Other KTM

Got/want another KTM? Post you questions and experiences here.
Duke4Dirk
Stunt rider

Other KTM

Postby Duke4Dirk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Took my "other KTM" out for a few days to clear the head. No phone, no 'puter, no nagging employees... just me and the great outdoors. Camping, fishing, drinking and unwinding.... :D

20 miles from home... could be a million.

Da fire is soathing... Primordial.. a... er...caveman-like...

... and dirt bikin'

Other KTM...yes!
The 7.62×39mm cartridge produces significant wounding if the bullet tumbles in tissue, but produces relatively minor wounds in cases where the bullet exits before beginning to yaw or does not yaw.

shadowman
Wheelie king

Re: Other KTM

Postby shadowman » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm going to have me some of that pie one day soon :)
Recovering superbike addict

KTM666
Trackday hero

Postby KTM666 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:36 pm

I was ok untill you said .....20 miles from home :(

Then I realised ........20 miles from me is Exmoor, Dartmoor is only 55 miles.....need look at my own grass....its pretty green

Amazing pictures by the way
I saw the light...............and it was .....................Orange

Duke4Dirk
Stunt rider

Postby Duke4Dirk » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:03 am

KTM666 wrote:I was ok untill you said .....20 miles from home :(

Then I realised ........20 miles from me is Exmoor, Dartmoor is only 55 miles.....need look at my own grass....its pretty green

I've been to Exmoor. Beautiful place. I remember this creek covered with brush and mossy rocks, it was so cool. I'd love to see the Salmon run.
The 7.62×39mm cartridge produces significant wounding if the bullet tumbles in tissue, but produces relatively minor wounds in cases where the bullet exits before beginning to yaw or does not yaw.

jambox
Trackday hero

Postby jambox » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:19 am

KTM666 wrote:I was ok untill you said .....20 miles from home :(

Just to add insult, within 20 miles from I could be looking at similar views, or skiing in the Cairngorms, or on a beautiful beach (would have to pick which one I'd go to first), or carving it up in the Highlands.......

Just saying :mrgreen:

Nice pics. :D
05/06 SD, too raw for the journos!

JohnJJr
Wheelie king

Postby JohnJJr » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Damn i could use some of that - my sister lives in Auburn , only 1hr from Truckee ... 4 hours for me though which is still no problem ... dig my bamboo fly rods and hand tied flies out .

someone gave me a good MIG Welder the other day - i just need to weld up some luggage racks for the bike .

Duke4Dirk
Stunt rider

Postby Duke4Dirk » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:31 am

JohnJJr wrote:Damn i could use some of that - my sister lives in Auburn , only 1hr from Truckee ... 4 hours for me though which is still no problem ... dig my bamboo fly rods and hand tied flies out .

someone gave me a good MIG Welder the other day - i just need to weld up some luggage racks for the bike .

What kinda bike have you got? I would enjoy being a "tour guide" if you can make it in this direction... and hang. I can do anything from 300 mile road days on a Superduke, to 200 mile dualsport days, to 60 mile single track rides through pristine forest's that few have ridden... some right out of Auburn.

JohnJJr
Wheelie king

Postby JohnJJr » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:46 am

Duke4Dirk wrote:
JohnJJr wrote:Damn i could use some of that - my sister lives in Auburn , only 1hr from Truckee ... 4 hours for me though which is still no problem ... dig my bamboo fly rods and hand tied flies out .

What kinda bike have you got? I would enjoy being a "tour guide" if you can make it in this direction... and hang. I can do anything from 300 mile road days on a Superduke, to 200 mile dualsport days, to 60 mile single track rides through pristine forest's that few have ridden... some right out of Auburn.

well lets see here now --- ha ha. rear wheel off '07 SD at the moment waiting on chain and sprocket .. Bike that's running is my '84 Honda Ascot V-twin 500 50 whole horsepower. And i have a '73 yamaha 175 just about running all tricked out , it's an enduro ... Where's the single track at -

mikee
Two wheeled terror

Postby mikee » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:04 am

That looks a cool place to live , it's hard to find places to go off road up here
Tho I can get here on an mtb from the house ,it's just the other side of that loch

Duke4Dirk
Stunt rider

Postby Duke4Dirk » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:24 pm

[quote="mikee"]That looks a cool place to live , it's hard to find places to go off road up here
Tho I can get here on an mtb from the house ,it's just the other side of that loch

Looks good!

Here's a shot of a loch er... lake... a few miles from my home. I think this was the first snow last year... a week later this trail was un-rideable for 5 months. Had to switch to the ol snowmobile :wink:

Return to Other KTMs