Luggage Racks for 990 SuperDuke

Use this forum to list parts and accessories you are selling.

Include details of the part (part # if you know it), what bike it fits, age, condition, location and asking price.

Don't forget to add at least one picture
redlimit835
Minimoto racer

Luggage Racks for 990 SuperDuke

Postby redlimit835 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Hey guys! I am working on making some nice luggage racks for the 990 that would allow us to mount hard cases on to the motorcycle. I currently have some 3-D prototype parts printed and am planning to make certain that mounts off of the rear passenger pegs area but will not interfere with your passenger pegs!

The next step is tying in to the bags in the back of the bike. What I want to know is what kind of hard cases would you guys be most interested in seeing on a kit For the SuperDuke.

Right now I’m leaning towards using SW-Motech bags! To me they seem like a good value with some more interesting sleek designs. This would also make it easy for me to use their style Bobbons to make it a easily removable and lockable solution!

I’m here looking for your feedback! What would you guys like to see, what do you think it should cost, and how many of you would actually be interested in something like this?

Want to start getting more feedback I’ll put some service to help narrow down the results! My goal is to end up creating a really easy set of luggage now so we all can enjoy our Dukes even more! I would love to be able to show you guys the first prototype of it at the tale of the Dragon later this summer if that meet is still going on.

Dominick.

redlimit835
Minimoto racer

Re: Luggage Racks for 990 SuperDuke

Postby redlimit835 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:43 am

Hey if you clicked on this thread, then take one minute to complete this fast 6 question survey!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/23B52QM

My goal is to have units ready to ship later this summer. Let's hear what you really want!

Also, keep an eye on my FB page to see ongoing updates and photos!!

https://www.facebook.com/RedLimitEngineering/

Dingotech
Minimoto racer

Postby Dingotech » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:49 pm

Looking forward to seeing what you develop. Went with aftermarket seat, so lost the gear loops that came with factory. Doing long trips with a 30L backpack sucks!

Where in Ohio are you, BTW? I'm in Cincinnati.

slfishf1
Minimoto racer

Postby slfishf1 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:45 pm

sounds cool.

PBRnr
Stunt rider

Postby PBRnr » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:46 pm

any plans for a 990 SDR-adapted version? I keep eyeballing mine and thinking if I can bend/weld some tubing together for a set...
Always stay a student of something
------------------------
'08 full fat SDR, akras w headers, charcoal can removed, random carbon bits

Return to Parts and accessories for sale