Looking for a volunteer or two for Moderator duties.

general forum > questions . answers . discussions
jambox
Trackday hero

Re: Looking for a volunteer or two for Moderator duties.

Postby jambox » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:08 am

Was going to put my name in the hat, as did so last time, but don't know if I've the enthusiasm anymore.

I'd put up a +1 for both Sarasota_steve and DMacL as both have shown a fair amount of contribution to the site.
05/06 SD, too raw for the journos!

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:00 am

Thank you jambox and Dribble for the vote of confidence.

The reason I wanna be a mod is because I want to give back to SD.net as I've gotten so much free information and help I've saved hundreds if not thousands of real world dollars by learning here. The fact that mods get free tyres, free helmet and free gas for life does not make a difference to me. At least that's what KTMGuy told me :lol:

See http://www.superduke.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24419&hilit=my+first+990+valve for the thread that saved me big money.

I've seen people trying to quote someone elses message and get the brackets wrong. Hopefully I can edit their message and fix that. I think that is petty enough not to ask a mod to do it just to keep the threads clean.
I also don't mind welcoming a newbie and try to steer them in the right direction when it comes time to answering basic questions or teach someone how to post a pic. Sometimes I need to bite my tongue and restrain myself from answering sarcastically and just be a nice person.

I'm not really sure whats involved in being a mod. I typically log in with my laptop in the morning, sometimes at lunch with the phone and also when I get back to my office. So yeah, I'm an SD.net junkie.

Being a mod here will not make a difference in my life in the real world. Not going to get a T-Shirt with SD.net Logo with the word Mod below it. If I'm given the task (Honor?) I will do my best to keep the blog nice, neat and trouble free.

Thank you for your time,

PS: If you want us candidates to start campaigning like the US presidential debates I'm all for it. :P

PS2: As a foreigner, who speaks English as my second language, I've been mildly confused with acronyms and abbreviations at times. I want to start a thread explaining to other members what a BGC is, what are TB's and TPS's. And of course take pics so they can easily identify it in their bikes. I know, don't need to be a mod to do that. I'm going to call the thread SuperDuke Dictionary. What do you think?
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:31 am

Sarasota_Steve wrote:
The reason I wanna be a mod is because I want to give back to SD.net as I've gotten so much free information and help I've saved hundreds if not thousands of real world dollars by learning here. The fact that mods get free tyres, free helmet and free gas for life does not make a difference to me. At least that's what KTMGuy told me :lol:

True, but the first year that is limited to free air in the tyres! 8)
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

scamb66

Postby scamb66 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:18 am

ktmguy wrote:I'll ask Scamb, He was keen a while ago.

Yep still keen, been away on holidays and prepping for the move to Queensland in January and have only just seen this. Got plenty of time to commit to it and can help out where possible.
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:18 am

Okay screw all you volunteers. We have now been informed that Sarasota is a foreigner living in the USA and we all know how much Americans love and respect and treat them with kindness, I cannot let an opportunity pass without putting forth my utmost energy to see him brought into the fold. Barring this request to help others in far-flung regions of the world deal with issues as important as which rim-tape to buy or whether or not tyre warmers warm tyres that will cool down or no tyre warmers that will require tyres to be warmed up and then cooled down are just the type of issues that are foreign enough to be handled by a person holding a green card.
We would be doing this website an injustice if we let this opportunity slip from our clutches and we all know the value of a working slipper clutch.
We will require a pledge of allegiance
Screw it I change my mind I want scamb66 percent more.
jambox would be a real good choice too.
I'm all confused now can't we pick a Spaniard.
Sarasota, you speak spanish?
You had better say no or else you will be deported :evil:
I'm BLUE

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:16 am

DribbleDuke wrote:Okay screw all you volunteers. We have now been informed that Sarasota is a foreigner living in the USA and we all know how much Americans love and respect and treat them with kindness, I cannot let an opportunity pass without putting forth my utmost energy to see him brought into the fold. Barring this request to help others in far-flung regions of the world deal with issues as important as which rim-tape to buy or whether or not tyre warmers warm tyres that will cool down or no tyre warmers that will require tyres to be warmed up and then cooled down are just the type of issues that are foreign enough to be handled by a person holding a green card.
We would be doing this website an injustice if we let this opportunity slip from our clutches and we all know the value of a working slipper clutch.

Are you trump in disguise drib?
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:53 am

ktmguy wrote:
DribbleDuke wrote:Okay screw all you volunteers. We have now been informed that Sarasota is a foreigner living in the USA and we all know how much Americans love and respect and treat them with kindness, I cannot let an opportunity pass without putting forth my utmost energy to see him brought into the fold. Barring this request to help others in far-flung regions of the world deal with issues as important as which rim-tape to buy or whether or not tyre warmers warm tyres that will cool down or no tyre warmers that will require tyres to be warmed up and then cooled down are just the type of issues that are foreign enough to be handled by a person holding a green card.

Are you trump in disguise drib?

Of course we will need to see his birth certificate or at least a VIN.
Any foreigners that end up in Florida probably swam in with a box of cigars wrapped in plastic wrap. We'll probably find out later his name is Estevan Castro
Screw hit hire the Portuguese three colored guy
I'm BLUE

crazyinp
Two wheeled terror

Postby crazyinp » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:55 am

Lol! There are more foreigners on this forum than you think :) you didn't buy American bike did you ;)
______
In the Garage:
2015 KTM Superduke 1290R
2013 Ducati Panigale R

BassAgent
Site Admin

Postby BassAgent » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:14 am

Current admins will have a final decision within the next 48 hours. If you are chosen, you will receive a message regarding your next steps. Thanks again everyone for the interest.
Current bikes:
1990 GSXR 750 (custom streetfighter project WIP)
2006 Speed Triple 1050
2007 KTM 525 EXC (Sumo'd out)
2008 SuperDuke 990 R
2015 FZ-09

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:56 pm

DribbleDuke wrote:Okay screw all you volunteers. We have now been informed that Sarasota_Steve is a foreigner living in the USA and we all know how much Americans love and respect and treat them with kindness, I cannot let an opportunity pass without putting forth my utmost energy to see him brought into the fold. Barring this request to help others in far-flung regions of the world deal with issues as important as which rim-tape to buy or whether or not tyre warmers warm tyres that will cool down or no tyre warmers that will require tyres to be warmed up and then cooled down are just the type of issues that are foreign enough to be handled by a person holding a green card.
Sarasota_Steve, you speak spanish?

Si senhor. :shock:
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:28 pm

Sarasota_Steve wrote:
DribbleDuke wrote:Okay screw all you volunteers. We have now been informed that Sarasota_Steve is a foreigner living in the USA and we all know how much Americans love and respect and treat them with kindness, I cannot let an opportunity pass without putting forth my utmost energy to see him brought into the fold. Barring this request to help others in far-flung regions of the world deal with issues as important as which rim-tape to buy or whether or not tyre warmers warm tyres that will cool down or no tyre warmers that will require tyres to be warmed up and then cooled down are just the type of issues that are foreign enough to be handled by a person holding a green card.

You've heard of guilt by association. Well I find that when I read your posts I say to myself
Sarasota_Steve, what an ass :o
I'm BLUE

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:55 pm

DribbleDuke wrote:
Sarasota_Steve wrote:

You've heard of guilt by association. Well I find that when I read your posts I say to myself Sarasota_Steve, what an ass :o

Good to know. I figured we would all enjoy a nice ass instead of me riding my bike, or a picture of my face, or some obscure cartoon character avatar. You are welcome. THAT is what I call some good Argentinian meat. :wink:

Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:26 pm

Sarasota_Steve wrote:
Good to know. I figured we would all enjoy a nice ass instead of me riding my bike, or a picture of my face, or some obscure cartoon character avatar. You are welcome. THAT is what I call some good Argentinian meat. :wink:

My spanish is good enough to read what it says on the pants, however it took a few looks to actually been able to concentrate on the txt! :roll:

I do like the other good Argentinian meat too, the one on the open barbecue variety! :mrgreen:

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:13 pm

I'm fine with Steve as a mod IF he sends me some Asado, Empanadas, and some Chimichurri... :D
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:11 am

We need oafboy182, now talk about an ass :shock:
I'm BLUE

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:15 am

here it is
I'm BLUE

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:45 pm

Damn. Me like. Belongs in the nakkid pics thread.

Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:30 pm

Aphex wrote:I'm fine with Steve as a mod IF he sends me some Asado, Empanadas, and some Chimichurri... :D

in my house, that's called tuesday night's menu. :shock:

You know Aphex (if that's your real name) When I was scheming to attempt to try to run for the position of Mod here, I thought what better way than to bribe KTMGuy, BassAgent, and jmann so I sent them some of the finest asado I could make. Now, as you might know, I'm in FL, USA, Bass is in California and Guy and jmann in Australia. So I packed some lit charcoal in a box, the meat was barely seared on the outside and I thought by the time it gets there it'll be medium to medium well as they all requested (Imagine That), So called FedEx and sent it. Well, it did not go well.

The charcoal started smoking, the FedEx plane had to make an emergency landing, they discovered the charcoal and ate the meat, The empanadas that were wrapped in aluminium foil got smashed since TSA thought they were carrying disease (empanadas! Can you imagine that?) but apparently, they become coated with ashes from the coals. Ill be honest at the end of the day, not a good meal.

So I tell ya what, I'll be happy to make Asado con Chimichurri, Empanadas as a starter. But here. In Sarasota, FLA.
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

BassAgent
Site Admin

Postby BassAgent » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:21 pm

I thank everyone for their interest and throwing their names towards the cause. scamb66 and Sarasota_Steve have been brought on to the mod team. Hope you guys enjoy the privilege and make us proud!

Btw, go ahead and check out the Mods subforum and read the managing accounts thread (as well as anything else).
Current bikes:
2006 Speed Triple 1050
2008 SuperDuke 990 R
2015 FZ-09

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:01 am

Cool. Thank you guys. Will do my best.

Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

scamb66

Postby scamb66 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:23 am

Cheers guys, hopefully I can add to the long and illustrious list of mods that have trod this ground before me.
Best bit is my name is now Orange.

Loco
Minimoto racer

Postby Loco » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:46 am

Not a prolific poster but admin elsewhere.

jambox
Trackday hero

Postby jambox » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:45 pm

How many mods/admin do we have now?

Just out of curiosity.
05/06 SD, too raw for the journos!

scamb66

Postby scamb66 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:03 pm

jambox wrote:How many mods/admin do we have now?

Just out of curiosity.

7 I think,
Bic, Sarasota-Steve, Bassagent, Aphex, KTMGUY, Jmann, scamb66

BassAgent
Site Admin

Postby BassAgent » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:54 pm

scamb66 wrote:
jambox wrote:How many mods/admin do we have now?

Just out of curiosity.

7 I think,
Bic, Sarasota-Steve, Bassagent, Aphex, KTMGUY, Jmann, scamb66
This.
Current bikes:
2006 Speed Triple 1050
2008 SuperDuke 990 R
2015 FZ-09

PreviousNext

Return to Hooliganism