Attack 1290 Super Duke R Rearsets Available Now!!!

Use this forum to list parts and accessories you are selling.

Include details of the part (part # if you know it), what bike it fits, age, condition, location and asking price.

Don't forget to add at least one picture
MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Attack 1290 Super Duke R Rearsets Available Now!!!

Postby MaDukes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:34 pm

Thanks for those who waited patiently!

Available now in anodised black and hard anodised "Attack Gold" are rearsets for the KTM 1290 Super Duke R.

We had a limited production for the first run with 30 kits available.

Cost is $529.99 for the Kit.

With GP Shift capability $599.99

We posted a thread months back about us producing the kit. Some board members have been on a list to contact first if they would like to purchase.

We will be notifying those customers first today.

These rearsets are the same style of rearsets that have been used and developed by Chaz Davies, Steve Rapp, Leandro Mercado, Eric Bostrom, Blake Young, to just name a few.

Features are:
Adjustable main brackets with many positions to move the kit up, down, forward, and back from stock.
Folding pedals
Rounded inner peg and cleated outer peg for maximum grip
Carbon Fiber Heal Guards
Quick change pinch type peg design
GP Shift Capability

If you would like to place an order please email sales@attackperformance.com or call 800-575-9212 opt.1 for sales.

Thank you for your interest!!!

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Re: Attack 1290 Super Duke R Rearsets Available Now!!!

Postby MaDukes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:05 pm

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:08 pm

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:52 pm

Can a moderator please repost this in the parts for sale section. Sorry for posting in the bikes for sale section...

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:13 am

Must Have for any 1290 SDR!!!

kevxtx
Stunt rider

Postby kevxtx » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:09 am

Great job mate they look real good. :D

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:30 am

I'm going to be a bit critical here!
Due to the pedal (brake or clutch) being mounted on the side of the plate and so being off set a fair bit the footrest itself has been made longer.
In my opinion this looks bad (like a weird dildo, yes my brain is fooked).

it would have been nice to make the pedal hinge on the start of the footrest itself which would have been nicer.
The rest look good and nice machine work.
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:47 pm

With all due respect to someone I don't know referring to our product in such a demeanor is disrespectful with your choice of words.

Just FYI World Renowned Motorcycle Engineer Richard Stanboli designed these rearsets.

Also just FYI these rearsets were ridden by and developed by:

Ben Spies (World Champion)

Jason Pridmore (World Champion)

Tommy Hayden (National Champion)

Roger Hayden (National Champion)

Chaz Davies (WSBK Race Winner and World Champion)

Leandro Mercado (WSBK Rider and World Champion)

Josh Hayes (National Champion and Wildcard MotoGP Rider)

Danny Eslick (Daytona 200 Champion X2)

Eric Bostrom (Wildcard MotoGP Rider)

Steve Rapp (Wildcard MotoGP Rider & Daytona 200 Champion)

I could keep on going, but I have more professional race bikes to build.

I think some of the World's BEST riders know how to develop a product and also WIN with that product.

For a moderator I would think as in most forums your choice of words would entail more tact.

Please don't bombard this thread with any other senseless jargon-thank you.

Jozef Tomasovich
Engine Builder/Tuner
Attack Performance

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:27 am

Strictly my personal opinion and I like my choice of words not because it sounds interesting but that's the first thing that popped in to my mind together with huge shoe size.

Also don't appreciate people just "using" forums to sell their stuff without actually participating to anything else.

Seems your product is obviously the best designed by the best with the best materials on the best machines for the best price!

So are all the other products on the market.

Good luck with it!
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:47 pm

Rearsets with GP shift capability are NOW available. Call 800-575-9212 opt.1 for sales to place an order or email tuning@attackperformance.com for more information.

SD07enthu
Minimoto racer

Postby SD07enthu » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:56 pm

I have been using the all black Attack performance rearsets and it has met all my requirements as far as my knee and body position on the bike is concerned. If anyone has any specific questions from a usability stand point I can give you some info. Jozef from AP was really nice to deal with.

Cheers

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:41 pm

Enjoy them my man!

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:57 am

08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:04 am

^^^^^ Not sure what this is all about...^^^^^

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:03 am

ktmguy wrote:I'm going to be a bit critical here!
In my opinion this looks bad (like a weird dildo, yes my brain is fooked).

MaDukes wrote:^^^^^ Not sure what this is all about...^^^^^
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

tripoddave
Wheelie king

Postby tripoddave » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:22 pm

Not on the Attack website.
fbsr: Sticky Side Down
PIN IT. NAIL IT. BRAKE! BRAKE! SQUEEZE EVERYTHING YOU CAN!

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:43 pm

tripoddave wrote:Not on the Attack website.

That's correct. They are a new product and they aren't on the site just yet.

If you would like to place an order call 800-575-9212 opt. 1 for sales or email tuning@attackperformance.com

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:58 pm

BUMP

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:01 pm

ktmguy wrote:Also don't appreciate people just "using" forums to sell their stuff without actually participating to anything else.

I wonder if this forum member will ever participate in the forum other than trying to sell his rearsets. Maybe he has other parts he can sell us .....
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Sarasota_Steve wrote:
ktmguy wrote:Also don't appreciate people just "using" forums to sell their stuff without actually participating to anything else.

I wonder if this forum member will ever participate in the forum other than trying to sell his rearsets. Maybe he has other parts he can sell us .....

Before businesses used to spend thousands on adds in magazines, yellow pages, TV, etc.
Now they just join a forum and try to palm off their stuff. I normally have no problem with that if they also participate in some discussions and help a few members out.

Also it's nice to take on board some suggestions and try to be sociable in general.
In this case the stuff is not even on their website yet....

Some forums adopt the "sponsorship" system now for businesses so it helps with hosting costs for the site.
Maybe we need to look in to this?!

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:59 pm

ktmguy wrote:Some forums adopt the "sponsorship" system now for businesses so it helps with hosting costs for the site.
Maybe we need to look in to this?!

I know your taking the piss, but that's a very quick way to get my vote to have you pulled as a mod. Especially after all that shit we just went through with Mike.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

Lowrance
Trackday hero

Postby Lowrance » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:43 am

You guys need to lighten up....Attack Performance is a very well renowned race shop here in So Cal. They make top notch quality products and prep race bikes for some of the quickest racers in the nation.

Jozef probably had to lobby Richard pretty hard to get him to design/manufacture these rearsets for such a relatively low volume bike. This is the Superduke forum so makes sense he's letting you guys know they are available. They sell hundreds (probably thousands) of rearsets a year for racebikes/sportbikes. I would wager they are one of if not THE best selling rearsets for the BMW S1000.

Don't see any of you giving Aaron any grief for letting you know his airboxes for the 1290 will soon be available These rearsets are just as much a functional work of art for your foot controls as his airboxes are for induction. They are extremely adjustable, very strong (certainly the strongest rearsets I've personally used) and spare parts are readily available should you damage something when/if your ambitions exceed your abilities.

No, I do not have any affiliation with nor do I receive commission from AP. They just produce a really good product and they have great customer service.

The end.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:11 pm

Lowrance wrote:You guys need to lighten up....Attack Performance is a very well renowned race shop here in So Cal. They make top notch quality products and prep race bikes for some of the quickest racers in the nation.

Jozef probably had to lobby Richard pretty hard to get him to design/manufacture these rearsets for such a relatively low volume bike. This is the Superduke forum so makes sense he's letting you guys know they are available. They sell hundreds (probably thousands) of rearsets a year for racebikes/sportbikes. I would wager they are one of if not THE best selling rearsets for the BMW S1000.

Don't see any of you giving Aaron any grief for letting you know his airboxes for the 1290 will soon be available These rearsets are just as much a functional work of art for your foot controls as his airboxes are for induction. They are extremely adjustable, very strong (certainly the strongest rearsets I've personally used) and spare parts are readily available should you damage something when/if your ambitions exceed your abilities.

No, I do not have any affiliation with nor do I receive commission from AP. They just produce a really good product and they have great customer service.

The end.

It's nothing personal against Attack or Jozef, I would jump in on a dick joke in Aarons thread as well. However Jozef not being able to take some criticism/ribbing only makes it more...interesting. :)

Me so Hoony.

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:03 pm

I have been to many AMA Superbike races. One of the things that I have walked away from at the end of watching a busy paddock as a spectator is the realization that Richard Stanboli is the hardest working team owner I have ever witnessed. I dare say that you could look far and wide in road racing circles and still not find a single person to reproach his integrity or honesty. I have been one to praise and support anyone furthering road racing in making performance parts and or supporting it through sponsorship. We have opened the sales and promotions of other manufacturers and suppliers many years ago with good results. Attack is just another beneficiary to this policy. We get single posts from "members" selling or advertising their no longer needed SDs and or parts.
A bit of dick swinging is part and parcel of this site also, I do feel it is in the best interest of members to leave dildos out of this contest for I am afraid we will all loose. Reading many of Guys' posts have left me thinking he has way more mechanical skills than most on this site and he has been ready and able to help many members through their woes. MaDukes is interested in one thing only and likely has not followed Guys' posts. All should put their dicks back in their britches before someone ends up with one up their rearset.
PS
One of my son's happiest paddock moments was getting a signed Attack Kawasaki Eric Bostrom poster at Laguna Seca. It is framed and still up on his wall.
Bump :lol:
I'm BLUE

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:47 am

Lowrance wrote:Don't see any of you giving Aaron any grief for letting you know his airboxes for the 1290 will soon be available.

Aaron has been here since a long time and comparing him to Attack is not relevant. First he was and still is a SD enthusiast and he was riding one when the airbox was developed.
As far as I remember the first lot were made in spare time as there was a need for the product and he had the skills to make it. He also was never shy to help other members out with suggestions or advice.
Let just mention Austin exhaust. He initially came on this site to sell his product and we all knew this. He also took criticism and suggestions and put them to good use. There are also members who got helped by him with setting up quickshifters so at least we got something back. I also know that Neo talked to other companies behind the scenes in regards to the workings of the TC and the anti wheelie settings.

In regards to the Attack rearsets. I specified that the machining is spot on and is a thing of beauty. On the other hand the design is not!
I try to help by not sounding like a negative idiot but by specifying what I think in my opinion is wrong.
1- the hinge point of the gear lever.
2- the excessive length of the foot rests.

I'm not in the market for rearsets and if I was I wouldn't buy these for that reason.

All strictly my opinion, take it as negative if you want. I only want to help and tell you what I don't like.

Next

Return to Parts and accessories for sale