.HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Done a good mod that people might want to copy? Post it here - full step-by-step instructions and pix.

FAQs can go in here too
alank
Minimoto racer

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby alank » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:28 pm

Hi, Started playing again with my 08 SD with Leo Vinces.
Been running the Guys Map "probably best for non std exhaust ...." and runs fine but quite jerky trying to hold a line in tight corners and coming back from better fueled bikes notice it more.
Put the standard smoothed on (again) and prefered the feel but the fan comes on while opening garage doors after a run so worried it might running hot - too lean - fan doesn't come on with richer maps.
Looking more at Guys map and the description is 2nd flies removed (which I haven't).
Wondered if combining the 2nd fly setting from the std smoothed with guys might be the answer, or some were between.
I'm not interested in max power just smooth rollon & off, a bit of engine braking ok but think the std too much. Don'twant to spend too much money/time on what is an old bike now !

FYI can't mod too much as in Spain need std parts back on for ITV (MOT) test on noise & emissions.

Thanks Alan.

Bobsp
Minimoto racer

Postby Bobsp » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:49 pm

Hi,

I have recently got a 2009 Superduke.

I am looking to upload a new map with Tune Ecu.

I have:
Full Akro.
Flies removed, shafts still in for now.
SAS removed.
Rottweiler air box.

I presume Klinks map would be best for now, or would GuysCustom be better, I am in the UK

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:54 pm

alank wrote:Hi, Started playing again with my 08 SD with Leo Vinces.
Been running the Guys Map "probably best for non std exhaust ...." and runs fine but quite jerky trying to hold a line in tight corners and coming back from better fueled bikes notice it more.
Put the standard smoothed on (again) and prefered the feel but the fan comes on while opening garage doors after a run so worried it might running hot - too lean - fan doesn't come on with richer maps.
Looking more at Guys map and the description is 2nd flies removed (which I haven't).
Wondered if combining the 2nd fly setting from the std smoothed with guys might be the answer, or some were between.
I'm not interested in max power just smooth rollon & off, a bit of engine braking ok but think the std too much. Don'twant to spend too much money/time on what is an old bike now !

FYI can't mod too much as in Spain need std parts back on for ITV (MOT) test on noise & emissions.

Thanks Alan.

No 08 SD ever ran lean! The original map is actually richer than guy's map!
I forgot in guy's map you downloaded if the 2nd flies box is ticked, check in tuneecu if it is. If the flies are still in and the box is unticked it's not going to run very well.
A few people recently used this map and I can say I had nothing but positive feedback from it. My 08 might not have had the highest numbers on the dyno but it was smooth as silk!
Your problem might be the original airbox, if you still have that in place you are fighting a lost battle my friend!
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Bobsp wrote:Hi,

I have recently got a 2009 Superduke.

I am looking to upload a new map with Tune Ecu.

I have:
Full Akro.
Flies removed, shafts still in for now.
SAS removed.
Rottweiler air box.

I presume Klinks map would be best for now, or would GuysCustom be better, I am in the UK

If I remember correctly Klinks map is for an 05-06 model and totally not suitable for the later models!!
Try guyshotign98smooth map, any issues let me know. PM me an email address and I can mail it to you too.
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

Bobsp
Minimoto racer

Postby Bobsp » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:56 pm

I used
08 akra map with klinks pc111 map.hex (so Akra slip, Motobox, Hooligan SBV)

It runs well. I will also PM you for guyshotign98smooth map though.

Thanks

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:22 am

Bobsp wrote:I used

It runs well. I will also PM you for guyshotign98smooth map though.

Thanks

Mailed it to you!

fitz the viking
Minimoto racer

Postby fitz the viking » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:47 pm

i have an 06 with akra slip ons on, nothing other mods, i am looking at using one of the 2 from the tune ecu website, unless someone here says otherwise. probably the map ending in 03 as it as default has the 02 sensors ticked, but the number values in the table seem to be quite a lot higher than the map ending in 02. i have read the akra map is quite rich but rich to me isnt a bad thing, better than lean. if i wanted fuel economy i would buy a 125 and do 250 miles to a tank!

just out of curiosity has there been anyone who has done serious damage to their bike by using one of these maps? if they have uploaded the wrong one or messed around with it then it doesnt count. i have had a look and thankfully couldnt see anything, just a lot of people saying that it can mess your bike up. not limiting it to my year of bike, its just interesting to hear if someone has detonated their bike. see if there are any lessons to be learnt.

DanFar79
Minimoto racer

Postby DanFar79 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:10 pm

I there. I've fmf slip on exhaust on my sd 09. What do you think it would be the better map for me? Oem air filter and all the rest. Thank you

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:36 pm

DanFar79 wrote:I there. I've fmf slip on exhaust on my sd 09. What do you think it would be the better map for me? Oem air filter and all the rest. Thank you

Depends on your location.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

DanFar79
Minimoto racer

Postby DanFar79 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:43 pm

Aphex wrote:
DanFar79 wrote:I there. I've fmf slip on exhaust on my sd 09. What do you think it would be the better map for me? Oem air filter and all the rest. Thank you

Depends on your location.

Sorry. Portugal Europe

DanFar79
Minimoto racer

Postby DanFar79 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:51 pm

Anyone???

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:24 am

DanFar79 wrote:Anyone???

Considering your only mod is a FMF pipe, I would say this map:

07+ EU SD Akra Smoothened
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86688880/TuneECU%20maps/07-08_EU_SD_Akra_Map_Smoothened.hex

Please, make mods at your own risk and SAVE the previous map in case the new map does not work for you.

Best of luck,

PS: Members with more tuning experience than myself (That means anyone in the planet) PLEASE feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:42 am

Also don't forget to do the 15 minute reset.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:49 pm

Try guys map. The map you have and the smoothed one will run too rich.

DanFar79
Minimoto racer

Postby DanFar79 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:39 am

Ok thank you for the help guys.
I´ll try and then leave feedback.

the next step is to change air filter, and the see how it works.

Nukem
Two wheeled terror

Postby Nukem » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:00 am

Hi guys, I have a motobox ready to go into my bike and will take the SAS off at the same time. After reading 400 or so threads about the secondary butterflies I've decided I'll leave them in and just set them to 100% open.

My bike is an 05 (EU) with Akra slip-ons and baffles removed. O2 turned off via tuneECU.

Unfortunately there is no dyno tuner in my city and the nearest one is hundreds of kilometres away. I figured with the fairly common mods I'd be able to find a suitable map, but it could be months before I'm able to get a custom tune. All of the maps here that are close seem to be for the full Akrapovic system though.

Would the custom maps for the full akras be too different to use with slip-ons? I was thinking of 05_06 Klinck_Moto_Akra_map but there aren't a lot of details about it.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Nukem wrote:Hi guys, I have a motobox ready to go into my bike and will take the SAS off at the same time. After reading 400 or so threads about the secondary butterflies I've decided I'll leave them in and just set them to 100% open.

My bike is an 05 (EU) with Akra slip-ons and baffles removed. O2 turned off via tuneECU.

Unfortunately there is no dyno tuner in my city and the nearest one is hundreds of kilometres away. I figured with the fairly common mods I'd be able to find a suitable map, but it could be months before I'm able to get a custom tune. All of the maps here that are close seem to be for the full Akrapovic system though.

Would the custom maps for the full akras be too different to use with slip-ons? I was thinking of 05_06 Klinck_Moto_Akra_map but there aren't a lot of details about it.

I would think you could use:
06 UK SD, Akra map, Motobox, Akra slip-ons, O2 Eliminators, NOT individual cylinders.
or
05SD_uk_akra_no_dbkillers.djm
or
06SD Klinck_FullAkra_Moto_NoFlys_NoDBs

Me so Hoony.

Nukem
Two wheeled terror

Postby Nukem » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:27 pm

Aphex wrote:I would think you could use:
06 UK SD, Akra map, Motobox, Akra slip-ons, O2 Eliminators, NOT individual cylinders.
or
05SD_uk_akra_no_dbkillers.djm
or
06SD Klinck_FullAkra_Moto_NoFlys_NoDBs

Cheers for taking a look, but they are all PCIII maps and I don't have a PC, just using TuneECU. Perhaps I am underestimating the power of TuneECU - can it load PC3 maps without PC? Hmmmm - back to the instructional pages...

EDIT: Oh, yes you can. Must have glazed over that in the 30 odd pages of comments.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12511&p=201386#p201386
Last edited by Nukem on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:30 pm

TuneECU can convert a PC map for you.

First open the base map of the bike. Then, you just import PCIII map. It will be imported in Ftrim table.
Save this map with another name, and click on download to transfer this map to the bike.

Me so Hoony.

Nukem
Two wheeled terror

Postby Nukem » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:33 pm

Awesome - cheers!
Is there any way to tell if they are an 'advanced' PC3 map?

dannyf
Minimoto racer

Postby dannyf » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:24 pm

im a bit confused by this ecutune stuff :)

im planning on buying the motohooligan or rottwieler airbox so i need to remap it.
anyone know what map i should use?

i got a 2007 superduke
secondary flies removed
SAS removed
akrapovic slipons bd-killers out
motohooligan/rottwieler airbox

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:34 pm

dannyf wrote:im a bit confused by this ecutune stuff :)

im planning on buying the motohooligan or rottwieler airbox so i need to remap it.

i got a 2007 superduke
secondary flies removed
SAS removed

Gotta put your location in your profile if you want help.

Me so Hoony.

dannyf
Minimoto racer

Postby dannyf » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:01 pm

done! :)

D1rkola
Minimoto racer

Postby D1rkola » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:25 am

Hi Guys,

Got a Motohooligan box on the way and don't have enough spare cash at the moment for a dyno after fitting it. Anyone have a tune for below that i can use in the meantime? Safe with some gains is good :) :)

08 SD
Motohooligan box with the SAS removal, butterflies and resistor.
Akra round slip ons
In Australia (SE Qld)

Also the Tuneecu threads how to is down, anyone have another link?

All help greatly appreciated, I'm so keen to see how much of a difference this makes to the bike :)

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:18 pm

dannyf wrote:im a bit confused by this ecutune stuff :)

i got a 2007 superduke
secondary flies removed
SAS removed

This should work, however I would see if you can get an answer from some one who has ran these maps. Since I'm from the US.

Safest bet:
07+ EU SD Akra Smoothened
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86688880/TuneECU%20maps/07-08_EU_SD_Akra_Map_Smoothened.hex

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86688880/TuneECU%20maps/08_akra_map_with_klinks_pc111_map.hex

08 SDGuysCustom possibly the best map for aftermarket pipes .hex
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86688880/TuneECU%20maps/08_SDGuysCustom_possibly_the_best_map_for_aftermarket_pipes_.hex

Me so Hoony.

PreviousNext

Return to How to do it!