I saw a 1290 at Snetterton today..

Trackdays, racing, MotoGP, WSB, AMA and any other 'on track' discussions
DubsandBikes
Two wheeled terror

I saw a 1290 at Snetterton today..

Postby DubsandBikes » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:15 pm

It looked fantastic, sat there all mean and moody in the paddock.

It sounded brilliant roaring down the main straight, as I watched from the paddock wall.

I admired its lines as it blasted past me on one of the infield straights, making use of its 60bhp advantage over my poor old 990.

But my favourite view of the 1290 was the one I got coming around the outside of it at Coram one lap later. Unfortunately, I didn't see it again after that :wink:

Woody80
Two wheeled terror

Re: I saw a 1290 at Snetterton today..

Postby Woody80 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:06 am

DubsandBikes wrote:It looked fantastic, sat there all mean and moody in the paddock.

It sounded brilliant roaring down the main straight, as I watched from the paddock wall.

I admired its lines as it blasted past me on one of the infield straights, making use of its 60bhp advantage over my poor old 990.

But my favourite view of the 1290 was the one I got coming around the outside of it at Coram one lap later. Unfortunately, I didn't see it again after that :wink:

First trackday of the season? Did your relentless note taking ensure you whooped his ass gradually through the day? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

DubsandBikes
Two wheeled terror

Re: I saw a 1290 at Snetterton today..

Postby DubsandBikes » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:59 am

First trackday of the season? Did your relentless note taking ensure you whooped his ass gradually through the day?

Second and third days. I was taking notes (of course) and one of the notes from an earlier session did say more speed through Coram, so maybe it helped :) .

Return to On track