gear indicator.

Polishing metal is a PITA...good work, custom bracket looks good!
Also really liking your allen bolts for your front fender. Where are they from?

Yesterday, I swapped the halogen for an H4 LED and today bumbled my way through applying some yellow vinyl over the headlight. Had to dremel off the raised portions of the oem bulb clip to accommodate the cooling fins on back of the LED bulb. The low output of the oem halogen was such that I really hadn't noticed how poor the beam shape was until turning on w the LED. Light throw is WAY farther out (no pics before to compare) but every little shaft of abhorrent light from the reflector is very noticeable now too...took a walk down the block while the lights were on and wasn't blinded, so feeling hopeful for other motorists.

Having no prior exp w laying down vinyl, applying it to the SD headlight was def foolhardy. Took me several tries to avoid completely wrecking the wrap, but 4th time better (good thing it's a small cover and the roll was sized for car application). It looks pretty poor up close w scuffs, a few wrinkles and lifts but should protect the lens from small road debris...Banking on the 20/20 rule (looks good at 20mph or from 20ft away). Kinda gives the bike a post-apocalyptic vibe w the colder LED color mixing w the yellow to make a blue/greenish tint
Always stay a student of something
------------------------
'08 full fat SDR, akras w headers, charcoal can removed, random carbon bits

Adrock990r
Two wheeled terror

Postby Adrock990r » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:09 am

Hi mate you can find the countersunk fairing bolts and washers at http://www.probolt-usa.com. I replaced the tank shrouds and belly pan mounts with the same type. If you do use the aluminium ones just be sure to use the allen key provided or a good quality allen key and some blue loctite as the heads are quite soft and will get damaged if you try to tighten them too much. In saying that they hold fine just don't yank on the bolts. Regarding the polishing of some of the parts i have done i actually enjoyed it funnily enough :)

step1
Minimoto racer

Postby step1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:26 pm

today i have fitted a R&G rad guard and a Evotech performance tail tidy. The Rad guard i thought would be a five minute job but trying to fit the zip ties with my chunky fingers was a bastard. I can also understand why the evotech tail tidy is so expensive. A very nice piece of engineering not your average knock up part.

crazyinp
Two wheeled terror

Postby crazyinp » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:03 am

Finally had time to install the Oberon slave. Bleeding was a PITAImage
______
In the Garage:
2015 KTM Superduke 1290R
2013 Ducati Panigale R

Previous

Return to Hooliganism