Ktm 990 superduke with Austin racing exhaust?

Done a good mod that people might want to copy? Post it here - full step-by-step instructions and pix.

FAQs can go in here too
Kandyroll
Minimoto racer

Ktm 990 superduke with Austin racing exhaust?

Postby Kandyroll » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:01 pm

I see all these 1290 SD with the Austin racing gp pipe and I think man my 990 would look amazing with that pipe. My question is has anyone made a header for this pipe or made the Austin pipe work and fit on a 990? If you have or have seen it how was it done? I've already contacted Rottweiler about this and they said they have tossed the idea around and just don't think it would be worth it to make. If they made a header for this pipe would anyone be interested? I really want it to mount just like how the 1290 mounts. Down low. Thanks in advance guys!

Gaztwobikes
Minimoto racer

Re: Ktm 990 superduke with Austin racing exhaust?

Postby Gaztwobikes » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:50 pm

Once you have the end pipe ,all you need is to find a small fabrication place and they should be able to bend a few tubes of stainless so it all fits , plenty of shops now build bikes to what you want ,

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Re: Ktm 990 superduke with Austin racing exhaust?

Postby DribbleDuke » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Don't forget how well the SD crashes with the pipes where they sit. As more and more bikes leave the under tail configuration it makes the original well original.
I'm BLUE

Return to How to do it!