New 18 SDR Owner

general forum > questions . answers . discussions
jgiachino
Minimoto racer

New 18 SDR Owner

Postby jgiachino » Tue May 29, 2018 12:37 pm

His guys, just bought an 18 1290 SDR, I've been wanting one for a while....had a 990smt ii let go 2 years ago and currently have a GS, 300xc, 350xc - so good to have a KTM street bike back in the garage! Bike is stock with perf and track package installed. First 200mi on clock, seems like she'll be a great bike!

Any event, I just wanted a fun bike that was orange, not going to track it, just commute 10 miles and hit the twisties (rocky mountains just 5 miles away)!

Opinions on accessories appreciated:

Ordered: Yosh Fender Eliminator, KTM heated Grips, SAE Pig Tail, KTM tank protector stickers, scottt oiler, USB cable for Acc1 near dash, R&G rear pass footpeg slim bracket

Installed: Ram Mount in Bar clamp with my Garmin Montana mounted under dash - looks / fits very nice/clean and I can easily swap between dirt bikes and 1290 - KTTM colors as well!

Q's:
--Anyone put Clearwater Darlas (fork mount) on one of these? Have on GS and they make nights riding and visibility top notch - but want a pic too see how they look / feedback on install?
- Exhaust - been researching, have no clue. My 990 had Twin Akra's, intake, SAS removal, Akra map,...and it was worth it! Not ready to go there on a brand new bike so need a few k miles to get used to stock, break in, make sure she's running strong before I nuke the warranty - wanted a can for now, love the look / size of the Austin Racing Slip on but apparently without link pipe a shorty will just rob power? (anyone dyne just AR slip on, stock map?) and apparently the 17+ needs a remap regardless so ECU doesnt have a fit - any inputs on this?

Thoughts appreciated, excited AF to join the club!
18 1290 SDR, 17 r1200GS, 17 300xc, 13 350xc --19 350xc coming in July

Return to Hooliganism