.HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Done a good mod that people might want to copy? Post it here - full step-by-step instructions and pix.

FAQs can go in here too
motoyoyo
Minimoto racer

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby motoyoyo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:50 pm

I successfully loaded the 08-10_US_SDR_Akra_map_smoothened.hex map and went for a test ride last week. The instrument gauges went crazy after about five miles. Indicated speed all over the place and temp pegged. I paniced and returned back to home base and did a little more research. My battery read a little low at 12.7 volts so I ordered a new Shorai LFX19A4-BS12 battery. There is a good sale on them right now for $178 on ebay.

The new battery did the trick. The bike ran well and I got in a nice 80 mile test ride in. This was the first time I was able to ride the bike more than five miles. I stll need to do a little fine tuning on the fueling. The bike is a hell of a lot better than it was, after loading the new map, but it still has a bit of snatchiness off closed throttle in corners. I suppose I could get used to it, but it is not ideal and distracts from the otherwise great handling. Are there any more tips on possibly eliminating the snatchiness all together, or is a little always going to be there?
2008 990 SDR US, Full Titanium Akro, Rottweiler Airbox, SAS Blockoff

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:17 pm

motoyoyo wrote:I successfully loaded the 08-10_US_SDR_Akra_map_smoothened.hex map and went for a test ride last week. The instrument gauges went crazy after about five miles. Indicated speed all over the place and temp pegged. I paniced and returned back to home base and did a little more research. My battery read a little low at 12.7 volts so I ordered a new Shorai LFX19A4-BS12 battery. There is a good sale on them right now for $178 on ebay.

The new battery did the trick. The bike ran well and I got in a nice 80 mile test ride in. This was the first time I was able to ride the bike more than five miles. I stll need to do a little fine tuning on the fueling. The bike is a hell of a lot better than it was, after loading the new map, but it still has a bit of snatchiness off closed throttle in corners. I suppose I could get used to it, but it is not ideal and distracts from the otherwise great handling. Are there any more tips on possibly eliminating the snatchiness all together, or is a little always going to be there?

Lot's of people (myself included) removed the secondary flies and that seems to have made initial throttle opening and application much smoother.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

motoyoyo
Minimoto racer

Postby motoyoyo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:19 pm

Aphex wrote:Lot's of people (myself included) removed the secondary flies and that seems to have made initial throttle opening and application much smoother.

Thanks, I'll look into that. So, even when the modified map has the secondaries at 100% open all the time, the presense of the hardware is enough to still affect the smoothness?

I also noticed in the 08-10_US_SDR_Akra_map_smoothened.hex map it shows the SAI as enabled. I have the SAS block off plates installed. Should I uncheck the SAI in TuneECU?
2008 990 SDR US, Full Titanium Akro, Rottweiler Airbox, SAS Blockoff

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:52 pm

motoyoyo wrote:
Thanks, I'll look into that. So, even when the modified map has the secondaries at 100% open all the time, the presense of the hardware is enough to still affect the smoothness?

I ran with the flies set to 100% for a while and did notice a difference when I actually removed them, I did leave the two bars that the flies attach to though.

motoyoyo wrote:I also noticed in the 08-10_US_SDR_Akra_map_smoothened.hex map it shows the SAI as enabled. I have the SAS block off plates installed. Should I uncheck the SAI in TuneECU?

If you have removed the pump and put block off plates on it shouldn't make a difference but I would turn it off anyways. I would also uncheck EPC is that is marked, as it limits power in 2nd and 3rd.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

Reaper
Two wheeled terror

Postby Reaper » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:13 pm

I have the 2012 SDR 990 so not an SD but also not the SDR.

Should I be using the SDR Akra map? The bike does already have an Akra map installed as it has the full system fitted but i want to use the smoothened map in the ECU and then install a map to suit my bike into the PCV

That brings me on to the next point. Can the PCIII maps be used for the PCV or does anyone have any PCV maps to add to the list on this page?

Bike specs:

UK
2012 990 SDR
Full titanium Akra system
SAS removed
O2 eliminators
Flys + shafts removed
Snorkel removed
Sommers door
DNA airfilter
Airbox modded - cut section out of lid and fitted a filter.

Im thinking this for the ECU - 08-10 EU SDR Akra Smoothened
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/866 ... thened.hex

And one of the following for the PCV -

08SDR_UK_MHBox+Flies_AkraSlip_NoDB_AkraECU.djm (Courtesy of Shadethechangingman)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/866 ... kraECU.djm

09SD_uk_AkraEvo-DNA_Akrabase.djm
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/866 ... vo-DNA.djm

Reaper
Two wheeled terror

Postby Reaper » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:00 pm

If anyone has a 2012 Superduke 990 SDR, the latest model with dual seat, then you'll find your ECU is the same maps as the standard 07 SD.

I tried loading the 08-10 SDR map and it rodded me off so i went on a man hunt and found that my current map is the 07 SD with full evo system fitted.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:42 pm

Reaper wrote:If anyone has a 2012 Superduke 990 SDR, the latest model with dual seat, then you'll find your ECU is the same maps as the standard 07 SD.

I tried loading the 08-10 SDR map and it rodded me off so i went on a man hunt and found that my current map is the 07 SD with full evo system fitted.

Yup, unfortunately any R model after 08 is no a "full fat" (bigger throttle bodies, larger diameter header, different cams ect) SDR is and just a standard SD with R stickers and a dual seat.

Me so Hoony.

grbi128

Postby grbi128 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:55 pm

i need help with choosing the right map, ....

bike is 06, EU
rottweiler intake
akrapovic round without baffles
sas removed
all other is stock
? thank you

edit: hex map for tune ecu

Pr3johnson
Minimoto racer

Postby Pr3johnson » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:36 pm

Hoping someone can help me out.

I have a 2007 990 US with the following mods:
Full akra exhaust
Rottweiler intake
Sas removed
And i purchased a tune ecu.
I have searched for this set up in the thread but no luck, can anyone recommend a map for me? Is the akrapovic map suitable?

Thanks in advance!

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:16 pm

Pr3johnson wrote:Hoping someone can help me out.

Full akra exhaust
Rottweiler intake
Sas removed
I have searched for this set up in the thread but no luck, can anyone recommend a map for me? Is the akrapovic map suitable?

Thanks in advance!

The akra map is a good start, it runs quite rich so there is no chance of damaging anything, I would run the "07+ US SD Akra Smoothened" and see how you like it.

I have a similar set up to you except I'm running mivvs with a rotty and use "07-08 US SD speedmotorrad's map
" with great success.

Me so Hoony.

Pr3johnson
Minimoto racer

Postby Pr3johnson » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:54 am

Aphex wrote:
Pr3johnson wrote:Hoping someone can help me out.

Full akra exhaust
Rottweiler intake
Sas removed

Thanks in advance!

The akra map is a good start, it runs quite rich so there is no chance of damaging anything, I would run the "07+ US SD Akra Smoothened" and see how you like it.

I have a similar set up to you except I'm running mivvs with a rotty and use "07-08 US SD speedmotorrad's map
" with great success.

Awesome. Thank you so much for the response.

SPEIRMOOR
Two wheeled terror

Postby SPEIRMOOR » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:11 pm

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the maps from the first page?

drunkenmunkey
Minimoto racer

Postby drunkenmunkey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:14 am

Yep, no maps working for me either :(
2008 SDR 990

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:10 pm

I'm talking with Klinck and will get some fresh links for the maps.

Me so Hoony.

speedfiend41
Two wheeled terror

Postby speedfiend41 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:31 am

Aphex wrote:I'm talking with Klinck and will get some fresh links for the maps.

Hey bud - any news on getting the links on the front page to work? They aren't opening for me...
Superduke 990R single seater, MIVV's, tail tidy, LSL bars
MV Agusta 2011 F4, dripping with carbon, titanium Bodis exhaust, sounds like Armageddon

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:19 pm

speedfiend41 wrote:

Hey bud - any news on getting the links on the front page to work? They aren't opening for me...

Yeah here is a link to a shared google drive folder with two zip folders. One contains all the PC3 maps and one contains all the Tune ECU maps.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_9GK79LtRcDQ0h6VDlUMjI0X1U?usp=sharing

Me so Hoony.

speedfiend41
Two wheeled terror

Postby speedfiend41 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:52 am

Aphex wrote:
speedfiend41 wrote:

Yeah here is a link to a shared google drive folder with two zip folders. One contains all the PC3 maps and one contains all the Tune ECU maps.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_9GK79LtRcDQ0h6VDlUMjI0X1U?usp=sharing

Thanks mate! About to enlist my computer literate son to load one for me.
MV Agusta 2011 F4, dripping with carbon, titanium Bodis exhaust, sounds like Armageddon

Jointti
Minimoto racer

Postby Jointti » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:21 pm

I just ordered motohooligan airbox -set with SAS blockoff and butterflies. I will try different maps before i can go to dyno.

I have another stock exhaust where i will remove cat and clean it a bit from inside. Anyone else having same mods? What was the best map? (i know, after the dyno it is best).

I read whole topic but didn`t notice anyone with same mods.

Bike is 2012 SD UK/FR.

Cheers,
Jointti

sstone
Minimoto racer

Postby sstone » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:49 pm

Evening gents,

I've torn apart the threads decently well and can't seem to find quite what I'm looking for.

2009 SDR USA
Full Akra system (headers included)
Blockoff plates/02 eliminators
SAS Removed
rottweiler system
Secondary Flies still fitted

Akra map currently loaded on ECU. Fuel light goes on around 110 miles with our crappy California gas. Anyone have better suggestions?

Thanks from a long-time lurker and new member!

sstone
Minimoto racer

Postby sstone » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:06 pm

Just noticed my fat thumbs typed 2009 instead of 2008. It's a 2008 SDR ^

SvR

Postby SvR » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:53 am

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know my setup and choice of mapping.

KTM Superduke R 2009
- Full Akra system (headers included), no bafflers (maybe I'll put 'em in someday)
- Rottweiler Performance Air Intake
- SAS Removed
- Mapping: 08-10_EU_SDR_Akra_map_Smoothened

Really love this mapping! :lol: Had the normal Akrapovic mapping before, although it was already a smooth ride, there were some minor issues (holding back at 3-4k RPM). So I was looking for a better map and found it with the Smooth Akra mapping. 3-4k RPM is going very smoothly again. The engine also barks a bit more, I think due to the fact that the secondary flies stay open. The engine also rumbles a little bit again at low RPM, something I missed after removing the SAS.

Thanks James!!!

speedfiend41
Two wheeled terror

Postby speedfiend41 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:48 am

SvR wrote:Hi guys, just wanted to let you know my setup and choice of mapping.

KTM Superduke R 2009
- Full Akra system (headers included), no bafflers (maybe I'll put 'em in someday)
- Rottweiler Performance Air Intake
- SAS Removed
- Mapping: 08-10_EU_SDR_Akra_map_Smoothened

Really love this mapping! :lol: Had the normal Akrapovic mapping before, although it was already a smooth ride, there were some minor issues (holding back at 3-4k RPM). So I was looking for a better map and found it with the Smooth Akra mapping. 3-4k RPM is going very smoothly again. The engine also barks a bit more, I think due to the fact that the secondary flies stay open. The engine also rumbles a little bit again at low RPM, something I missed after removing the SAS.

Thanks James!!!

My bike is set up exactly the same as yours except I still have the SAS fitted (I like the backfires :)).

Have you had it dynoed at all? Tried Jockes map just for something different? I'm going to try that one next I think. As in my other post, I dynoed mine on the map you have and it came up very lean, though I now think that was due to the SAS still being connected...

Previous

Return to How to do it!