Attack 1290 Super Duke R Rearsets Available Now!!!

Use this forum to list parts and accessories you are selling.

Include details of the part (part # if you know it), what bike it fits, age, condition, location and asking price.

Don't forget to add at least one picture
Lowrance
Trackday hero

Re: Attack 1290 Super Duke R Rearsets Available Now!!!

Postby Lowrance » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:16 am

IYFHO...right? Jozef owns a 1290...he is an enthusiast. That's pecisely why he lobbied Richard to make them in the first place.

Obviously you don't like them for whatever reason or want to purchase them. Nothing wrong with that. I'd suggest not ripping on someone because you think you know what your on about based on a couple of photos. Come on Guy, your smarter than that.

Being a mod you are (or should be) held to a higher standard.....you really should stop acting like a holy-er than thou, know it all dick.

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:04 am

Lowrance wrote:IYFHO...right? Jozef owns a 1290...he is an enthusiast. That's pecisely why he lobbied Richard to make them in the first place.

Obviously you don't like them for whatever reason or want to purchase them. Nothing wrong with that. I'd suggest not ripping on someone because you think you know what your on about based on a couple of photos. Come on Guy, your smarter than that.

Being a mod you are (or should be) held to a higher standard.....you really should stop acting like a holy-er than thou, know it all dick.

I'm not ripping on someone, it's my impression you do as I stated I don't like something you do.

In regards to a couple of photo's, we have nothing else to go by haven't we.

If you want the admin job I'm happy to pass it on to you!
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:09 am

ktmguy wrote:
Lowrance wrote:Don't see any of you giving Aaron any grief for letting you know his airboxes for the 1290 will soon be available.

Aaron has been here since a long time and comparing him to Attack is not relevant. First he was and still is a SD enthusiast and he was riding one when the airbox was developed.
As far as I remember the first lot were made in spare time as there was a need for the product and he had the skills to make it. He also was never shy to help other members out with suggestions or advice.
Let just mention Austin exhaust. He initially came on this site to sell his product and we all knew this. He also took criticism and suggestions and put them to good use. There are also members who got helped by him with setting up quickshifters so at least we got something back. I also know that Neo talked to other companies behind the scenes in regards to the workings of the TC and the anti wheelie settings.

In regards to the Attack rearsets. I specified that the machining is spot on and is a thing of beauty. On the other hand the design is not!
I try to help by not sounding like a negative idiot but by specifying what I think in my opinion is wrong.
1- the hinge point of the gear lever.
2- the excessive length of the foot rests.

I'm not in the market for rearsets and if I was I wouldn't buy these for that reason.

All strictly my opinion, take it as negative if you want. I only want to help and tell you what I don't like.

Now along with supreme leader you have become relevance judge. We can all breath a little easier and so can our SD's with your shining examples of "pertinent" , but rearsets is where you put your foot down? :?
I'm BLUE

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:11 pm

Lowrance wrote:You guys need to lighten up....Attack Performance is a very well renowned race shop here in So Cal. They make top notch quality products and prep race bikes for some of the quickest racers in the nation.

Jozef probably had to lobby Richard pretty hard to get him to design/manufacture these rearsets for such a relatively low volume bike. This is the Superduke forum so makes sense he's letting you guys know they are available. They sell hundreds (probably thousands) of rearsets a year for racebikes/sportbikes. I would wager they are one of if not THE best selling rearsets for the BMW S1000.

Don't see any of you giving Aaron any grief for letting you know his airboxes for the 1290 will soon be available These rearsets are just as much a functional work of art for your foot controls as his airboxes are for induction. They are extremely adjustable, very strong (certainly the strongest rearsets I've personally used) and spare parts are readily available should you damage something when/if your ambitions exceed your abilities.

No, I do not have any affiliation with nor do I receive commission from AP. They just produce a really good product and they have great customer service.

The end.

I've quoted this post to make it very clear we are not using this forum as a sole means to sell this product. I DID have to lobby to get Richard to design the kit for the 1290 as he often will not make rearsets for a bike that doesn't have a large number of units sold. With that being said I wanted to post them up here first for sale so that people on THIS forum could get first dibs on placing an order. Once they are sold out I'm not sure how long it will be before another run is in the works.

Also I have contributed to other things on this forum. For instance I went to Drive Systems and got them to prototype a 520 kit for the 1290. I posted about it on here for board members who are interested could purchase one. I myself and Attack Performance benefited nothing from putting that on here.

Finally, this thread has gotten blown way out of proportion in the wrong direction. If someone is interested in the rearsets or would like to know more about them please post here. I will NOT respond further to any other posts on this thread off topic.

Jozef

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:18 pm

Lowrance wrote:IYFHO...right? Jozef owns a 1290...he is an enthusiast. That's pecisely why he lobbied Richard to make them in the first place.

I am a huuuuuge enthusiast of this bike. Definitely the most fun of any bike I've ever ridden. Only want to improve the machine as there are so many things to do to this bike. Also in the process of getting K-Tech to release some cartridges for the bike. I shipped the front end to England to have it measured-went almost 7 weeks without riding here in SoCal. I will post up here when they become available, and I don't work for K-Tech. Just wanted to let everyone know parts that will be available when fairly sure there won't be much marketing to let the SD population know...

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:16 pm

In stock and ready for your 1290 Super Duke R in both hard anodizing and black.

Best performance bang for your buck!

Post, Pm, or email sales@attackperformance.com

fnnm1
Minimoto racer

Postby fnnm1 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:57 pm

I will print some of the pics and take them out to my bike later. But app how much can the pegs be moved to the rear?

Regards and Thanks

Silverbear
Two wheeled terror

Postby Silverbear » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:37 am

SD07enthu wrote:I have been using the all black Attack performance rearsets and it has met all my requirements as far as my knee and body position on the bike is concerned. If anyone has any specific questions from a usability stand point I can give you some info. Jozef from AP was really nice to deal with.

Cheers

I was wondering why the peg is solidly attached and not spring loaded.This is a rear set designed for street bikes and the acassional track day,not race bikes so what is the advantage of the ridged pegs.I would of thought that with low sides and the accidental dropping in car parks,garages etc that a spring loaded peg would be the go but I'm happy to learn why the rigid peg is preferred.Cheers

Lowrance
Trackday hero

Postby Lowrance » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:34 pm

Silverbear wrote:
SD07enthu wrote:I have been using the all black Attack performance rearsets and it has met all my requirements as far as my knee and body position on the bike is concerned. If anyone has any specific questions from a usability stand point I can give you some info. Jozef from AP was really nice to deal with.

Cheers

I was wondering why the peg is solidly attached and not spring loaded.This is a rear set designed for street bikes and the acassional track day,not race bikes so what is the advantage of the ridged pegs.I would of thought that with low sides and the accidental dropping in car parks,garages etc that a spring loaded peg would be the go but I'm happy to learn why the rigid peg is preferred.Cheers

Keeps other...more expensive and/or non replaceable parts from coming in contact with the ground. They act as a slider of sorts.

You'll find that most if not all rearsets are designed to do the same.

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Silverbear wrote:

Cheers

The majority of aftermarket rearsets are designed with solid mounted pegs. Our rearsets are designed as a aftermarket high performance product. They are bred from racing. The peg utilizes a pinch type design for easy removal and replacement. You can change a peg in a matter of seconds. We do not design spring loaded pegs. We have been designing rearsets for 20 years for sport bikes with this design. Spring loaded pegs are nice when backing up your bike as the backs of your legs can touch them and they will fold up. the level of adjustment is designed for riders to get the absolute most adjustment, feel, and grip. The pegs like the entire rearset are billet aluminium. In the event of a tip over or small crash the pegs are perforated to brake off and leave enough peg to still ride. I've seen bikes that have been crashed with our rearsets on and they are so solid, rigid, and durable they usually hold up very well. I've even seen instances when bikes have been completely destroyed the the rearsets are 100% in one piece...

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:42 pm

Lowrance wrote:
Silverbear wrote:

Cheers

Keeps other...more expensive and/or non replaceable parts from coming in contact with the ground. They act as a slider of sorts.

That is correct ^^^. All of the parts for the rearsets can be purchased separately in the event you need something replaced.

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:57 pm

fnnm1 wrote:I will print some of the pics and take them out to my bike later. But app how much can the pegs be moved to the rear?

Regards and Thanks

The Super Duke Rear Sets adjust:

20mm Up
10mm down
30 rearward
0mm forward

Silverbear
Two wheeled terror

Postby Silverbear » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:56 pm

I have been using the all black Attack performance rearsets and it has met all my requirements as far as my knee and body position on the bike is concerned. If anyone has angy specific questions from a usability stand point I can give you some info. Jozef from AP was really nice to deal with.

You'll find that most if not all rearsets are designed to do the same.[/quote]

That is correct ^^^. All of the parts for the rearsets can be purchased separately in the event you need something replaced.[/quote][/quote]
Thanks for response lads and for racing and track day junkies,the rigid pegs may have there place.My concern was that your rear sets will end up on SDR's that spend most,if not all there kms/mls on the public roads and pretty much all street bikes come from the manufacture with spring loaded pegs.Maybe it is a manufacturing safety regulation,but doe's raise the issue of what is better and safer for street riding.I think the Attack Performance products are some of the best Iv'e seen especially the adjustable offset triple clamps of which would be a much needed mod for the 990 instead of the Nichols product that only addresses half the problem.Cheers

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:01 pm

Silverbear wrote:I have been using the all black Attack performance rearsets and it has met all my requirements as far as my knee and body position on the bike is concerned. If anyone has angy specific questions from a usability stand point I can give you some info. Jozef from AP was really nice to deal with.

That is correct ^^^. All of the parts for the rearsets can be purchased separately in the event you need something replaced.[/quote][/quote]
Thanks for response lads and for racing and track day junkies,the rigid pegs may have there place.My concern was that your rear sets will end up on SDR's that spend most,if not all there kms/mls on the public roads and pretty much all street bikes come from the manufacture with spring loaded pegs.Maybe it is a manufacturing safety regulation,but doe's raise the issue of what is better and safer for street riding.I think the Attack Performance products are some of the best Iv'e seen especially the adjustable offset triple clamps of which would be a much needed mod for the 990 instead of the Nichols product that only addresses half the problem.Cheers[/quote]

That would be correct. In stock in both hard anodised and black anodised.

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm

In stock in both hard anodizing and black anodizing finishes with both carbon and aluminium heal guards.

Both Standard and GP Shift Available.

Call 800-575-9212 or email tuning@attackperformance.com

PBRnr
Stunt rider

Postby PBRnr » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:57 am

Not knocking the Attack product line here, in fact have nothing but praise for excellent customer service and overall build quality. Just putting in 2c.

I've Attacks on my 990 and wish for a sturdier heel guard that is larger. The one on my 990 is a thin piece of carbon (strong, yes) but I am hesitant to really wedge my heel on it for turns because it flexes a great deal and I lose feedback. Additionally, if the guard were larger, I could get a much better position with my foot upon it. With my US 10.5 shoe size, the guard sits almost under my midfoot with the ball of my foot on the peg.

As for adjustability, my pair cannot actually make use of all the hole positions because the shift rod dimensions or brake lever travel is adversely affected by certain fore/aft and height positions. Maybe the 1290 config works differently

Note on the knurling of the pegs. They are SHARP. Definitely not-slipping off those except for maybe a hard tank slapper or highside, but they will chew up your boot soles quickly.
Always stay a student of something

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:41 pm

PBRnr wrote:Not knocking the Attack product line here, in fact have nothing but praise for excellent customer service and overall build quality. Just putting in 2c.

I've Attacks on my 990 and wish for a sturdier heel guard that is larger. The one on my 990 is a thin piece of carbon (strong, yes) but I am hesitant to really wedge my heel on it for turns because it flexes a great deal and I lose feedback. Additionally, if the guard were larger, I could get a much better position with my foot upon it. With my US 10.5 shoe size, the guard sits almost under my midfoot with the ball of my foot on the peg.

As for adjustability, my pair cannot actually make use of all the hole positions because the shift rod dimensions or brake lever travel is adversely affected by certain fore/aft and height positions. Maybe the 1290 config works differently

Note on the knurling of the pegs. They are SHARP. Definitely not-slipping off those except for maybe a hard tank slapper or highside, but they will chew up your boot soles quickly.

The 1290 design is completely different from the 990... We also have aluminium heal guards for our rearsets. So if you don't want carbon we have a replacement.

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:42 pm

PBRnr wrote:Not knocking the Attack product line here, in fact have nothing but praise for excellent customer service and overall build quality. Just putting in 2c.

We always appreciate feedback from our customers.

Scuba1290r
Minimoto racer

Postby Scuba1290r » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:04 pm

MaDukes wrote:
We always appreciate feedback from our customers.

I love my Attack rear sets, my only problem was I wish it came with a new 6 MM shift rod. It was a bitch to adapt the 8 mm to a 6 mm to adapt a Dyno jet quick shifter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:02 pm

Rottweiler sells a shift rod for the SDR for when installing a shift sensor-FYI.

I will let the boss know.

Thanks for the feedback!

PBRnr
Stunt rider

Postby PBRnr » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:48 pm

MaDukes wrote:

The 1290 design is completely different from the 990... We also have aluminium heal guards for our rearsets. So if you don't want carbon we have a replacement.

Interesting! Will check it out
Always stay a student of something

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:57 pm

Just shoot an email to sales@attackperformance.com if you are interested in the aluminium heal guards.

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:09 pm

bump

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:24 pm

We are producing another run of the 1290 rearsets!

We should have another 60 kits available within the next month. Currently we have only a few kits available. If you don't have a set for your 1290R shoot us an email at tuning@attackperformance.com

MaDukes
Minimoto racer

Postby MaDukes » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:38 pm

Bump!

PreviousNext

Return to Parts and accessories for sale