Track day at Thompson speedway

Trackdays, racing, MotoGP, WSB, AMA and any other 'on track' discussions
User avatar
MADDOG53
Race ace
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: USA/ N.E.

Track day at Thompson speedway

Postby MADDOG53 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:45 pm

On their new 1.7 mile sportscar course,,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo649mW ... ture=share
BLACK is BACK

User avatar
MADDOG53
Race ace
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: USA/ N.E.

Re: Track day at Thompson speedway

Postby MADDOG53 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:04 pm

I just signed up for a full season of work at the speedway,,,,7 days a week until it snows again,,,,,I need to buy a tent ! :D
BLACK is BACK

masdrobeda
Minimoto racer
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:06 am

Re: Track day at Thompson speedway

Postby masdrobeda » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:01 am

I am going to Thompson on Sept 28,29 as my fist track days ever. Of course with a SD ! If anybody going let me know. I will be going with some ppl from Boston Sportsbike Riders...

User avatar
MADDOG53
Race ace
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: USA/ N.E.

Re: Track day at Thompson speedway

Postby MADDOG53 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:00 pm

I will be there,,rain or shine,,,I'll find you in the pit,,,,most I would think ,,prefer Thompson,,,garage space,,food available,,showers,,,rest rooms,,over Palmer at this point,,,,,
BLACK is BACK

User avatar
MADDOG53
Race ace
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: USA/ N.E.

Re: Track day at Thompson speedway

Postby MADDOG53 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Three days of "Tony's" track days this weekend at Thompson ,,,,weather has cooled down and should be dry,,,,,,,,
BLACK is BACK

User avatar
SDNerd
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:36 am
Location: Kalifornistan

Re: Track day at Thompson speedway

Postby SDNerd » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:52 pm

Looks great - would love to join you!

Have fun out there man.

User avatar
MADDOG53
Race ace
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: USA/ N.E.

Re: Track day at Thompson speedway

Postby MADDOG53 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:49 pm

Three days in "reverse direction",,,,moving all the crash pads around,,,five Appy fours circulating around today,,, pretty damn fast !,,all booked up there for tomorrow,,,Dry cool air in the 70's ,,,
BLACK is BACK

User avatar
SDNerd
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:36 am
Location: Kalifornistan

Re: Track day at Thompson speedway

Postby SDNerd » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:27 pm

MADDOG53 wrote:Three days in "reverse direction",,,,moving all the crash pads around,,,five Appy fours circulating around today,,, pretty damn fast !,,all booked up there for tomorrow,,,Dry cool air in the 70's ,,,


Jealous. Beats the hell outta the 105+ at the track here last Friday ... And about the same Saturday.

I learned that Bazzaz quickshifter sensors/sensitivity modules can literally overheat - which causes the engine to cut out and in intermittently. This as you might imagine is a bit like riding a real-world "Excitebike" (assuming you're old enough to know what that is): Only it's the I4 litre edition. Kids, don't try this at home (in 2nd or 3rd gear, throttle pinned, on corner exits).Took a bit of head scratching (and 3 sessions) to pin that one down (oh wait - not a pun).

Not amused, I called Bazzaz this morning, where halfway into describing the problem, they immediately offered a gratis replacement with their new "heat resistant/tolerant" sensor and sensitivity adjustment module. LOL - apparently I wasn't the first to call today, as WERA was running in Vegas over the weekend too. Been a long hot summer (and so far, fall), now apparently a well-known problem.

User avatar
MADDOG53
Race ace
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: USA/ N.E.

Re: Track day at Thompson speedway

Postby MADDOG53 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:23 am

If felt good to sit in the sun yesterday !,,75 with sun and clouds,,,last track day for the season was a sell out !,,,only two injury's,,,,,next year ,,one of the first bike weekends will be a "vintage" weekend ,,with a flea market swap meet ,,,it should be interesting to see what show's up !,,,,the vintage car race this year featured Enzo Ferarri's first race car,,a 1934 Alfa with a straight eight and wide open exhaust !,,,,awesome fast it was !
BLACK is BACK

User avatar
SDNerd
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:36 am
Location: Kalifornistan

Re: Track day at Thompson speedway

Postby SDNerd » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:46 pm

MADDOG53 wrote:If felt good to sit in the sun yesterday !,,75 with sun and clouds,,,last track day for the season was a sell out !,,,only two injury's,,,,,next year ,,one of the first bike weekends will be a "vintage" weekend ,,with a flea market swap meet ,,,it should be interesting to see what show's up !,,,,the vintage car race this year featured Enzo Ferarri's first race car,,a 1934 Alfa with a straight eight and wide open exhaust !,,,,awesome fast it was !


I've seen that very Alfa on a race track out here (a the annual Coronado Speedfest - a fundraiser for USO). Did you get a peak under the hood? Stunning. IIRC - twin blowers (?). The guys who raced those things had real stones if for no other reason they ran them ragged with those brakes and tyres of the day. The guy who drove this one drifted the car on every exit - it looked like he was driving it as hard as it would go. As it should be driven. :D

Fortunately, there is no "last track day for the season" here - with several to come before year's end, and again in January.

User avatar
MADDOG53
Race ace
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: USA/ N.E.

Re: Track day at Thompson speedway

Postby MADDOG53 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:24 pm

That thing is a supercar !,,,,and the value of 4.5 million justifies that !,,,,,,Ferarri's on track today and a few more car club's until mid October,,with the NASCAR final on the October 15 weekend,,,,,,I did apply to the "new" track in Palmer Mass,,,,"Wiskey Hill",,,,it's cut into the side of a mountain,great elevation changes,,,but they are still working on infrastructure,,,no garage's. ,food,,bath ,showers as of yet,,,,,it is a pretty cool track though,and a great view from the top looking into NY ,there are some You Tube vid's of some SCCA events, track days online,,,check em out !
BLACK is BACK

User avatar
SDNerd
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:36 am
Location: Kalifornistan

Re: Track day at Thompson speedway

Postby SDNerd » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:47 pm

MADDOG53 wrote:That thing is a supercar !,,,,and the value of 4.5 million justifies that !,,,,,,Ferarri's on track today and a few more car club's until mid October,,with the NASCAR final on the October 15 weekend,,,,,,I did apply to the "new" track in Palmer Mass,,,,"Wiskey Hill",,,,it's cut into the side of a mountain,great elevation changes,,,but they are still working on infrastructure,,,no garage's. ,food,,bath ,showers as of yet,,,,,it is a pretty cool track though,and a great view from the top looking into NY ,there are some You Tube vid's of some SCCA events, track days online,,,check em out !


That Palmer Park (www.palmermotorsportspark.com) looks pretty nice - very scenic too. On that note, Pridmore is offering STAR at Laguna on Halloween weekend ... hmmmmmmm ...

Vogel822
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 2:10 am

Re: Track day at Thompson speedway

Postby Vogel822 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:22 pm

solid ride man!


Return to On track

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest