Sepang possible spoiler alert

Trackdays, racing, MotoGP, WSB, AMA and any other 'on track' discussions
DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Re: Sepang possible spoiler alert

Postby DribbleDuke » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:39 pm

Baron015 wrote:I'll open the fizz if Lorenzo crashes out. At least we can all agree on that.

Not me either. I watch racing because I am awed at how beautiful the racers travel around a track. I like Jorge for the shear smoothness he rides. I know not one of these blokes and never follow the circus of events that precede or proceed the actually race. It is a show but to me the show is still rewarding enough without dicing and slicing. I dare say that it makes you a better rider by having a longer emulation experience. I would not try and emulate Marquez in the same way I would not have emulated Simoncelli. I believe that Marquez will be in front of Jorge just to place a bit more egg on Rossi's face. Of course I could be wrong and Marquez could say screw Rossi and stay behind. Rossi hopes that his voodoo will force 93 to win at all costs leaving Jorge to scramble for all the points he can get.
I'm BLUE

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Postby SDNerd » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:48 pm

I like how everyone, well, almost everyone is overlooking Pedrosa in all this, who arguably just had the ride of his life. Defaulting to what we think MM is going to do, or what he might do - when he couldn't pace his "teammate" any better than Rossi could his - is kind of silly, no?

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Dani always rides his own race and speculation was ensued that others have not. Dani was forgiven way back in 09 and I have emulated his bike angle lifting at corner exit on many an occasion. Dani is on fire and I will be happy to see him back next year. 46 and 93 not so much.
I'm BLUE

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:01 am

By the way when I stated "leave Jorge scrambling for all the points he can get" I was leaving the door open for other racers to cross the finish line before Jorge and this most surely includes Pedrosa.
I'm BLUE

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:43 am

SDNerd wrote:I like how everyone, well, almost everyone is overlooking Pedrosa in all this, who arguably just had the ride of his life. Defaulting to what we think MM is going to do, or what he might do - when he couldn't pace his "teammate" any better than Rossi could his - is kind of silly, no?

Pedrosa is the one of the people I admire. Despite having a hard time in general he always dusted himself off and had a go.
Unfortunately there was always someone there just a smidgen faster. Can't be easy to be him.
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

Stratkat
Trackday hero

Postby Stratkat » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:50 am

Nukem wrote:Gobsmacked. I'm still trying to believe the best (least bad), but.... hard to find a camera angle that tells me that story.

Wouldn't want to be Rossi walking in to Valencia.

more like wouldnt want to be Marquez walking anywhere a Rossi fan, they've been known to rush the track!

MrK
Two wheeled terror

Postby MrK » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Long, but worth to read, especially for those with higher blood pressure after Sepang clash. Some good points and facts there.

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/1 ... who_h.html

crust
Minimoto racer

Postby crust » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:52 pm

Some comments from riders and ex-riders, wonder what Rossi's done to upset Ago. Got to laugh at some of them, there's a fair dollop of hypocrisy from some riders.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/10/27/wh ... SOC&dom=fb

MrK
Two wheeled terror

Postby MrK » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:52 am

crust wrote:Some comments from riders and ex-riders, wonder what Rossi's done to upset Ago. Got to laugh at some of them, there's a fair dollop of hypocrisy from some riders.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/10/27/wh ... SOC&dom=fb

I don't think Rossi upset Agostini anyhow, he just said his own opinion. Nothing wrong with that. Nice find anyway.

I would compare this situation to Zidane headbutt :D Similar fans reactions.

No. 47
Master of the twisties

Postby No. 47 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:41 am

'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

MADDOG53
Race ace

Postby MADDOG53 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:23 pm

ktmguy wrote:
SDNerd wrote:I like how everyone, well, almost everyone is overlooking Pedrosa in all this, who arguably just had the ride of his life. Defaulting to what we think MM is going to do, or what he might do - when he couldn't pace his "teammate" any better than Rossi could his - is kind of silly, no?

Pedrosa is the one of the people I admire. Despite having a hard time in general he always dusted himself off and had a go.
Unfortunately there was always someone there just a smidgen faster. Can't be easy to be him.

Agree,,,,
BLACK is BACK

Previous

Return to On track