.HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Done a good mod that people might want to copy? Post it here - full step-by-step instructions and pix.

FAQs can go in here too
D1rkola
Minimoto racer

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby D1rkola » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:54 pm

Aphex wrote:This should work, however I would see if you can get an answer from some one who has ran these maps. Since I'm from the US.

Safest bet:
07+ EU SD Akra Smoothened
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86688880/TuneECU%20maps/07-08_EU_SD_Akra_Map_Smoothened.hex

08 akra map with klinks pc111 map.hex (so Akra slip, Motobox, Hooligan SBV)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86688880/TuneECU%20maps/08_akra_map_with_klinks_pc111_map.hex

08 SDGuysCustom possibly the best map for aftermarket pipes .hex
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86688880/TuneECU%20maps/08_SDGuysCustom_possibly_the_best_map_for_aftermarket_pipes_.hex

Should the 08 Akra map with klinks PC111 map.hex work for mine as well?

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:26 am

Depends on your location. I believe AUS and EU maps are interchangeable, but I'd wait until some one who lives there can confirm.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

D1rkola
Minimoto racer

Postby D1rkola » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:37 am

Awesome, thanks mate.

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:55 am

D1rkola wrote:Awesome, thanks mate.

Au and eu maps are the same.
Make sure you use SD maps, not SDR, that's different.
Try guy's map(mine). Plenty of good results with that one. I can adjust it a bit to your needs.
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

D1rkola
Minimoto racer

Postby D1rkola » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:58 am

ktmguy wrote:
D1rkola wrote:Awesome, thanks mate.

Au and eu maps are the same.
Make sure you use SD maps, not SDR, that's different.
Try guy's map(mine). Plenty of good results with that one. I can adjust it a bit to your needs.

Awesome, thanks mate! That would be great!!

Still waiting on the MH box but hopefully it should be here soon :)

dannyf
Minimoto racer

Postby dannyf » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:26 am

thx for the help!
but if i use the smoothened map, wich are made for akra pipes and not include the airbox isnt there a chance that it will run lean? i mean the airbox will let the engine suck in more air compare to stock.
and that map doesnt say if its with or without the DB-killers.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:24 pm

dannyf wrote:thx for the help!
but if i use the smoothened map, wich are made for akra pipes and not include the airbox isnt there a chance that it will run lean? i mean the airbox will let the engine suck in more air compare to stock.
and that map doesnt say if its with or without the DB-killers.

The Akra map runs very rich. So much so that you'll more than likely smell like fuel/exhaust even more than normal when you're running this map. You can run a map with or without DB killers and it shouldn't make much of a difference.

I ran the US version of the Akra smoothened map for a while on my bike with secondary flies removed, rotty box, and mivvs and it was still quite rich.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

dannyf
Minimoto racer

Postby dannyf » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:16 am

okey thx :)

penumbra59
Minimoto racer

Postby penumbra59 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:42 pm

Hi all

I bought myself a superduke 990 R 2013 model ( so basically a standard duke with a orange frame :)

Now that the new season starts here I decided to pamper my little beast with some extra's: Sas removal kit and Mivv exhausts.

I have a friend with tuneecu software and so I want to flash a new mapping for these setup so that my engine will not run to lean or rich.

Can some one give me a good tip on what mapping to use? I browsed this forum and tuneecu site but there are so many mappings taht I dont know wich to use.

The data :

Ktm superduke 990 R model 2013
Mivv suono exhaust (probably with db killer in mos of the time)
SAS removal kit
Will delete the secondary flies
standard airbox

I live in Belgium so around sea level

I hope someone can help me choosing the correct mapping so I wont have engine dammage of malfunction.

Thanks in advance

D1rkola
Minimoto racer

Postby D1rkola » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:19 am

penumbra59 wrote:Hi all

I bought myself a superduke 990 R 2013 model ( so basically a standard duke with a orange frame :)

Now that the new season starts here I decided to pamper my little beast with some extra's: Sas removal kit and Mivv exhausts.

I have a friend with tuneecu software and so I want to flash a new mapping for these setup so that my engine will not run to lean or rich.

Can some one give me a good tip on what mapping to use? I browsed this forum and tuneecu site but there are so many mappings taht I dont know wich to use.

The data :

SAS removal kit
standard airbox

I hope someone can help me choosing the correct mapping so I wont have engine dammage of malfunction.

Thanks in advance

Just a forewarning. If its not being tuned for your bike specifically you'll want it rich. Can't be perfect without a dyno really, each bike has their own quirks (especially once used and modded). Rich = safe

Edorta
Two wheeled terror

Postby Edorta » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:55 am

penumbra59 wrote:Hi all

The data :

SAS removal kit
standard airbox

Thanks in advance

Hi penumbra.

Your SDR is not a standar SD with orange frame so do not load mappings for this engine.

You have got the same engine of the 2010 SDR with less horsepower (125 cv maybe?) and more torque.

I'm not sure if the maps for the 132cv SDR runs well in your bike.
Ride it like you stole it!!!

penumbra59
Minimoto racer

Postby penumbra59 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:33 pm

Ok thanks al ready for the replies. What mapping do you guys suggest ? It may be a bit rich . I 'd rather have that than an engine seizure.

So you suggest I take the mapping of a SRD rather than a normal SD ?

penumbra59
Minimoto racer

Postby penumbra59 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:14 pm

No one? I'm going to the friend for the mapping tomorrow so I need to download one tonight. Please help :p

penumbra59
Minimoto racer

Postby penumbra59 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:44 pm

I see a lot of posts about "the akra map" a bit too rich but I think that would be my safest way to go.

Can anyone send me a copy of a link to that map so i can download it?

thanks in advance

Kevin

dannyf
Minimoto racer

Postby dannyf » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:21 pm

previous owner of my bike said he downloaded "08 SD james' map for grim and motobox modified from rallsy's info.hex" map and installed it on the bike.
u guys think its okey to continue with that map after rottweiler airbox installation or should i change to 07+ EU SD Akra Smoothened ?

i got a 2007 superduke
secondary flies removed
SAS removed
akrapovic slipons bd-killers out
and im just about to order a rottweiler airbox.

Jaxsvt
Minimoto racer

Postby Jaxsvt » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:49 pm

Hey guys!

OK...recommendations please...

I've tried a couple maps and they both seem about the same but wanted to get a collective view from you guys.

07 SD with ITG Intake(looks similar to Rottweiler), Leo Vince Slip ons, SAS removed, PC3. We run premium fuel(91 or 93octane) with 10% ethanol and travel at varying altitudes from sea level to 5,000 ft above.

Which maps? Can a hex map be brought into PC3? Should I get the cables to be able to turn things like o2 sensors off?

Thanks guys!

Jack

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:58 pm

Update your location in your profile settings. You'll get more accurate answers.

If you're in the US I can send you my map, running a rotty intake, mivvs, sas block off plates. I live at 3,200ft above sea level and ride as high as 5,340ft above sea level without issues.

I noticed more mid range with the baffles in, as well. The guy who had the map made said he was making 121hp and 75.5 torque.

Edit: I've updated the list with the map so anyone can download it. It is listed as 07-08 US SD speedmotorrad's map

Me so Hoony.

Jaxsvt
Minimoto racer

Postby Jaxsvt » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:42 pm

Will try it today! Thank you!

dread
Two wheeled terror

Postby dread » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:22 pm

Trying to find a custom map for an 05 SD, sick of running over rich and stinking of fuel to the point that I don't use it very often. :(

Will anyone please share a genuine custom map for the 05;

HP Corse mufflers with Db killers
ITG foam filter
Secondary flies removed

If I could afford to I would buy a tune but times are tight at pres. Many thanks.

motoyoyo
Minimoto racer

Postby motoyoyo » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:24 pm

I recently picked up a nice 2008 990 SDR US spec with less than 3k miles
Full Akra Titanium exhaust
Rottweiler Airbox
SAS Blockoff

There may be other mods I am not aware of yet, but these are the main ones I have seen so far.
It also has a PCV installed, but on further examination, the three wire coil packs are not connected to the PCV due to incompatible plugs. Probably not doing much for tuning. I have not checked the PCV for maps, but the bike runs horribly as if it still has the stock map, or worse. Terrible snatchiness and surging at all rpms. Probably very lean among other things. Otherwise, the engine runs nice and smooth at idle.

After reading a lot of the extensive info about TuneEcu and all the maps and tuning options, I have decided to remove the PCV for now and go with the .hex maps without the piggyback PCV system. I'm having a little trouble finding the right TuneEcu maps to try out due to them not all being in one place. In my reading, I came across the James Smoothened map and the Guy map for the 2008 SDR, but can not seem to find them again, now that I'm ready to use TuneEcu.

Can someone recommend, or show me where to find the appropriated maps to try? It would be nice to have an updated page at the beginning of this thread that kept a list of the most current maps so they could be easier to find, and know they are the most current. I will continue to look through the info to find what I need, but if anyone has some input that could be useful to my situation, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
2008 990 SDR US, Full Titanium Akro, Rottweiler Airbox, SAS Blockoff

No. 47
Master of the twisties

Postby No. 47 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:07 pm

I have copies of all the published '08 SDR maps but they're for UK/Aussie spec. engines - someone here may know whether or not they're OK for US spec.
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:11 pm

motoyoyo wrote:I recently picked up a nice 2008 990 SDR US spec with less than 3k miles
Full Akra Titanium exhaust
Rottweiler Airbox
SAS Blockoff

There may be other mods I am not aware of yet, but these are the main ones I have seen so far.
It also has a PCV installed, but on further examination, the three wire coil packs are not connected to the PCV due to incompatible plugs. Probably not doing much for tuning. I have not checked the PCV for maps, but the bike runs horribly as if it still has the stock map, or worse. Terrible snatchiness and surging at all rpms. Probably very lean among other things. Otherwise, the engine runs nice and smooth at idle.

After reading a lot of the extensive info about TuneEcu and all the maps and tuning options, I have decided to remove the PCV for now and go with the .hex maps without the piggyback PCV system. I'm having a little trouble finding the right TuneEcu maps to try out due to them not all being in one place. In my reading, I came across the James Smoothened map and the Guy map for the 2008 SDR, but can not seem to find them again, now that I'm ready to use TuneEcu.

Can someone recommend, or show me where to find the appropriated maps to try? It would be nice to have an updated page at the beginning of this thread that kept a list of the most current maps so they could be easier to find, and know they are the most current. I will continue to look through the info to find what I need, but if anyone has some input that could be useful to my situation, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

They're all on the front page of this thread, I guarantee it.

The safest bet is to run: 07+ US SD Akra Smoothened

Or you can run the map I'm running: 07-08 US SD speedmotorrad's map

Me so Hoony.

No. 47
Master of the twisties

Postby No. 47 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:19 pm

Not sure they are all there - couldn't see Jocke's (James') map, the one I use, and there are others here http://www.tuneecu.com/KTM_Tune_list.html
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:08 am

If he has a US spec bike he cant use any EU/AUS maps, IIRC.

Me so Hoony.

motoyoyo
Minimoto racer

Postby motoyoyo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:27 pm

Thanks for the info. Everywhere I look, I keep ending up with this map, 08-10_US_SDR_Akra_map_smoothened.hex, so I guess I'll give this one a try.
2008 990 SDR US, Full Titanium Akro, Rottweiler Airbox, SAS Blockoff

PreviousNext

Return to How to do it!