[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
superduke forum • View topic - 1290 SDR GRAB RAIL AND GIVI TOPBOX MOUNT

1290 SDR GRAB RAIL AND GIVI TOPBOX MOUNT

Use this forum to list parts and accessories you are selling.

Include details of the part (part # if you know it), what bike it fits, age, condition, location and asking price.

Don't forget to add at least one picture
Dumptruck

1290 SDR GRAB RAIL AND GIVI TOPBOX MOUNT

Postby Dumptruck » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:46 pm

You may recall that back in 2014 (my username back then was Mannyroad but couldn't re-access the site for re-registered) I designed and made a number of grab rails for the SD 990 (2005-2012). A few of you guys on this forum bought them, and others sold as far away as Australia. Well, I've finished my latest project, which was to design a grab rail and a topbox mount for the 1290 SuperdukeR (2017 -19). It was kickstarted by a request from a friend who has a 2019 model. He rides with his wife as pillion on occasion and tours solo around Europe on it, so needed a grab rail and a mounting kit for his Givi topbox. The topbox mount accommodates various Givi Monokey and Monolock plates that have the same fixing points as the GIVI M5 plate, as well as the Givi bag holder. He doesn't tour two up so wanted the topbox to sit over the seat hump to keep the weight over the rear axle for better handling loaded up. Take a look at the pics below

The grab rail and topbox mounts have various Delrin spacers and steel tophat bushes to fit the bike's frame mounting points, with no mods to the bike being required. The topbox mount accommodates the KTM pillion seat hump/cover and allows for its removal while in place.

They will both fit the 2017 - 2019 models and retain the small rear subframe panels either side of the tail light. They also fit the 2014 -16 model (the pics are of my 2016 model) but the side panels would need to be removed, though you could always fit the 2017-19 small panels that abut the tail light I guess.

After a disproportionate amount of time and effort I've finally completed ten sets off each, powder coated in satin black. Two topbox mounts have sold now and one grab rail.

The grab rail kit will be £105 and the topbox mount kit will be £60 plus postage (£8 UK mainland). Please note, the topbox mount kits do not include the GIVI M5 topbox plate shown in the photos. If anyone's interested in the grab rail or topbox mount, feel free to PM me.

Return to Parts and accessories for sale