fuel coming out airbox vent?????

Done a good mod that people might want to copy? Post it here - full step-by-step instructions and pix.

FAQs can go in here too
edeher
Two wheeled terror

fuel coming out airbox vent?????

Postby edeher » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:19 pm

i had my fuel tank raised up checking for airbox mods but didnt do any, didnt disconnect any hoses i know of, but when i put the tank back down and started the bike there is fuel coming out of the see through vent hose on the left side of the bike that connects to the airbox....and i mean alot of fuel is coming out. why is fuel getting in my airbox?

BASH69
Race ace

Re: fuel coming out airbox vent?????

Postby BASH69 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:28 pm

Pull the left hand triangle off the airbox (3 x 8mm bolts) and you can see where the fuel hose connects onto the fuel injection and throttle bodies, make sure it is pushed all the way on and the hose clip is still in place. You may of dislodged it slightly when you raised the tank!
The official owner of the big pink SDP (thats STUPID DUKE Poofs edition to you).

edeher
Two wheeled terror

Postby edeher » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:32 pm

ok im on it, let you know how it goes afterwards.

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:49 pm

If you raise the tank and its nearly full fuel comes out of the rear vent on the tank. If for some reason a hose was running from that to your airbox it could also cause it. More likely Bash's suggestion though as it started when you had the bike running.
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

edeher
Two wheeled terror

Postby edeher » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:51 pm

i removed the triangle view hole and it magically stopped.....strange. i dont know where the fuel was coming from or how to recreate the symptoms.

edeher
Two wheeled terror

Postby edeher » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Colonel_Klinck wrote:If you raise the tank and its nearly full fuel comes out of the rear vent on the tank. If for some reason a hose was running from that to your airbox it could also cause it. More likely Bash's suggestion though as it started when you had the bike running.

exactly it would run out from the clear hose when the bike was on and then stop when i turned it off....

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Hmm I'd investigate further. Last thing you want is that happening with hot headers under you. I'd def say Bash was right and the fuel line is leaking somewhere.
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

edeher
Two wheeled terror

Postby edeher » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:47 am

thanks a lot bash 69, seems like thats exactly what it was and i was able to slide the hose back on a bit more without removing the tank and airbox via that view hole you told me about, back to riding!

i just put on my new diablo tyre today and went out testing and the back end came out on me and almost put the bike down, the back tyre just let go on a corner and went so far out. im accustomed to drifting and fishytailing back and forth but im amazed that the tyre caught grip and came back again. a friend on mine said that new tyres are slippery for the first few miles until something is worn in??? i didnt know about that but i dont know why it let go so easily.

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:19 am

They have a coating that has to be removed. Running a rag with petrol over them helps as can some glass paper but always good to make ure they are warmed up before starting to push. Be uber careful in the wet on brand new rubber
The late Bill Hicks

Return to How to do it!