What have you done to your Superduke today

general forum > questions . answers . discussions
Aphex
Site Admin

Re: What have you done to your Superduke today

Postby Aphex » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:30 pm

Thanks Adrock, gonna give em a go.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

bic_bicknell

Postby bic_bicknell » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:50 pm

I can't believe they get away with putting the Rizoma brand name on there. In some way I've got nothing against Chinese (or other) cheap items if that's what people want to buy but to just blatantly rip off another brand and print a logo on is pretty low.

Not sure what Rizomas cost now but they are very expensive kit. More like £100s for a set rather than £10s.
Past: Honda CB125J, Honda TL125, 1963 Triumph Tiger 90, Yamaha RD250, Kawasaki KH250, Kawasaki 400 S3, Kawasaki KH400, Kawasaki Z400J, Suzuki GS750, Suzuki GS1000, Ducati SS900 Superlight, KTM LC4 Supermoto, Honda VFR 800i, KTM Superduke '07.

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:58 pm

bic_bicknell wrote:I can't believe they get away with putting the Rizoma brand name on there. In some way I've got nothing against Chinese (or other) cheap items if that's what people want to buy but to just blatantly rip off another brand and print a logo on is pretty low.

Not sure what Rizomas cost now but they are very expensive kit. More like £100s for a set rather than £10s.

Bic,
You hit the nail right on the head Rizomas are 100 E per set. (Don't have the Euro symbol in my 'merican keyboard) € (Found it! alt+0128)

http://www.rizoma.com/universal/mixed/fr026/en?MOTO=50412270-50462987-R
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
18 1290 SDR
09 Aprilia Sportcity
04 SV650

Gimlet
Minimoto racer

Postby Gimlet » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:46 pm

They don't come via China either..

abc
Stunt rider

Postby abc » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:31 pm

I hate the fookers that do this - they dont give a shit about anything or anyone. Hate em big time. They are the very reason I only produce 1 off parts these days - hate em - no ethics - dirty little low life fookers.
Just remember - you buy it you promote and encourage the rip offs
Any modifications you undertake are your sole responsibility, I am not liable for any claims relating to modifications or suggestions posted on this forum. If you undertake any modifications you do so at your own risk.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:16 pm

abc wrote:I hate the fookers that do this - they dont give a shit about anything or anyone. Hate em big time. They are the very reason I only produce 1 off parts these days - hate em - no ethics - dirty little low life fookers.

Whether we buy them or not they will still get ripped off. Unfortunately that's the way of the world.

I've already bought two sets of Rizoma indicators (Zero and Zero 11) both have failed after a year. So I'm done spending $100+ on two of the smallest bits on my bike, not to mention the asinine proprietary voltage regulators that fail.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

Adrock990r
Two wheeled terror

Postby Adrock990r » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:41 am

abc wrote:I hate the fookers that do this - they dont give a shit about anything or anyone. Hate em big time. They are the very reason I only produce 1 off parts these days - hate em - no ethics - dirty little low life fookers.

Yep i do agree to a certain level. I bought them, yes. Did i expect Rizoma to be printed on them, no. Does that make it ok, no. If it helps at all i will remove the print. Would i have ever bought Rizoma for the 990, no. But now that i have seen the copies i certainly will buy a set of Rizoma for the 1290 when i get it. I have spent plenty of money on Rizoma, R & G, Brembo, Pro Bolts, Oberon, Akrapovic, etc. Not wasting money on the 990 anymore. But just like many things i would have gone original if i personally didn't think the price was too much. In Australia we get over charged for everything and we also pay extremely high postage. A replacement pair of Neken handlebars for my sdr that were cracked are $360 aud and no store holds them in stock most of the time, therefore i paid $129 aud for pro taper. Do they have Neken stamped on them, no, but they are a cheap alternative. What is the difference? Do i use Motorex anymore, no, i use Motul. Would i ever buy a copy of a Motohooligan box, shit no, but lots of people have. I do understand what you mean but if you have an issue with my post or whatever message me and have it removed. I certainly hope you or any of your friends or customers have never downloaded a song or a movie as it's the same thing. Don't belittle people, it helps nobody. Instead offer helpful advice, maybe privately before it gets out of hand. I obviously wasn't thinking when i posted the link, that was wrong of me. I just wanted to help a brother out but i should have thought it out first.

whufc0
Two wheeled terror

Postby whufc0 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:17 am

I put rizoma spy r mirrors on yesterday, can't take it out for a spin to see how good they are.

abc
Stunt rider

Postby abc » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:28 am

i don't have a problem with your post nor would I waste my time and ask for it to be removed. As a mechanical engineer and designer all this has had a direct impact on me and many of my design teams and has over a long period of time. Unfortunately it will just get worse, so will the ability to protect good ideas or products.
I have made no reference in my post to belittle you so you have that wrong. If that were my intention i can assure you I would have made that perfectly clear.
obviously you can post whatever links you want, I just expressed how I feel about the current situation re blatant part design rip offs. Your experience has obviously been different.
I work at the cutting edge of aerospace mechanical engineering and design and lead the world in what we do and the fookers are continually trying to hack my stuff because they are too lazy/dumb to figure our hard shit for themselves - so I have my reasons for my opinion.
Have a look at my post history and I think you will find that I have been very helpful and offered many members helpful advice - probably more than most
And I wouldn't waste my time trying to start an argument via post :?

EDIT- I now realise my post could have been taken the wrong way. My comments were not directed at you or anyone on this forum but rather at the people that rip off designers and small to medium manufacturers that can't afford to do anything about it even when their protections add costs to their business and their customers.
Any modifications you undertake are your sole responsibility, I am not liable for any claims relating to modifications or suggestions posted on this forum. If you undertake any modifications you do so at your own risk.

wizzzard
Two wheeled terror

Postby wizzzard » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:34 am

whufc0 wrote:I put rizoma spy r mirrors on yesterday, can't take it out for a spin to see how good they are.

they are good, belief me :D
My other ride is your mom

hossa00
Minimoto racer

Postby hossa00 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:50 pm

the turn indicators are not the worst chinese things ...
be warned !!!!!
there are many sellers on ebay etc who don´t care about your safety and health
they resells brembo chinese copies like this http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1318419
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Motorcycle-84mm-Axial-Rear-CNC-Caliper-For-Ducati-Aprilia-All-Modelle-tous-modeles-YZF-R1-06/1318419_32643559816.html?spm=2114.8147860.0.69.4Xo8Vu

for half the orginal price

what a good deal :evil:

whufc0
Two wheeled terror

Postby whufc0 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:38 pm

fitted customled rear light,
evotech tailtidy

alarm from my rc8, but not working
evotech radguard
r&g exhaust hanger
rear seat pod
wheel rim stickers :D :D :D :D :D :D

and still not rode it yet, only 2 miles on clock

Joe Biker
Stunt rider

Postby Joe Biker » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:55 pm

have austin racing build me a new muffler same as royal jordian but 50 mm longer
check out his pipe on u tube 8)

scamb66

Postby scamb66 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:55 am

Not me but why wouldn't you? Elaspede Dust Hustle in Brisbane.
Anyone here?

The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Man, that is fookin cool 8)

Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
18 1290 SDR
09 Aprilia Sportcity
04 SV650

RyanD
Minimoto racer

Postby RyanD » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:48 am

I turned my 1290 into an adventure bike! Took her 200 miles into the Kentucky wilderness to the Red River Gorge in Daniel Boone National Forrest for a couple nights of motocamping (backroads the whole way!). The most harrowing part of the journey was the 3 miles of poorly graded pot hole ridden gravel road to the trail entrance where I camped. Awesome performance all the way down and all the way back. This bike is such a freaking pleasure to ride. Even with the gear piled on it still handled like THE BEAST in the twisties all the way there. This bike is too much fun.

Edit- How the f*ck do you post an image here? I've tried putting the album url between the [img] brackets, the individual photo url, etc. nothing seems to work. If the pic does show up its super zoomed in... Ideas?

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:31 am

RyanD wrote:I turned my 1290 into an adventure bike! Took her 200 miles into the Kentucky wilderness to the Red River Gorge in Daniel Boone National Forrest for a couple nights of motocamping (backroads the whole way!). The most harrowing part of the journey was the 3 miles of poorly graded pot hole ridden gravel road to the trail entrance where I camped. Awesome performance all the way down and all the way back. This bike is such a freaking pleasure to ride. Even with the gear piled on it still handled like THE BEAST in the twisties all the way there. This bike is too much fun.

Edit- How the f*ck do you post an image here? I've tried putting the album url between the [img] brackets, the individual photo url, etc. nothing seems to work. If the pic does show up its super zoomed in... Ideas?

Sarasota_Steve wrote:Oy vey, another one. Here it goes.

This is the MUST READ/EPIC THREADS LIST.

http://www.superduke.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16897

and within that link you will find. How to post pics.

http://www.superduke.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19909&p=242808#p242808

and

http://www.superduke.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=166000#p166000

You are welcome.

Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
18 1290 SDR
09 Aprilia Sportcity
04 SV650

scamb66

Postby scamb66 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:28 am

RyanD wrote:Edit- How the f*ck do you post an image here? I've tried putting the album url between the [img] brackets, the individual photo url, etc. nothing seems to work. If the pic does show up its super zoomed in... Ideas?

Fixed.
You did it the correct way but the imgur file names had the .jpg missing from the end. Not sure on the size, probably original size and imgur just makes them all fit whatever size the site uses.

Looks like a good trip, great looking country.
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

whufc0
Two wheeled terror

Postby whufc0 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:09 am

pazzo levers
pazzo spr r mirrors
customLed rear light
evotech tail tidy
evotech crash bungs
R&g exhaust hanger
put 10mm spacers on rear brake and gear selector toe piece
changed the speedo rings
got rizoma bars to go on, but waiting on grips

HK53SBR
Minimoto racer

Postby HK53SBR » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:17 pm

Installed my freshly arrived AR slip-on for Akra headers. And yes............it is damn loud. Took a 10 minute ride, returned home, put the full Acra setup back on. Way too loud for this cat, but I dig the looks.
Last edited by HK53SBR on Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Biker
Stunt rider

Postby Joe Biker » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:48 pm

I just installed my Austin shorty however mine was designed to use with Akra
power box.
Love the sound !!!!' :twisted:

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:14 pm

HK53SBR wrote:Installed my freshly arrived AR slip-on for Acra headers. And yes............it is damn loud. Took a 10 minute ride, returned home, put the full Acra setup back on. Way too loud for this cat, but I dig the looks.

Nice, now you have a backup fleshlight.

Me so Hoony.

Markey
Two wheeled terror

Postby Markey » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:56 am

HK53SBR wrote:Installed my freshly arrived AR slip-on for Acra headers. And yes............it is damn loud. Took a 10 minute ride, returned home, put the full Acra setup back on. Way too loud for this cat, but I dig the looks.

Picked up the High Slung version myself ..... GEE! its bloody loud :shock:

May go back with the full Akra :twisted:

whufc0
Two wheeled terror

Postby whufc0 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:09 am

looks lovely though :D

HK53SBR
Minimoto racer

Postby HK53SBR » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:14 pm

Damn shame really. Cleans up the looks quite well. I may try lobbing a bit off the Akra can to get a few more db's without killing that deep, bassy exhaust note.

PreviousNext

Return to Hooliganism