1290 Chain Life

general forum > questions . answers . discussions
scamb66

1290 Chain Life

Postby scamb66 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:06 am

The 1290 appears to be resonably kind on it chain, mine has done 13000km mostly dry country running and I think that I have possibly adjusted it only once
What sort of milage are you guys getting out of your 1290 chains?

No it's not my sprocket :shock:
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

WHO?
Minimoto racer

Re: 1290 Chain Life

Postby WHO? » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:28 pm

3rd chain just topped 30k (clicks not miles) but have to do a fair hunk of dusty shite riding - you've seen my bike,out of exasperation I recently scored one of those kettenmax chain cleaner kits to have a go, difference is amazing, kit is a pita to set up but results well worth it therefore hoping to get some decent mileage from this chain - aside - we're going to have to rattle that Agro bloke awake for some more laps one of these days
any day above ground's a good day so keep smiling!!

scamb66

Re: 1290 Chain Life

Postby scamb66 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:44 pm

WHO? wrote:3rd chain just topped 30k (clicks not miles) but have to do a fair hunk of dusty shite riding - you've seen my bike,out of exasperation I recently scored one of those kettenmax chain cleaner kits to have a go, difference is amazing, kit is a pita to set up but results well worth it therefore hoping to get some decent mileage from this chain - aside - we're going to have to rattle that Agro bloke awake for some more laps one of these days

Mate I have seen dirt bikes cleaner than yours, no surprise that you are on your third chain.
Need to get Agro up and do a run over Glorious.
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

Return to Hooliganism