Fitting Brembo Monoblocks to SD

Done a good mod that people might want to copy? Post it here - full step-by-step instructions and pix.

FAQs can go in here too
boney95
Stunt rider

Re: Fitting Brembo Monoblocks to SD

Postby boney95 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:04 am

I'm not sure if they'll fit an 05 SD or not, sorry. I don't think the M4's do? You can get these calipers all over the net. The average price for them is around 1k usd. The new lines will run you around $120 usd. Different line brands were mentioned above.
That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:11 am

Don wrote:Nice job!

will this work on a '05 SD? If so where would I source a pair of mono blocks and lines mate?

Cheers!

Don.

Monoblocks won't fit on a 05/6 dude. The connection is all wrong. Has to be 07 onwards with radial fitting fork ends.
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

Don
Two wheeled terror

Postby Don » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:04 am

Colonel_Klinck wrote:
Don wrote:Nice job!

will this work on a '05 SD? If so where would I source a pair of mono blocks and lines mate?

Cheers!

Don.

Monoblocks won't fit on a 05/6 dude. The connection is all wrong. Has to be 07 onwards with radial fitting fork ends.

Figured it would need to be a radial set up. All good, the factory anchors do a fine job anyway :)

boney95
Stunt rider

Postby boney95 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:40 am

So I installed and bleed today. This caught me by sunrise... If you have a banjo bolt at the caliper, you'll end up with two nipples. I didn't know which one to bleed from, so I bleed all 4 of the fookers. What did you guys do here? I ended up pumping brake fluid all over my wheel because at first I didn't install the SD OEM nipple to the banjo bolt. Hopefully I got it all off, I didn't have any cleaner with me. I was also surprised how much work it took at the MC to get that thing flowing, and to get pressure. But now its a blizzard outside.
That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Postby SDNerd » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:37 am

Please delete - post fail.
Last edited by SDNerd on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Postby SDNerd » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:52 am

Any authorized Earl's Plumbing retailer should have the parts and tools to hook you up with custom lines. The place nearest me, does them on the spot - almost no waiting.

Bic - what would be really useful to know, are which Brembo monoblocks are these? What are the Brembo part/kit numbers - or at least the model "line". Or, are these off of something else - if so, what?

Don wrote:will this work on a '05 SD? If so where would I source a pair of mono blocks and lines mate?

Dude ... serious? You got some '07-up forks laying around? I don't know what they cost across the pond, but the fork bottoms needed ("Axle Clamps") alone would run you about $1300 for the pair (new) over here. Maybe someone could point you to some aftermarket ones - ?

Worth mentioning that some here prefer the performance and feel of the conventionally mounted brakes of the 05-06s ...

boney95
Stunt rider

Postby boney95 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:58 am

M4's

boney95
Stunt rider

Postby boney95 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:09 am

If fitted, make sire your coolant overflow cap is on tight, or you'll have coolant all over the right side of your bike.

Anata
Stunt rider

Postby Anata » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Just realised I have everything I need but forgot a double banjo bolt.

I thought maybe the RC8 would be double lined but they split as well. What length have other people used? Earls do a 10 x 1 (31mm length) in stainless which I assume is right as the lines and fittings are stainless. :?:
05 SD
08 SD

Previous

Return to How to do it!