FS '08 SDR, should I? would you?

general forum > questions . answers . discussions
PBRnr
Stunt rider

Re: FS '08 SDR, should I? would you?

Postby PBRnr » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:57 pm

Apparently it was originally owned by a young fellow in Beverly Hills whose Dad insisted he hand over the pink slip it was such a quick bike...ended up with the guy I bought it from last night who put on 500 miles over 1 yr of ownership. That sound like something your dad would do? :lol:

I’ll take a peek....
Always stay a student of something

crazyinp
Two wheeled terror

Postby crazyinp » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:51 am

PBRnr wrote:Apparently it was originally owned by a young fellow in Beverly Hills whose Dad insisted he hand over the pink slip it was such a quick bike...ended up with the guy I bought it from last night who put on 500 miles over 1 yr of ownership. That sound like something your dad would do? :lol:

I’ll take a peek....

Haha definitely not. But there are few things on the bike, and from the pictures you posted that seems like mine. Like I said the if there is inspection sticker under the headlight , defiantly my old bike. :)
______
In the Garage:
2015 KTM Superduke 1290R
2013 Ducati Panigale R

PBRnr
Stunt rider

Postby PBRnr » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:29 am

Pm sent

crazyinp
Two wheeled terror

Postby crazyinp » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:05 am

PBRnr wrote:Pm sent

check your PM
______
In the Garage:
2015 KTM Superduke 1290R
2013 Ducati Panigale R

PBRnr
Stunt rider

Postby PBRnr » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:44 am

If the dating scene is like picking up a used bike and learning its confusing past making you feel like you might have walked away but also may have found that one true love, I'm sure as hell glad I married my HS sweetheart! Still gotta get title transferred once AAA office opens up monday.

So itching to ride it...or are those crabs I feel?

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:39 pm

PBRnr wrote:If the dating scene is like picking up a used bike and learning its confusing past making you feel like you might have walked away but also may have found that one true love, I'm sure as hell glad I married my HS sweetheart! Still gotta get title transferred once AAA office opens up monday.

So itching to ride it...or are those crabs I feel?

:)
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

PBRnr
Stunt rider

Postby PBRnr » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:40 am

First short ride done today after throwing on some of the old bits/bobs I had from my first 08. Have to tweak the suspension setup a bit for my taste, but MAN that top-end HP rush is something that my non-R 08 NEVER did. I've no plans to track this bike, but there were so many times I wanted to have that extra pull out there on the track. Plus side is I learned to pass faster bikes with better line selection instead of relying on power...

After a quick stop n park, I need to charge the battery a bit as it threatened to flatline when I was starting to take off again. Also noticed this strange phenomenon where the idle revs wouldn't drop below ~2.2-2.5k rpms even though the bike was warmed up. After about 10 minutes of operation, the idle did drop back down to normal but the engine would hover for about 1-2 sec at 2.5k before doing so. Is this normal? I don't think it was a sticky throttle cable...I bought my first '08 with O2 sensors removed etc etc and this bike is bone stock...

Previous

Return to Hooliganism