PCV and auto tune installed on 08 standard 990

Done a good mod that people might want to copy? Post it here - full step-by-step instructions and pix.

FAQs can go in here too
motokid
Minimoto racer

PCV and auto tune installed on 08 standard 990

Postby motokid » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:35 pm

Got my PCV wired in the other day, it was the 09-13 kit but wired up no problem in my bike. It's a US version if it makes a difference. Then went to install the auto tune and it seems the o2 bunges on the stock headers weren't welded in but rather a hole drilled and then a thread ring welded on the pipe. I'll get pics up soon. Anyways the auto tune sensors are bigger but threads are the same size. They just barely don't fit through the lip under the threads. I filed it down a little bit and the new sensors fit in perfect so no need to weld new ones. Got some Yoshi's on too I'll post updates when I get her out and see how it works. SAS has been gone and Rottweiler on for almost 3000 miles

Still have the headers off because I was gonna clean them while their off, any tips on how to? Also do I have to replace the exhaust gaskets? And the graphite ring that fits between the rear header and the rest of it is half gone, how important is that? it wasn't leaking before I took it apart.

Aphex
Site Admin

Re: PCV and auto tune installed on 08 standard 990

Postby Aphex » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Replace the exhaust gaskets and the graphite ring while you have it all apart. It's cheap and you'll end up doing it regardless if your graphite ring is already deteriorating.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:20 am

motokid wrote:Got my PCV wired in the other day, it was the 09-13 kit but wired up no problem in my bike. It's a US version if it makes a difference. Then went to install the auto tune and it seems the o2 bunges on the stock headers weren't welded in but rather a hole drilled and then a thread ring welded on the pipe. I'll get pics up soon. Anyways the auto tune sensors are bigger but threads are the same size. They just barely don't fit through the lip under the threads. I filed it down a little bit and the new sensors fit in perfect so no need to weld new ones. Got some Yoshi's on too I'll post updates when I get her out and see how it works. SAS has been gone and Rottweiler on for almost 3000 miles

Still have the headers off because I was gonna clean them while their off, any tips on how to? Also do I have to replace the exhaust gaskets? And the graphite ring that fits between the rear header and the rest of it is half gone, how important is that? it wasn't leaking before I took it apart.

Use the search button dude! That issue with the O2 sensors fittings on the 990 has been well documented years ago, even an easy solution for it.
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

motokid
Minimoto racer

Postby motokid » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:24 am

Sorry guess I wasn't searching the right words because I couldn't find anything on the auto tune install before and now I see all kinds of stuff. The search button on here has not been my friend at all I usually have better luck with google to find threads on here.

Sorry for posting info already available.

Amazing how much it smooths the throttle response out. I started with the SD map from Rottweiler as a base, letting the auto tune fine tune it to my bike. can't wait to get some more riding in with it on. :D

Return to How to do it!