how to take off PCIII

Done a good mod that people might want to copy? Post it here - full step-by-step instructions and pix.

FAQs can go in here too
migs16
Minimoto racer

how to take off PCIII

Postby migs16 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:58 pm

i didnt install it when i got the bike, it was already on. but i have a zero map on it and dont use it. id like to use it for my r6, my question is since the O2 sensors are disconnected can i leave them disconnected without the pcIII in place? i have a smoothed map uploaded, im pretty sure the O2 sensors are already turned off on there.

please let me know.

CEREC1
Trackday hero

Re: how to take off PCIII

Postby CEREC1 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:59 pm

migs16 wrote:i didnt install it when i got the bike, it was already on. but i have a zero map on it and dont use it. id like to use it for my r6, my question is since the O2 sensors are disconnected can i leave them disconnected without the pcIII in place? i have a smoothed map uploaded, im pretty sure the O2 sensors are already turned off on there.

please let me know.

Are you sure it will be comparable with a Yamaha? The loom plug may well be completely different. You could look on the PC site, it should list the SD and an R6. I'd be surprised if its the same fitment.
2007 SDR Full Akra Evo
2017 SDR 1290. Black
1997 RGV 250(sweet)

AGRO!
Master of the twisties

Postby AGRO! » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:42 am

CEREC1 wrote:
migs16 wrote:i didnt install it when i got the bike, it was already on. but i have a zero map on it and dont use it. id like to use it for my r6, my question is since the O2 sensors are disconnected can i leave them disconnected without the pcIII in place? i have a smoothed map uploaded, im pretty sure the O2 sensors are already turned off on there.

please let me know.

Are you sure it will be comparable with a Yamaha? The loom plug may well be completely different. You could look on the PC site, it should list the SD and an R6. I'd be surprised if its the same fitment.

+1

Superdan
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby Superdan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:31 am

*facepalm*

Bert

Postby Bert » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:26 am

Your O2 sensors will probably be disabled in the ECU when you uploaded the smoothed map with TuneECU.

To take it off the bike;
Find the PCIII and follow the wires.
Pull the PCIII loom from the bike's wiring.
The big gray plug will piggy back on the PCIII wiring. Disconnect it.
Reconnect the big gray connector.
Follow the black earth wire of the PCIII and disconnect it.

Your PCIII will not fit on your other bike. So take a picture of it and sell it on the for sale forum, ebay, craiglist,...
2006 KTM Super Duke Titanium ~ Full Titanium Akra Evo ~ MH Motobox and flies
VW TSI 1.4 problemen

Return to How to do it!