Superduke 990 Dynojet quick shifter

Advertise here for any items you want to buy....bikes, parts, etc.

Be sure to include your location, size (if applicable) and any other relevant info.
Reaper
Two wheeled terror

Superduke 990 Dynojet quick shifter

Postby Reaper » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Anyone got one going?

The Gin Reaper

Location: inspecting the tarmac at most racetrack hairpins.....Naarfolk ingerland

Re: Superduke 990 Dynojet quick shifter

Postby The Gin Reaper » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:34 pm

just my opinion but....... I have one and i wouldn't bother, if there is an alternative that will plug into the pc3/pc5 which includes an adjustment for sensitivity then get that. Currently we (wife rides it at the mo) have a dynojet QS on the sd990 and without a way of adjusting its sensitivity it makes the QS very sensitive to activating before you want to change gear - this causes the unit to time out a lot on track - or worse - you touch the gearshift and it times out before adequately selecting the next gear and you get a box full off neutrals.

...... my wife had a lie down at Cadwell last time out due to this :|

......just saying but i would look for an alternative that will provide a fuel kill shift facility with sensitivity adjustment.
Favourite quote - "after watching him take everything so in his bloody stride, it made Jim Lovell look like a panicky little bitch!"

never argue with an idiot..... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:46 pm

The Gin Reaper wrote:just my opinion but....... I have one and i wouldn't bother, if there is an alternative that will plug into the pc3/pc5 which includes an adjustment for sensitivity then get that. Currently we (wife rides it at the mo) have a dynojet QS on the sd990 and without a way of adjusting its sensitivity it makes the QS very sensitive to activating before you want to change gear - this causes the unit to time out a lot on track - or worse - you touch the gearshift and it times out before adequately selecting the next gear and you get a box full off neutrals.

......just saying but i would look for an alternative that will provide a fuel kill shift facility with sensitivity adjustment.

This is what I'm currently after. I already have the PCV and AutoTune but they sell a QS pressure sensor that plugs right into the PCV and you attach to the shift linkage in a push or pull fashion, then you can set the pressure and a minimum RPM for it to work at.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

The Gin Reaper

Location: inspecting the tarmac at most racetrack hairpins.....Naarfolk ingerland

Postby The Gin Reaper » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:54 am

Aphex wrote:
The Gin Reaper wrote:just my opinion but....... I have one and i wouldn't bother, if there is an alternative that will plug into the pc3/pc5 which includes an adjustment for sensitivity then get that. Currently we (wife rides it at the mo) have a dynojet QS on the sd990 and without a way of adjusting its sensitivity it makes the QS very sensitive to activating before you want to change gear - this causes the unit to time out a lot on track - or worse - you touch the gearshift and it times out before adequately selecting the next gear and you get a box full off neutrals.

This is what I'm currently after. I already have the PCV and AutoTune but they sell a QS pressure sensor that plugs right into the PCV and you attach to the shift linkage in a push or pull fashion, then you can set the pressure and a minimum RPM for it to work at.

As far as I can see in the software for the PC3 dynojet QS there is no sensitivity adjustment only kill time :(
Favourite quote - "after watching him take everything so in his bloody stride, it made Jim Lovell look like a panicky little bitch!"

never argue with an idiot..... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:14 pm

The Gin Reaper wrote:As far as I can see in the software for the PC3 dynojet QS there is no sensitivity adjustment only kill time :(

Ahhh you are correct sir, damn. Guessing this is why everyone loves the HM QS?

08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

Reaper
Two wheeled terror

Postby Reaper » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:20 pm

The Gin Reaper wrote:
Aphex wrote:

As far as I can see in the software for the PC3 dynojet QS there is no sensitivity adjustment only kill time :(

You are correct that there isn't for the PC3 although I think you can get some software in order to enable it but the PCV you can adjust what RPM it works at.

Im still on the hunt for one, suppose I should mention its to go into my PCV.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:08 pm

Just got off the phone with Dynojet they said their QS sensors require 30lbs of pressure before they activate.

Me so Hoony.

Silverbear
Two wheeled terror

Postby Silverbear » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:56 pm

I just run the PC3 to my dimmer switch which is in an ideal position.Must have QS software so can enable QS.With a little pressure on the gear shift pedal,up or down,I flick the switch which activates the desired kill time on the PC3 and works way better than the clumsy sensor setup on the pedal which will let you down at track time.Cheers

The Gin Reaper

Postby The Gin Reaper » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:43 pm

Aphex wrote:Just got off the phone with Dynojet they said their QS sensors require 30lbs of pressure before they activate.

.....yeah...... :lol: :lol: ....... the newness must have worn off ours! - its more like a hair trigger!

CEREC1
Trackday hero

Postby CEREC1 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Just buy the HM QS
Faultless on my SDR
It was Stalkers cast off. Mind you Colonel Clinck did fit and set it up on my bike 8)
2007 SDR Full Akra Evo
2017 SDR 1290. Black
1997 RGV 250(sweet)

Return to Wanted