Working DIY O2 Sensor Plugs.

Done a good mod that people might want to copy? Post it here - full step-by-step instructions and pix.

FAQs can go in here too
TheJoker
Trackday hero

Postby TheJoker » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:51 am

SDtaxi wrote:They work perfectly fine! No error code, even with a heeded engine

Brilliant! Enjoy!
Abandoned the KTM for an F800GS and mud.

sicknoteskier1
Minimoto racer

Postby sicknoteskier1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:58 pm

I have purchased a couple of O2 eliminators from KTMTwins...the import charge was £12 so not too bad. Looking forward to trying them out on my standard bike....will be interesting to see if there is a real change.

blackhawke
Minimoto racer

Postby blackhawke » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:46 pm

i brought a couple from ebay just b4 christmas but since then found tuneecu. :twisted: just disable them in the software so when the eliminators turn up they will b up forsale! :roll: :lol:

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:24 pm

blackhawke wrote:i brought a couple from ebay just b4 christmas but since then found tuneecu. :twisted: just disable them in the software so when the eliminators turn up they will b up forsale! :roll: :lol:

+1, this is the proper and fast way of doing it now.
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

sicknoteskier1
Minimoto racer

Postby sicknoteskier1 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:52 am

tuneecu?. Can someone point to hte thread about this. Its early morning and cant seem to find anything....

blackhawke
Minimoto racer

Postby blackhawke » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:55 am

Here ya go n it's as easy as it sounds
http://www.superduke.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12511

sicknoteskier1
Minimoto racer

Postby sicknoteskier1 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:01 pm

I think I nedd my eyes tested... thanks for the link. Now to sit back and have a read.

KG666
Minimoto racer

Re: Working DIY O2 Sensor Plugs.

Postby KG666 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Hoi,
i'am new here ;)
and i just want to let you know that the O2 Sensors work very very well on my superduke R

i have them installed a couple of days ago and now today i tested them,
without resetting the ecu or doing something.. i just got on it, got for a test ride and its awesome to ride at low speeds (25a30 km/h) ,
it's not all gone but it is negligible.

thanks folks (especially TheJoker) for giving me this hint!!!

edit:

Akra round exhaust (no buffles)
NO akra map (standard KTM map) (will soon do the tuneecu mod)

Grtz KG
Last edited by KG666 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheJoker
Trackday hero

Postby TheJoker » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Good news! 8)
Abandoned the KTM for an F800GS and mud.

PK1
Minimoto racer

Postby PK1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:17 am

Just bought these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/o2-senso ... ccessories
worked out at £28 posted.
hope they dont take too long for delivery coming from greece?
just a thought my wifes jeep has a faulty o2 sensor would these work on a car? does anybody know?
or are the resistors vehicle specific!
cheers paul

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:48 am

PK1 wrote:just a thought my wifes jeep has a faulty o2 sensor would these work on a car? does anybody know?
or are the resistors vehicle specific!
cheers paul

Should work fine if it is a 4 wire sensor but the connector will probably be different. The resistance is about the same for all of them. The main difference is 2 wire- 3 wire or 4 wire sensors.
You should be able to use the resistors as in the how to tread to make your own if it is a 2 or 3 wire setup or the plug doesn't fit.
google the model O2 sensor to get more details on the wiring etc.
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

PK1
Minimoto racer

Postby PK1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:41 pm

[quote]Should work fine if it is a 4 wire sensor but the connector will probably be different. The resistance is about the same for all of them. The main difference is 2 wire- 3 wire or 4 wire sensors.
You should be able to use the resistors as in the how to tread to make your own if it is a 2 or 3 wire setup or the plug doesn't fit.
google the model O2 sensor to get more details on the wiring etc.[quote=]
cheers ktm guy worth a try the fittings look the same so it would be easy enough to give it a try when these arrive, dont think my diy skills are up to making my own!
nobody up my neck of the woods seems to use tune ecu,80 views of my post and no reply?
maybe one day i will get this loaded?
ive got the akro map with leo vince carbon cans sas removed dna filter 05 model the bike runs great apart from 54miles till gas light on :cry: as o2 eliminators only efect the lower rev range im assuming i will be ok to run without a remap
thanks again for the info.
pk1
ps dont know how to put your qoute in a box like you do?

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:10 am

PK1 wrote:
Should work fine if it is a 4 wire sensor but the connector will probably be different. The resistance is about the same for all of them. The main difference is 2 wire- 3 wire or 4 wire sensors.
cheers ktm guy worth a try the fittings look the same so it would be easy enough to give it a try when these arrive, dont think my diy skills are up to making my own!
nobody up my neck of the woods seems to use tune ecu,80 views of my post and no reply?
ive got the akro map with leo vince carbon cans sas removed dna filter 05 model the bike runs great apart from 54miles till gas light on :cry: as o2 eliminators only efect the lower rev range im assuming i will be ok to run without a remap
pk1

Just push quoted instead of reply! :wink: :D

There is a good map for 05-06 bikes on here, you just have to get the tuneecu cable and load the software on a laptop to upload it.
It is easy to do and it will sort out the excesive fuel consumption.
Plenty of people here to guide you and you can get the cable assembled from powercell if you don't want to make one yourself.
Worth the money as it is also a diagnostic tool.

PK1
Minimoto racer

Postby PK1 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:09 pm

ktmguy wrote:
PK1 wrote:
pk1

Just push quoted instead of reply! :wink: :D
cheers for that learning all the time :D. Got the o2 eliminators today fitted & went for a short blast!, definate improvement but surging not completely gone but bike does seem to reV through smoother. Weather stil not good enough to go for a decent run!

KG666
Minimoto racer

Postby KG666 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:18 pm

i have something wierd,

i installed the O2sensors and it was gone for about 90%
now i installed the motobox and removed the sas and added the 2nd butterflies from MH
added the 08_SDR_Shade_fuel_-_Otto_ignition_-_motobox_-_flies_-_pipes map (unchecked the sas and O2)

and the jerkiness is back...at low speeds (20-30km/h)
and at idle the rpms goes up and down....
1000 to 1200 (+-)

pls help...

tests now done :
standaard map, still the same,
02 back on , still the same,...

thanks for help

chris2
Two wheeled terror

Postby chris2 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:32 pm

you still need to have the secondary flies checked with the Motohooligan flies. If you remove them completely, then you uncheck.

KG666
Minimoto racer

Postby KG666 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:42 pm

chris2 wrote:you still need to have the secondary flies checked with the Motohooligan flies. If you remove them completely, then you uncheck.

normaly they are

tuneecu :
unchecked = SAI - O2sensor - EPC
checked = 2nd throttle

throttle V = (open) 3,64v (closed) 0,64

smoky
Wheelie king

Postby smoky » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 am

KG666 wrote:i have something wierd,

now i installed the motobox and removed the sas and added the 2nd butterflies from MH
added the 08_SDR_Shade_fuel_-_Otto_ignition_-_motobox_-_flies_-_pipes map (unchecked the sas and O2)

1000 to 1200 (+-)

pls help...

tests now done :

thanks for help

you are running lean in the low end. originally caused by o2 sensors, now by the mods (motobox). you need more fuel in low RPM/low throttle mapping. only 'proper' solution is dyno tunning.... you can try to add some fuel in the map, or try another map.
"Idiot-proofing everything creates a world full of idiots!"

KG666
Minimoto racer

Postby KG666 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:34 pm

smoky wrote:
KG666 wrote:i have something wierd,

1000 to 1200 (+-)

pls help...

tests now done :

thanks for help

you are running lean in the low end. originally caused by o2 sensors, now by the mods (motobox). you need more fuel in low RPM/low throttle mapping. only 'proper' solution is dyno tunning.... you can try to add some fuel in the map, or try another map.

yep, normally this week or the next, i will do dyno ... i think it's the best , the dude i spook with can fix my problem... he fixed the RC8 (here in this post) so i trust hem :P

thanks kristof

speedmotorrad
Two wheeled terror

Postby speedmotorrad » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:41 pm

I just installed O2 eliminators this morning, although I purchased mine instead of making them, seemed worth the $25. Easy install, thanks to the detailed pics and instructions in this thread. No codes, bike seems more responsive and less jerky in a short test ride around the neighborhood. Taking off now for a long afternoon ride, time to enjoy the beautiful weather and fall colors, I'll report back after putting in a couple hundred miles of seat time.

speedmotorrad
Two wheeled terror

Postby speedmotorrad » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Well as others have said, the O2 eliminators totally transform the way the bike runs at low speed, no more on/off throttle snatchiness, throttle input much easier to modulate. Felt more confident on the bike, it could be a bit of handful before at mid corner on low speed turns, also no more lurching at low speeds or snorting bucking bronco over bumps.

count_zero
Two wheeled terror

Postby count_zero » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:52 am

This is awesome. Just place my order for plugs from ktmtwins. Make this a sticky!

count_zero
Two wheeled terror

Postby count_zero » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:07 am

Finally got around to installing the sensor plugs. All I have to say OMFG what a world of difference it makes. No power commander or anything, just some cheap $20 sensor plugs and instant smoothness plus power boost. This is the way the engine was designed to run. Fook the EU and their shitty communist laws. Install the sensor plugs now if you haven't already.

nitrogeoff
Two wheeled terror

Postby nitrogeoff » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:42 am

Heading off to las Vegas in about an hour waiting at the airport. I plan on just buy the o2 eliminators directly from dynojet from their HQ while I am there. Hoping to pick their brains for a little bit see what else they recommend to make that motor sing!!
"Time to nut up or shut up.." - Woodie Harrelson - Zombieland
Life's too short.. Ride naked

Previous

Return to How to do it!