Graves 990.

general forum > questions . answers . discussions
Aphex
Site Admin

Graves 990.

Postby Aphex » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Anyone still have a Graves system on their 990? I just picked a set up and deciding if I want my MIVV's to be my track day exhaust or the Graves.

The MIVV's are dented and scratched already but I still like the way the look compared to Graves.

Also can anyone shoot a pic of how they mount to the sub frame, I believe I have to contact Graves to see if they can ship the mounting hardware.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Re: Graves 990.

Postby DribbleDuke » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:02 am

Aphex wrote:Anyone still have a Graves system on their 990? I just picked a set up and deciding if I want my MIVV's to be my track day exhaust or the Graves.

The MIVV's are dented and scratched already but I still like the way the look compared to Graves.

Also can anyone shoot a pic of how they mount to the sub frame, I believe I have to contact Graves to see if they can ship the mounting hardware.

Me, you've been pmed
I'm BLUE

Bigpumpkin
Minimoto racer

Postby Bigpumpkin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:01 pm

I still have mine and man are they incredibly loud. I'll try to take a pic of the mounting setup today. cheers

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Got them in, cleaned em up and polished them. Tried to get as much of the strap marks off as possible but they're just gonna show up again anyways.

08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:39 am

The look is growing on me and they're just a bit louder than my Mivv's with the baffles in.

Me so Hoony.

Spike_africa
Minimoto racer

Postby Spike_africa » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:33 am

Shit looks really good.
2007 SD 990
2009 Triumph Street Triple

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:27 am

Well here is my review of the Graves exhaust.

The way it mounts to the bike is 100% better than Mivv's solution. The exhaust sits in a much better spot so there is a ton of clearance (tyre would constantly rub on Mivv's), they sound great when riding around but when you snap the throttle to make them bark there is a loud rattle and rushing sound. I assume that's due to how the "DB Killer" is done, it's basically just s smaller hollow tube at the end of a large hollow tube. So the exhaust gases are smashing into the end of the can then making their way out the smaller hole, they also sound very fluttery on decel.

I mostly hear the intake when I ride anyways so...

I'll a link to a short Graves video then also a short Mivv video.

Me so Hoony.

speedfiend41
Two wheeled terror

Postby speedfiend41 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:59 am

Great video mate! It's amazing how, apart from being on the wrong side of the road (:)), that looks so much like South Australia - dry, dusty and a nice sunset.

Your wheelie technique is different to mine - I don't close the throttle fully and snap it open, I just accelerate hard, when the front gets high enough, hopefully just before balance point, I change to second and hold it up in that gear. But having flipped my last one flat out in third, I'm far less adventurous now!
Superduke 990R single seater, MIVV's, tail tidy, LSL bars
MV Agusta 2011 F4, dripping with carbon, titanium Bodis exhaust, sounds like Armageddon

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:31 pm

speedfiend41 wrote:Great video mate! It's amazing how, apart from being on the wrong side of the road (:)), that looks so much like South Australia - dry, dusty and a nice sunset.

Your wheelie technique is different to mine - I don't close the throttle fully and snap it open, I just accelerate hard, when the front gets high enough, hopefully just before balance point, I change to second and hold it up in that gear. But having flipped my last one flat out in third, I'm far less adventurous now!

Lol thanks! I like to think all the dirt on the road has made me much better at sliding the rear around corners :lol: .

The second video was just after I installed the rotty intake and remapped it so I was doing power wheelies in 1st and 2nd to judge how much smoother throttle response was not to mention all that noticeable mid range power. I'm back to clutch ups now, they're far more predictable.

Me so Hoony.

Spike_africa
Minimoto racer

Postby Spike_africa » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:21 pm

I like how those sound and look a lot.
2007 SD 990

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:02 am

Spike_africa wrote:I like how those sound and look a lot.

They're for sale :D

Me so Hoony.

Spike_africa
Minimoto racer

Postby Spike_africa » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:07 pm

Aphex wrote:
Spike_africa wrote:I like how those sound and look a lot.

They're for sale :D

Already shot you a PM.
2007 SD 990

Return to Hooliganism