Crashfest 2015! Cadwell Park - No Limits - 16,17,18th August

Trackdays, racing, MotoGP, WSB, AMA and any other 'on track' discussions
shadowman
Wheelie king

Re: Crashfest 2015! Cadwell Park - No Limits - 16,17,18th Au

Postby shadowman » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:50 pm

SDNerd wrote:
Colonel_Klinck wrote:
BassAgent wrote:We need 2 loaners. One for Nerd and one for myself.

:lol: :lol: You're going to need to get someone very drunk indeed for them to lend you their bike dude.

Can't speak for BassAgent, but I'm good for the value of the bike. Even though it's in fooking August (really - "... maddogs and englishmen ..." I suppose ...), I'd gladly cover for a set of tyres, gas, even an oil change. Hell, I'll even pay for the "very drunk" if needed. :twisted:

LOL - the SD.net analogue of the The Anglo-American/Transatlantic Trophy Match Races?

We could use BassAgent as the "trophy" - you lose, you keep him.

Nerd you are welcome to use mine. Book fast sunday and inters monday and the jobs a good one. Serious offer, fly over, find cadwel and your sorted. I even have spare leathers etc if you're my size if you don't want to carry all that crap.

Let me know. Be good to see uou if you can make it.
Recovering superbike addict

paul81
Two wheeled terror

Postby paul81 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Reevus wrote:Do all of you race?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's not a race dude, ride at you're own pace in the group most suited to you :D
RIDE BREAK FIX REPEAT

Reevus
Two wheeled terror

Postby Reevus » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:39 pm

Apologies didn't mean like that...meant you all seem like seasoned racers...would like to meet some fellow duke riders but I think you're all out of my league lol

CEREC1
Trackday hero

Postby CEREC1 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:08 pm

Reevus wrote:Apologies didn't mean like that...meant you all seem like seasoned racers...would like to meet some fellow duke riders but I think you're all out of my league lol

I'm seasoned but only in years. Seriously we ain't all fast, and it seems my boy, Woody 80 ,is getting slower if his performance at Donington today is indicative. :roll:
Come along, the wit and banter is faster than some of us :lol:
2007 SDR Full Akra Evo
2017 SDR 1290. Black
1997 RGV 250(sweet)

Reevus
Two wheeled terror

Postby Reevus » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:35 pm

I think I left it too late to join this one but I would be up for any others

CEREC1
Trackday hero

Postby CEREC1 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 pm

Reevus wrote:I think I left it too late to join this one but I would be up for any others

It's only once a year. Miss this one and you might regret it. Call NL on Monday.
2007 SDR Full Akra Evo
2017 SDR 1290. Black
1997 RGV 250(sweet)

Superdan
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby Superdan » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:56 am

Anyone bringing a 1290 down? Im not riding but will come down and watch and have a few beers and bbq.

bic_bicknell

Postby bic_bicknell » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:45 am

Reevus mate,

I'm going to ring No Limits tomorrow and book one or more days track time. I've just had a knee op this week so wasn't sure how it would be but it seems a miracle has happened and I can walk with no pain and yesterday I could use my knee riding to lift my arse up to shift positions which I haven't been able to do for six months.

I haven't been on a track for over a year and will be taking it very easy. Also I've never ridden Cadwell before so I will probably sign up for the novice group because I don't want to hold anyone up in a faster class or feel pressurised to ride fast when my knee might be a bit fragile. These days are run to be fun - not competitive - don't be put off by the banter on here with old time Crashfesters. Anyway, they all crash but the rest of us don't! Ha ha.

bic
Past: Honda CB125J, Honda TL125, 1963 Triumph Tiger 90, Yamaha RD250, Kawasaki KH250, Kawasaki 400 S3, Kawasaki KH400, Kawasaki Z400J, Suzuki GS750, Suzuki GS1000, Ducati SS900 Superlight, KTM LC4 Supermoto, Honda VFR 800i, KTM Superduke '07.

Reevus
Two wheeled terror

Postby Reevus » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:42 am

bic_bicknell wrote:Reevus mate,

I'm going to ring No Limits tomorrow and book one or more days track time. I've just had a knee op this week so wasn't sure how it would be but it seems a miracle has happened and I can walk with no pain and yesterday I could use my knee riding to lift my arse up to shift positions which I haven't been able to do for six months.

I haven't been on a track for over a year and will be taking it very easy. Also I've never ridden Cadwell before so I will probably sign up for the novice group because I don't want to hold anyone up in a faster class or feel pressurised to ride fast when my knee might be a bit fragile. These days are run to be fun - not competitive - don't be put off by the banter on here with old time Crashfesters. Anyway, they all crash but the rest of us don't! Ha ha.

bic

Haha, that's cool...I would be up for coming...but can't do this year :( lack of funds and a service this month has made me tighter than a dicks arse at the moment. But I would definitely be up for a track day...whether it be crash fest or just a day...

CEREC1
Trackday hero

Postby CEREC1 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:36 pm

Superdan wrote:Anyone bringing a 1290 down? Im not riding but will come down and watch and have a few beers and bbq.

Sitting at Thruxton discussing with BLB as to whether I should bring my 1290. Tempted. Bit too shiny and new to track really.
2007 SDR Full Akra Evo
2017 SDR 1290. Black
1997 RGV 250(sweet)

Superdan
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby Superdan » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:07 pm

CEREC1 wrote:
Superdan wrote:Anyone bringing a 1290 down? Im not riding but will come down and watch and have a few beers and bbq.

Sitting at Thruxton discussing with BLB as to whether I should bring my 1290. Tempted. Bit too shiny and new to track really.

Doooooooooo it

CEREC1
Trackday hero

Postby CEREC1 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:39 pm

Superdan wrote:
CEREC1 wrote:

Doooooooooo it

Going to need a bigger van :roll:
2007 SDR Full Akra Evo
2017 SDR 1290. Black
1997 RGV 250(sweet)

Woody80
Two wheeled terror

Postby Woody80 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:23 pm

CEREC1 wrote:
Superdan wrote:
CEREC1 wrote:[quote="Superdan"]Anyone bringing a 1290 down? Im not riding but will come down and watch and have a few beers and bbq.

Doooooooooo it

Going to need a bigger van :roll:[/quote]
I'll ride it...

ma1290rky
Two wheeled terror

Postby ma1290rky » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:04 pm

I've been a bit slack on this thread folks...

Originally ma990rky and now ma1290rky I am booked into Silverstone on August 17th for a track day also with No Limits and don't really fancy doing another one either side of that. I've never ridden Silverstone before and I was offered a subsidised place via work so knowing Cadwell reasonably well I'm opting out. I tried to ride Cadwell in April and it was blown off due to the very very strong winds.

Brands Hatch with MSV on August 24th also booked.

If I have a rush of blood and fell the Tuesday is in fact possible then I'll just rock up with the 1290 still on the trailer from Silverstone.

New Super Corsas on the way so if I do not see you there i wish you all a sunny and safe day..

Cheers

Mark

HYPERMOTO
Two wheeled terror

Postby HYPERMOTO » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:20 pm

I was really tempted to book on one of the days with my 1290 BUT I have done two track evenings on it at Cadwell this year and I don't feel like doing any more.
I suppose I am worried about binning it and the resulting repair bill so I am going to buy a track bike, plus I have now fitted a Bodis decat and Akra silencer, K&N filter and its in for remap on Thursday (and fuel tank recall/ oil leak investigation) so there is NO WAY it will pass the noise tests :roll:
Some of my mates are booked onto the sunday evening and monday evening so I will have a ride up there and say hi to you guys. :mrgreen:
DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

bic_bicknell

Postby bic_bicknell » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:24 am

Well, it serves me right!

Just rung No Limits and the Monday daytime groups all booked up now.

I think I will still ride up Sunday afternoon and camp up for the few days just for the crack and meet up with everyone. To be honest it's probably best not to do track time because my knee op. will be less than a month into healing and any off would certainly not end up well for it. Perhaps this is just providence, nothing else seems to make me act sensibly - been up a ladder all yesterday plastering a ceiling.

I may still just sign up an the reserve list in case anyone doesn't show for the Monday daytime sessions.
Past: Honda CB125J, Honda TL125, 1963 Triumph Tiger 90, Yamaha RD250, Kawasaki KH250, Kawasaki 400 S3, Kawasaki KH400, Kawasaki Z400J, Suzuki GS750, Suzuki GS1000, Ducati SS900 Superlight, KTM LC4 Supermoto, Honda VFR 800i, KTM Superduke '07.

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Postby SDNerd » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:39 pm

shadowman wrote:
SDNerd wrote:Can't speak for BassAgent, but I'm good for the value of the bike. Even though it's in fooking August (really - "... maddogs and englishmen ..." I suppose ...), I'd gladly cover for a set of tyres, gas, even an oil change. Hell, I'll even pay for the "very drunk" if needed. :twisted:

LOL - the SD.net analogue of the The Anglo-American/Transatlantic Trophy Match Races?

We could use BassAgent as the "trophy" - you lose, you keep him.

Nerd you are welcome to use mine. Book fast sunday and inters monday and the jobs a good one. Serious offer, fly over, find cadwel and your sorted. I even have spare leathers etc if you're my size if you don't want to carry all that crap.

Let me know. Be good to see uou if you can make it.

Been away on travel, just returned. What a kind offer!

Perhaps a wee bit too late to book at this point - but will have someone look into flights today.

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Postby SDNerd » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:44 pm

CEREC1 wrote:Sitting at Thruxton discussing with BLB as to whether I should bring my 1290. Tempted. Bit too shiny and new to track really.

Really?

FYI: NO BIKE is too new and "shiny" for a track day. :mrgreen:

The Gin Reaper

Location: inspecting the tarmac at most racetrack hairpins.....Naarfolk ingerland

Postby The Gin Reaper » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:03 pm

bic_bicknell wrote:Well, it serves me right!

Just rung No Limits and the Monday daytime groups all booked up now.

I think I will still ride up Sunday afternoon and camp up for the few days just for the crack and meet up with everyone. To be honest it's probably best not to do track time because my knee op. will be less than a month into healing and any off would certainly not end up well for it. Perhaps this is just providence, nothing else seems to make me act sensibly - been up a ladder all yesterday plastering a ceiling.

I may still just sign up an the reserve list in case anyone doesn't show for the Monday daytime sessions.

Bic..... Just come and park up and chill, Lydia, mini reaper and I will be there for all the days and if your camping we can lend you a bit of electric to charge you phone etc, the kettle, and we'll find you a chair.... If your reserve list is successful then I have all the tools you'll need to keep your bike sweet and road worthy for the jaunt home....... I've been going for 4 or 5 years now (memory a little hazy!) but to this day you and I have never crossed paths - would be good to meet you and share a brew/beer.
Favourite quote - "after watching him take everything so in his bloody stride, it made Jim Lovell look like a panicky little bitch!"

never argue with an idiot..... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience....

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Postby SDNerd » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:50 pm

I was able to book a flight, lodging, etc. Spendy - but available. My bride never refuses a trip over - an easy "sell". As Bic notes however, the No Limits folks are are booked through to Monday evening, and while Tuesday is tempting - difficult to justify for the one day.

Shadowman's exceptional generosity is only found on sd.net, and for that I'm grateful.

I would have liked to have met up with all of you, chase you around Caldwell, and knocked back a few in the evenings. I hope opportunity presents itself in future for me to join you in the annual (?) "Crash Fest". Until that time, even if not in contact with the tarmac, at least keep the black round things facing down.

Someone noted that there would be regrets from not signing up - and those, I certainly have. :(

bic_bicknell

Postby bic_bicknell » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:07 am

Well, If the weather looks good then I will ride up and camp. Be good to get away from DIY for a few days and meet up.

What time do people plan to arrive on Sunday? It's a fair old ride for me to get there from home but I guess I will probably be there mid afternoon. What's the score with food and facilities there? Do you need to bring everything with you for a few days of is there somewhere local to get provisions. Last time I went to Cadwell I seem to remember riding for MILES before I got there with very little signs of civilisation. :shock:

The Gin Reaper

Location: inspecting the tarmac at most racetrack hairpins.....Naarfolk ingerland

Postby The Gin Reaper » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:44 am

bic_bicknell wrote:Well, If the weather looks good then I will ride up and camp. Be good to get away from DIY for a few days and meet up.

What time do people plan to arrive on Sunday? It's a fair old ride for me to get there from home but I guess I will probably be there mid afternoon. What's the score with food and facilities there? Do you need to bring everything with you for a few days of is there somewhere local to get provisions. Last time I went to Cadwell I seem to remember riding for MILES before I got there with very little signs of civilisation. :shock:

Most peeps will arrive on Saturday Bic as they are on track Sunday - Tuesday. Provisions wise we take a lot with us but it's only a short drive to horncastle or Louth for supplies if required..... Cadwell has bogs and showers etc
Favourite quote - "after watching him take everything so in his bloody stride, it made Jim Lovell look like a panicky little bitch!"

never argue with an idiot..... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience....

DubsandBikes
Two wheeled terror

Postby DubsandBikes » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:15 pm

What sort of time are people aiming at? I'm thinking between 5 and 6pm which I think is inline with previous years...

shadowman
Wheelie king

Postby shadowman » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:27 pm

Late afternoon for me if all goes according to plan.

Let whatever is happening Saturday conclude, find a good parking spot and unload the beer / food etc.

Forecast looks OK, am looking forward to it.

First track day for me since the last Crashfest and I never managed to get the bike to an MOT station after the winter spannering so it's hardly turned a wheel this year and I have ridden it less than 20 miles in total since I bought it. Fingers crossed it's OK and stays together for the duration!
Recovering superbike addict

Woody80
Two wheeled terror

Postby Woody80 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:05 am

Anyone taking a dremel? I've a new throttle tube and cam to fit that might need alteration

PreviousNext

Return to On track