WTB Nichols Triple clamp

Use this forum to list parts and accessories you are selling.

Include details of the part (part # if you know it), what bike it fits, age, condition, location and asking price.

Don't forget to add at least one picture
LeDuc
Minimoto racer

WTB Nichols Triple clamp

Postby LeDuc » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:32 am

Hello Folks,

Like the title suggests I am looking for a Nichols triple clamp. If you happen to have one please hit me up.

Thanks

LeDuc

LeDuc
Minimoto racer

Re: WTB Nichols Triple clamp

Postby LeDuc » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:50 am

No one?

Linga
Wheelie king

Postby Linga » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:35 pm

I've had two bikes stolen with them, if you find one it's a fair chance it's from mine.

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Postby SDNerd » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:59 pm

What did the good folks at Nichols say when you contacted them? Were they willing to share the CAD solid model with you - perhaps for a small royalty for their trouble? Then a trivial matter to get them made (albeit, not cheaply).

It's a desirable piece - and worth having on any 990. Alternatively, and probably less expensively, fork extension caps could be made ... Same result.

If there was real demand for say qty. 10 = people willing to "group buy"; payment up front, I would be willing to see if they would share the CAD, and I could get them made. Again, they won't be cheap, but probably <$500. I could reverse engineer from mine, and create the model, but that would add some real cost.

Linga wrote:I've had two bikes stolen with them, if you find one it's a fair chance it's from mine.

Wow - you really think they'd turn up in San Francisco? I know ... fooking fleabay.

Linga
Wheelie king

Postby Linga » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:06 pm

SDNerd wrote:What did the good folks at Nichols say when you contacted them? Were they willing to share the CAD solid model with you - perhaps for a small royalty for their trouble? Then a trivial matter to get them made (albeit, not cheaply).

It's a desirable piece - and worth having on any 990. Alternatively, and probably less expensively, fork extension caps could be made ... Same result.

If there was real demand for say qty. 10 = people willing to "group buy"; payment up front, I would be willing to see if they would share the CAD, and I could get them made. Again, they won't be cheap, but probably <$500. I could reverse engineer from mine, and create the model, but that would add some real cost.

Linga wrote:I've had two bikes stolen with them, if you find one it's a fair chance it's from mine.

Wow - you really think they'd turn up in San Francisco? I know ... fooking fleabay.

Yeah, without a doubt... Forged Marchesini's too...

Return to Parts and accessories for sale