PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!

general forum > questions . answers . discussions
Colonel_Klinck

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Ok guys and gals. The Hooliganism section seems to be the place where some people are posting threads on anything and everything of late, even if they know the thread should be in another section. This I think is mainly due to people thinking it's the only way people are going to view their thread, as the other sections don't get as many views. The problem with this is that a lot of threads get created in here that don't belong. Pushing threads that do belong off page 1 or 2. So... I'm going to start policing the Hooliganism thread a little more strictly and threads that don't belong will be moved to their correct section. "But Klincky no one will see my thread!" I here you cry. There is a very simple solution to that my friends. A button, 3rd one in at the top of the page. "View new posts" using this displays all threads that have been posted in since your last visit. Its the go to button, the daddy of buttons, the big kahuna of buttons, the SD of buttons you might say. So can we try and post threads in the appropriate sections from now on and trust that people will use the magic button and come across your words of wisdom, question to the masses or pics of half naked ladies :P :P

Thanks all.
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

CEREC1
Trackday hero

Re: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!

Postby CEREC1 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:14 pm

:oops: Am I the only sad git who always uses the "View new posts" tab routinely? It seems the best tab, have I been missing something? :oops:
2007 SDR Full Akra Evo
2017 SDR 1290. Black
1997 RGV 250(sweet)

Stupid Luke
Master of the twisties

Postby Stupid Luke » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:33 pm

CEREC1 wrote::oops: Am I the only sad git who always uses the "View new posts" tab routinely? It seems the best tab, have I been missing something? :oops:

TECHNICALly no. Perhaps Dr F's WORDS OF WISDOM but that is about all. Suprising that you ask us HOW TO DO IT really. Unless it was a rhetorical question or a GENERALisation like you may find when friend BANTER about STORES, DEALERS, WARRANTY, INSURANCE and SAFETY ISSUES. That waffling old shit, I would rather be ON TRACK or letching at those gypsy bRIDES on the t.v. Maybe it would make me late for one of my compulsive wanker's MEETINGS though. Anyway no one, OTHER than K lincky T he M oderator would worry if you are usint the correct section and he will probably move this post somewhere appropriate :oops:

indy84
Stunt rider

Postby indy84 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:38 pm

CEREC1 wrote::oops: Am I the only sad git who always uses the "View new posts" tab routinely? It seems the best tab, have I been missing something? :oops:

its my favorite button too!
06 superDuke
90 RM 250
56 Norton dominator
brisbane, OZ

CEREC1
Trackday hero

Postby CEREC1 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:47 pm

indy84 wrote:

its my favorite button too!

Thanks mate! At least there are 2 of us! :D
2007 SDR Full Akra Evo
2017 SDR 1290. Black
1997 RGV 250(sweet)

matt_black
Two wheeled terror

Postby matt_black » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:56 pm

Nice one, Luke.

jambox
Trackday hero

Postby jambox » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:44 pm

It's the only button I use.

Unless I'm looking for and old thread, I never gone into the actual sections themselves. But in that case I sometimes use the button that seems to get used not alot, the Search button!

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:11 am

I'm sure a large percentage use the button. If you know about it, it's the only button to use after all. This was more aimed at those who don't and also as a general reminder to not just use the Hooliganism thread for everything.
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

ShadeTheChangingMan
Race ace

Postby ShadeTheChangingMan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:25 pm

Come on Klincky....you know you want to say it...

Black is not a colour; it's a Shade™

Ever the underdog

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:53 pm

Someone had to take control Shade :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

TBH I think I've just got too much time on my hands right now. I think I may need a girlfriend :lol:
The late Bill Hicks

omky756
Wheelie king

Postby omky756 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Always stay logged in even at work and when I view it is always the new post threads I click..
8)

ShadeTheChangingMan
Race ace

Postby ShadeTheChangingMan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:57 pm

Colonel_Klinck wrote:Someone had to take control Shade :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

TBH I think I've just got too much time on my hands right now. I think I may need a girlfriend :lol:

Haha. No comment!

I just couldnt resist that clip :lol: :lol:
Black is not a colour; it's a Shade™

Ever the underdog

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:22 am

It is nice to know that you care so much that people do not waste thier tyme in the wrong post.. I am having problems with the mention of some view recent post button. I do not see it anywhere.
I ussually visit this site at tymes when I just want to waste tyme. I peruse through all the posts that will float my boat. I have noticed that the euro posts tend to be in the hooligan section. I thought that it may be a way of sort of establishing a persons personality prefferance. Everyone wants to be a hooligan.
I am wondering why this particular thread it in this category. I would have thought the it would should be posted in the general banter section. Was it posted here to get more coverage? this may actually be the very thing the OP was declaring was tantamount to cheating for viewage?
This is just general banter, but is connected to the topic and I was afraid that it would make less since in the other section.
I'm BLUE

rocketchick
Stunt rider

Postby rocketchick » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:13 am

My favorite button it is the best button, the guru of buttons, the magical button that shows you all the new banter that is being talked about... I love the view New Posts button... :arrow: Go on and push it...I do

JohnJJr
Wheelie king

Postby JohnJJr » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:54 am

Well i hope i haven't been too guilty of posting the wrong Sheaaat in the wrong sections . :shock:

loony888
Stunt rider

Postby loony888 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:33 am

omky756 wrote:Always stay logged in even at work and when I view it is always the new post threads I click..
8)

that would be nice if the poxy software didn't log me out all the time...................
I was going how fast officer?

drswade
Stunt rider

Postby drswade » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:31 pm

I still check them all. Love every bit of this site really.
I still look at on track even though I'm pretty off.
Perhaps misposts are a problem but this forum doesn't have near the problems I see elsewhere.
Thanks for moderating Clinky!
AFM #814 WERA #814

samba
Trackday hero

Postby samba » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:49 am

View new posts is the only way to go. The only problem is when you've been away for a while, you have to read/check them all when you first come back!

I just got back from 10 days away and I had 5 pages of posts to go through!
bbbbrrrrrmmmmmm......brrrmmmmmm.....nnnyyyyymmmmmmmmm

jambox
Trackday hero

Postby jambox » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:29 am

samba wrote:View new posts is the only way to go. The only problem is when you've been away for a while, you have to read/check them all when you first come back!

I just got back from 10 days away and I had 5 pages of posts to go through!

I was away for 3 months and had 24 pages :lol: . Managed it plus one of those was the TuneECU thread, which at the time was only 28 pages long but I still read te whole frigging thing!

TimR
Two wheeled terror

Postby TimR » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Surely one person's hooliganism is another's pipe and slippers?
What criteria are you going to use? Perhaps a list of rules? No, that's not exactly hooligan is it?
What a conundrum! :?
I nominate fakujak72 as moderator of the hooligan section!! :lol:

fakujak72
Two wheeled terror

Postby fakujak72 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:46 pm

:roll: :!:
Past bikes. Always "The Bestest". Over the past, 40 years. Mostly KTMs over the past 19years though! 1xDuke/3xDukeII/2xSD990/1xDukeIII/SDR990./ Previously owned Duke III./And now on to my Holy Grail. Duke IIIR. and now also my New 1290 R. 8)

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:32 am

I second that :?: :roll:
I'm BLUE

omky756
Wheelie king

Postby omky756 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:02 am

3rd it..

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:03 am

To date I think I have moved 2 threads from Hooliganism. One was someone asking questions about his new SMR (other KTMs) and the other an non bike related question that clearly belonged in General. At the time of making this thread there were 3 or 4 topics in quick succession in Hooliganism that didn't belong. Maybe it was a blip or maybe this thread helped. Possibly a mix of the 2?? As it goes I don't think any section on here needs moderating. Can't speak for other mods but apart from moving a couple of threads in 18 months, 99.9% of mods work is sifting through the 100+ account requests the forum gets day in, day out. Anyone who wanting to help with this is more than welcome :D
The late Bill Hicks

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Postby SDNerd » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Colonel_Klinck wrote: As it goes I don't think any section on here needs moderating. Can't speak for other mods but apart from moving a couple of threads in 18 months, 99.9% of mods work is sifting through the 100+ account requests the forum gets day in, day out. Anyone who wanting to help with this is more than welcome :D

Being a mod is thankless job for the most part. Its more like being a politician than a cop; anything a mod does pisses off some noisy whiner or another.

I for one want to thank all the mods on this site for being level-headed (for the most part anyway - ;) ) and for having skin thick enough to deal with the flack from even the most minute change they make.

We ALL owe you guys some beers!

Next

Return to Hooliganism