Anyone own a Duke 111?

Got/want another KTM? Post you questions and experiences here.
stalker
Wheelie king

Re: Anyone own a Duke 111?

Postby stalker » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:03 pm

good news on the recovery dude 8)
The King Of Cadwell

NO LIMITS OPEN 1000CC ENDURANCE CHAMPION #6

KTM666
Trackday hero

Postby KTM666 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:20 pm

Good to here you are on the mend......

need to get the head right....need to ride a bike mate...... :wink:
I saw the light...............and it was .....................Orange

fakujak72
Two wheeled terror

Postby fakujak72 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:07 pm

Well I'm still recovering and the fact that I had a Heartattack 4 weeks ago in addition to the Stroke,put a slight spanner in the works. iI was not allowed to drive or ride for another month.

Am chuffed to see that Woody managed to get prizes with my previous SDR. At the Crashfest.

However I am even more happy that the Duke III has passed it's MOT and I was able to ride it this morning.

I took it for a ride along the coast road and by Muirfield where the British Open Golf Championship is taking place. Sure you would hear the Bark of the Akro on the TVcoverage? All the attending Police officers seemed to have had their attention grabbed anyways. :lol:

Nice to be back to being a Fanny 8) .
Past bikes. Always "The Bestest". Over the past, 40 years. Mostly KTMs over the past 19years though! 1xDuke/3xDukeII/2xSD990/1xDukeIII/SDR990./ Previously owned Duke III./And now on to my Holy Grail. Duke IIIR. and now also my New 1290 R. 8)

fakujak72
Two wheeled terror

Postby fakujak72 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Well? Being "A Fanny" Indeed.(Subjective) I am thinking now, that the 690 Duke III is more of the "Hooligan" ethic than the 990 ever could.

The trouble you can get yourself into with this bike is wayyyyy beyond what you could attempt on an SD.

The SD. Well? you may Piss Off some Superbike riders. The Duke pisses off every clint.( Cars, bikes, ambulances, Police. Am sure I F*cked off a Lifeboat the other day. :mrgreen:(Joke?)

See all those "Dangerous/Over Policed/Traffic calmed roads." That's, what this bike was built for. Every day fun, without the "Big bike hassle".

8)
Past bikes. Always "The Bestest". Over the past, 40 years. Mostly KTMs over the past 19years though! 1xDuke/3xDukeII/2xSD990/1xDukeIII/SDR990./ Previously owned Duke III./And now on to my Holy Grail. Duke IIIR. and now also my New 1290 R. 8)

Previous

Return to Other KTMs