What have you done to your Superduke today

general forum > questions . answers . discussions
Site Admin

Re: What have you done to your Superduke today

Postby Aphex » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:08 am

Spanke_y wrote:Installed GB Frame protectors (upper) today just waiting on the lowers.I also put on ABV levers to replace the tired OEM's - nice adjustments as I can tweak as I ride. I've been taking it out regularly to try and get more settled on the bike, I love riding in the cooler weather. I'm still shocked at the engine braking when off the throttle though, and it's snatchy. I'm working through removing/adjusting stuff the previous owner did (Reset suspension back to factory as it was all over the place).

Every time I think of changing the R for a less aggressive machine, I look at it and decide I must persevere. I guess years on triples and inline 4's spoiled me!

I may test ride a 1290 to see if it's smoother... ;)

You can use Tune ECU to set the secondary flies to 100% open at all throttle percentages to see if you like it. If you do removing the flies or the flies and shafts will make a marked improvement in decreasing engine braking. Mid corner throttle was since a pain in the ass before I did that but now it's much more tame.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

Minimoto racer

Re: What have you done to your Superduke today

Postby Spanke_y » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:55 am

I've been reading the threads on upgrades and done extensive research. Not sure if I'm ready to start dismantling stuff I have little knowledge of. I'm good mechanically but not when it comes to electrics.

Return to Hooliganism