Who Wants an integrated tail light by Custom LED?

general forum > questions . answers . discussions

Would you pre-order an integrated tail light from Custom LED?

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes : 37

Growler48
Two wheeled terror

Re: Who Wants an integrated tail light by Custom LED?

Postby Growler48 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:54 am

Sully wrote:
Markey wrote:Really want one but unsure on the clear top lens to be honest lads :(

Vinyl wrap the top of it like i did mine!

That looks nice! Where did you buy the vinyl wrap?
2014 SuperDuke 1290 R BLACK! 8)

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:55 am

xtremewlr wrote:
SUPERDUKEINOZ wrote:mmmm agree, if only the did a smoked lens like stock, here in Australia we are meant to have the turn signals a minimum of 180mm apart at the rear, so technically a bit on the not so legal side, lots of people here run integrated taillights, just gives them an excuse to pull you over though
I would probably try one out but on my black 1290 the clear looking lens would look ridiculous I think

Same thing here in California. Signals are meant to be 9 inches separated, or 228mm.

I don't think the clear will look too bad on a black bike and Sully's solution of putting vinyl on the top is pretty good. I'd like to keep the stock rear signals and have the integrated as well. Should be doable with a little wiring work I think.

I think I might just go for something along the lines of this, I want to run the rear turn signals more horizontal along the sides starting from each side of the taillight though>

wintermute
Minimoto racer

Postby wintermute » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:54 pm

I just finished installing the Custom LED tail light, to top off a Yoshimura tail tidy, and the KTM bags and hangers. It really makes a very neat and tidy package, which looks pretty nice, I think. All of these items are easy to install, and of very high quality.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36898725@N02/shares/77130f

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36898725@N02/shares/10A11e

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36898725@N02/shares/hodg06
'15 KTM Super Duke 1290, Black

Twist
Minimoto racer

Postby Twist » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Ressurecting an old thread here. Is there any reason why you couldn't install this CustomLED.com Blaster-X taillight but still leave the bike's OEM turn signals connected? I'm just interested in a more robust mounting for the tail light that won't be as likely to fail again. Brighter tail light/brake light is good too but I'd like to preserve the stock turn signals. Any reason that wouldn't work?
Babying your motorcycle for it's resale value is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be fresher for the next guy.

Growler48
Two wheeled terror

Postby Growler48 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:21 am

Twist wrote:Ressurecting an old thread here. Is there any reason why you couldn't install this CustomLED.com Blaster-X taillight but still leave the bike's OEM turn signals connected? I'm just interested in a more robust mounting for the tail light that won't be as likely to fail again. Brighter tail light/brake light is good too but I'd like to preserve the stock turn signals. Any reason that wouldn't work?

I don't see why you couldn't. You wouldn't be able to plug them in, though, so they wouldn't be functional. I've had mine on for a couple of years now with no issues. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Twist
Minimoto racer

Postby Twist » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Growler48 wrote:
Twist wrote:Ressurecting an old thread here. Is there any reason why you couldn't install this CustomLED.com Blaster-X taillight but still leave the bike's OEM turn signals connected? I'm just interested in a more robust mounting for the tail light that won't be as likely to fail again. Brighter tail light/brake light is good too but I'd like to preserve the stock turn signals. Any reason that wouldn't work?

I don't see why you couldn't. You wouldn't be able to plug them in, though, so they wouldn't be functional. I've had mine on for a couple of years now with no issues. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I haven't received the light yet but it's my understanding that it has 3 connectors; one each for the left/right turn signals and one for the brake/tail light. If that's the case wouldn't the OEM turn signals still be functional if I just left them plugged in and just tucked away the connectors on the new tail light?
Babying your motorcycle for it's resale value is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be fresher for the next guy.

Growler48
Two wheeled terror

Postby Growler48 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:29 pm

Twist wrote:
Growler48 wrote:

I haven't received the light yet but it's my understanding that it has 3 connectors; one each for the left/right turn signals and one for the brake/tail light. If that's the case wouldn't the OEM turn signals still be functional if I just left them plugged in and just tucked away the connectors on the new tail light?

Ok - I thought you wanted to use the turn signals in the Custom LED light. Yes, should work.

Previous

Return to Hooliganism