Sepang possible spoiler alert

Postby DribbleDuke » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:08 pm

WOW
I'm BLUE

SuperDoopa
Two wheeled terror

Re: Sepang possible spoiler alert

Postby SuperDoopa » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:11 pm

I'm a disgusted Rossi fan..... Reminds me of Schumacher v Damon Hill incident.... Great race up until that....beer consumption thus stopped :(

CEREC1
Trackday hero

Postby CEREC1 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:29 pm

SuperDoopa wrote:I'm a disgusted Rossi fan..... Reminds me of Schumacher v Damon Hill incident.... Great race up until that....beer consumption thus stopped :(

Reminded me more of the Senna / Prost crash into the first corner at Suzuka way back :roll:
2007 SDR Full Akra Evo
2017 SDR 1290. Black
1997 RGV 250(sweet)

Nukem
Two wheeled terror

Postby Nukem » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Gobsmacked. I'm still trying to believe the best (least bad), but.... hard to find a camera angle that tells me that story.

Wouldn't want to be Rossi walking in to Valencia.

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:12 pm

Valencia is a great place to have a championship decided. Marc and Dani may could clear out and Jorge will just have to see how far Valentino can make it up the results ladder. Jorge may not shoot for a race win as it would be a bit more risky. It will interesting to see if Valentino looses the championship if he blames every single rider he passes through the race of holding him up from moving ahead enough to win the championship. In this case his conspiracy theory will place the whole grid as accomplices in the act of creating Lorenzo champion. Rossi the profit at Rossi's loss :shock:
I'm BLUE

Galleta
Minimoto racer

Postby Galleta » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:31 am

What made it worse was listening to his excuse in the interview when he was talking about taking a wide line for better entrance. I kind of just hoped he'd be quiet. Thought he was better than that for sure. :?
2015 SDR 1290 Naranja

bazz21
Two wheeled terror

Postby bazz21 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:05 am

rossi has been doing this shit for years playing mind games and intimidating people on the race track but this time it failed because of all the new cameras and because marquze can out ride him , he has all ways been dirty and a sook and had race direction rapped around his finger will be interesting to see how the appeal goes

MrK
Two wheeled terror

Postby MrK » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:25 pm

Watched two last races again and must say I'm with Rossi here. In my opinion Maq was fighting with Rossi without need to do so, as he had pace to be on the front. When I heard Rossi's statement for the first time I thought that he is joking, but Sepang did make me curious. Maq possibly take his words personally to the level, where he decided to prove something to Rossi and that's why it happened. Front left camera clearly shows, that Rossi's leg didn't caused Maq crash, as he is falling already just before you can see leg movement. So personally I would be carefully with statements here.
We must remember that after all every single rider on the track is just a human being and every one can be frustrated to the level where cannot take anything more.
Shame, as this is not the way I expected this season to end. I expected direct Rossi vs Lorenzo fight, not Rossi starting from back of grid. Shame again, this just killed the show and title goes to J.Lo this year.

That's just my personal opinion.

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:10 pm

I may be a bit naive, it did not dawn on me that Marquez was screwing with Rossi during the Phillip Island race as Rossi and now others had said. Nor while watching the Sepang race was i seeing anything that looked like other than racing, Albiet racing that should be held to the last laps. Rossi's "come tag along with me " gesture was probably what Marquez would have been wiser to concede but at this point the younger bull was raging and this gesture was only fanning his fire and desire.
I have wanted a Jorge Lorenzo champion all through this season so the need for a few riders between Jorge in front of Rossi these last few races have been more the hope of mine. Race direction stated that Marquez had been guilty of provocation but not any punishable violations and in my opinion the spirit of racing along with the letter of law of racing was broken by the both of them. In hindsight it would have been fair to black flag the both of them for a ride through penalty and leave Valencia the pure race it was clearly heading towards being. Rossi's will on and off the track is a force few can contend with in an almost magical way. To the point where Rossi looks like everything is calculated for future events. It will not surprise me if Rossi has not put himself in a better position for the last race than the position he was in of lap seven in Sepang.
I for one will be waiting for Valencia like a kid waits for Christmas. Well I do have a World Series to snatch my attention away from the slow moving hands of time in the interim. Go Royals
I'm BLUE

Crotchrockety

Postby Crotchrockety » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:29 pm

DribbleDuke wrote:I may be a bit naive, it did not dawn on me that Marquez was screwing with Rossi during the Phillip Island race as Rossi and now others had said. Nor while watching the Sepang race was i seeing anything that looked like other than racing, Albiet racing that should be held to the last laps. Rossi's "come tag along with me " gesture was probably what Marquez would have been wiser to concede but at this point the younger bull was raging and this gesture was only fanning his fire and desire.
I have wanted a Jorge Lorenzo champion all through this season so the need for a few riders between Jorge in front of Rossi these last few races have been more the hope of mine. Race direction stated that Marquez had been guilty of provocation but not any punishable violations and in my opinion the spirit of racing along with the letter of law of racing was broken by the both of them. In hindsight it would have been fair to black flag the both of them for a ride through penalty and leave Valencia the pure race it was clearly heading towards being. Rossi's will on and off the track is a force few can contend with in an almost magical way. To the point where Rossi looks like everything is calculated for future events. It will not surprise me if Rossi has not put himself in a better position for the last race than the position he was in of lap seven in Sepang.
I for one will be waiting for Valencia like a kid waits for Christmas. Well I do have a World Series to snatch my attention away from the slow moving hands of time in the interim. Go Royals

Lets assume you are right and Marquez was just fooking with Rossi for the last two races. (I personally didn't see it either. If he wanted to fook with Rossi, he could have settled for second or third place). All that would prove is that Marquez was faster than Rossi, at Sepang not that Rossi was faster than Pedrosa or Lorenzo - which he clearly wasn't.

FWIW, I wanted Rossi to win the championship this year, but when he kicked Marquez's brake lever (you do realise that's exactly what he did?), I was done. He should have been black flagged and suspended for such a dick move.
08 Superduke

"I'm now thinking the SD is the motocycle equivalent to 'Once you go black you don't go back.'" Agent Orange

What's that coming over the hill is it a Superduke? Is it a Superduke?

cheeheese
Two wheeled terror

Postby cheeheese » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:38 pm

He did kick, intentionally. But only after Marquez decided to turn and shove his head into him. The video shows Marquez going down before Rossi's leg lifted off his footrest.

Either way, BOTH riders broke the rules and BOTH should have been penalised. But Valencia should have been left for Rossi and Lorenzo to fight it out head-to-head.

omky756
Wheelie king

Postby omky756 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:35 pm

cheeheese wrote:He did kick, intentionally. But only after Marquez decided to turn and shove his head into him. The video shows Marquez going down before Rossi's leg lifted off his footrest.

Either way, BOTH riders broke the rules and BOTH should have been penalised. But Valencia should have been left for Rossi and Lorenzo to fight it out head-to-head.

I too have watched each race and I did not see Marquez provoking Rossi..It seemed like fair play..Racing is racing..I didn't have the honor of knowing what was said verbally to provoke Marq..I DID see them jousting it out and like last week and was some great racing..!!! I seriously think Rossi pushed Marq to the outside of the track on purpose.Marquez was trying to defend his line don't you think..??? The the leg coming off..I BELIEVE was deliberate..He wasn't out of shape by any means to show he was trying to stay on his bike..Brake lever was right there..A little touch and Marquez was out..Rossi MADE that happen..He took the time to take him out..That's my opinion..Rossi saying he could have been closer to being a contender had Marquez not been there was a lie..He couldn't even face the camera..It wasn't the truth..PERIOD.!!

Scotty
Two wheeled terror

Postby Scotty » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:44 pm

It would appear that Lorenzo has managed to make himself look a bit of a dick as well; allegedly having a tantrum with Race Direction, demanding the Rossi be disqualified and lose yesterday's points. JL had plenty of opportunity to keep quiet and dignified and respond to any questions by saying that Race Direction are sorting it out and he needn't have got involved, instead he grasps the opportunity to lose all his dignity and credibility by ranting like a petulant child. He's an absolutely breathtaking rider, but a bit of a dickhead with it.
How much stock value has the GOAT lost over this whole incident? It was curious enough following his comments in the Press Conference - maybe it was an attempt to goad Marquez into clearing off and leaving him and Lorenzo to scrap things out between them but, as one of the TV commentators aptly summed it up; he lobbed a grenade and it rolled back under his own car. Marquez was obviously riding very provocatively but VR rose to the bait and lost his rag. I don't believe that he intended Marquez to crash at all, but he should have known better.
Marquez: looks like a choirboy, rides like an axe-murderer….

Discuss.
Wheelies - they ARE big, and they ARE clever....

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Postby SDNerd » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:13 pm

Scotty wrote:Marquez: looks like a choirboy, rides like an axe-murderer….

Discuss.

LOL - don't they all in MotoGP? Seriously, isn't part of the marketing "package" sweet and charming public demeanor + "Pepsodent" smiles? While the "real men" battle it out in WSBK? :mrgreen:

Seriously, not a Rossi fan, at least, never have been. This year - and this year alone - mainly due to his great season start and sheer determination to win, I've been hoping he would do so, then go away. FWIW, IMO - It's been the most interesting season in MotoGP since Nicky won it.

I'm with others who see this as top-tier racing should be: Fiercely competitive. Maybe this is a function of age (and I KNOW I'm not alone here), where with a large helping of perversely distorted nostalgia, MotoGP usually seems far too sanitary and robotically ridden by people who would otherwise be applying a crop to a horse for a living.

If nothing else - this additional bit of drama only adds to the "excitement" fans really want. Rossi isn't stupid, there's no way he did this and expected Marquez to go down AND that he would get away with it if he did. Rossi did do the unexpected - that's what he does. He's, shall we say - "creative", and over the years has bullied many a class rider out of contention. Certainly Rossi is going to suffer for this (points + back-of-grid start), and that's just how it is. Few will remember this 10 years from now, and there's a good chance Marquez will then be challenging for Rossi's (and/or Agostini's) title of GOAT.

In the end none of this is particularly important - it's only entertainment. As such however, it sure has been a barn burner.
Last edited by SDNerd on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrK
Two wheeled terror

Postby MrK » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:17 pm

Scotty wrote:It would appear that Lorenzo has managed to make himself look a bit of a dick as well; allegedly having a tantrum with Race Direction, demanding the Rossi be disqualified and lose yesterday's points. JL had plenty of opportunity to keep quiet and dignified and respond to any questions by saying that Race Direction are sorting it out and he needn't have got involved, instead he grasps the opportunity to lose all his dignity and credibility by ranting like a petulant child.

He's an absolutely breathtaking rider, but a bit of a dickhead with it.

Totally agree with you :)

xrpilot
Two wheeled terror

Postby xrpilot » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:42 pm

SDNerd wrote:
Scotty wrote:Marquez: looks like a choirboy, rides like an axe-murderer….

Discuss.

LOL - don't they all in MotoGP? Seriously, isn't part of the marketing "package" sweet and charming public demeanor + "Pepsodent" smiles? While the "real men" battle it out in WSBK? :mrgreen:

Seriously, not a Rossi fan, at least, never have been. This year - and this year alone - mainly due to his great season start and sheer determination to win, I've been hoping he would do so, then go away. FWIW, IMO - It's been the most interesting season in MotoGP since Nicky won it.

I'm with others who see this as top-tier racing should be: Fiercely competitive. Maybe this is a function of age (and I KNOW I'm not alone here), where with a large helping of perversely distorted nostalgia, MotoGP usually seems far too sanitary and robotically ridden by people who would otherwise be applying a crop to a horse for a living.

If nothing else - this additional bit of drama only adds to the "excitement" fans really want. Rossi isn't stupid, there's no way he did this and expected Marquez to go down AND that he would get away with it if he did. Rossi did do the unexpected - that's what he does. He's, shall we say - "creative", and over the years has bullied many a class rider out of contention. Certainly Rossi is going to suffer for this (points + back-of-grid start), and that's just how it is. Few will remember this 10 years from now, and there's a good chance Marquez will then be challenging for Rossi's (and/or Agostini's) title of GOAT.

In the end none of this is particularly important - it's only entertainment. As such however, it sure has been a barn burner.

+1 and I do think it may be an age thing :lol: . The only thing that would have been better is if Rossi had been wearing spurs :roll:
Last edited by xrpilot on Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baron015
Minimoto racer

Postby Baron015 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:02 pm

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Postby SDNerd » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:09 pm

Baron015 wrote:http://www.ilgiornale.it/video/sport/video-che-incastra-marquez-cosa-successo-caduta-1187369.html

Thanks for that - absolutely spectacular.

bazz21
Two wheeled terror

Postby bazz21 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:27 pm

fark whats wrong with all of u playing in to poor rossies hand ,phillip island was the race of the decade they say every one was on the edge of there seats
what a great race except for fuckkking rossi who had a big sook being of the podium then came the bomb shell that marq was helping lorenzo why did rossi say this to start his mind games again the truth of the matter was rossi got the biggest hiding in history from three young riders the only reason nothing was said to ione because there best friends and put your self in marq shoes he said he would not get involved with mine games but let his riding do the talking now and thats what he did wouldnt you do the same if u had been called a cheet publicly marq was just as fast as rossi and rossi could have tucked in behind marq the truth of the matter rossi can see the world championship slipping away and knows it will be alot hard next year

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:38 am

As usual Rossi can do nothing wrong with the Rossi fanboys.
Not a fan of him as when it goes his way it's all goat but when not its dirty tricks!

He pulled this one of before with Stoner and others. He mostly gets away with it due to the amount of (paying) spectators he pulls.
I have nothing against him neither but here he lined MM up, got almost passes slowed and pushed him. His eyes are not where they are supposed to be, e.g. in front where he supposed to go!

This is deliberately causing a fall which can result in very bad consequences, the sport is dangerous enough without them!
Neither MM or any other rider has team or any other orders to follow to let him pass, except when you're a back marker getting lapped it's a given.
His mouthing off probably has created a few sore toes and no wonder they don't do him any favours.

Regardless, no words or actions before the incident justify putting someones life in danger, the penalty is way to mild! :evil:

Very sad to pull this off and probably retire soon after a successful career, I wouldn't want to be remembered like that.
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Postby SDNerd » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:04 pm

ktmguy wrote:As usual Rossi can do nothing wrong with the Rossi fanboys.
Not a fan of him as when it goes his way it's all goat but when not its dirty tricks!

He pulled this one of before with Stoner and others. He mostly gets away with it due to the amount of (paying) spectators he pulls.
I have nothing against him neither but here he lined MM up, got almost passes slowed and pushed him. His eyes are not where they are supposed to be, e.g. in front where he supposed to go!

This is deliberately causing a fall which can result in very bad consequences, the sport is dangerous enough without them!
Neither MM or any other rider has team or any other orders to follow to let him pass, except when you're a back marker getting lapped it's a given.
His mouthing off probably has created a few sore toes and no wonder they don't do him any favours.

Regardless, no words or actions before the incident justify putting someones life in danger, the penalty is way to mild! :evil:

Very sad to pull this off and probably retire soon after a successful career, I wouldn't want to be remembered like that.

+1 on all points.

As racing motos of any kind is dangerous enough and potentially lethal - no need to further risk via deliberate poor sportsmanship and out-of-control behavior. I still contend however, that Rossi was fully aware of what he was doing, and as noted, his value to Dorna as star of their circus, has long gotten away with much. I think even the most die-hard Rossi fan has got to be thinking - it's time for him to move on. LOL - I wonder if Rossi goes, if Stoner will attempt a comeback ...

While an entirely different thing, but in the context of entertainment, I think of boxing and other martial arts, where one objective is to get another human being to succumb via violent and direct infliction of pain. People are occasionally permanently injured, and sometimes killed. The "fan" finds - and encourages - these risks an acceptable aspect of the "sport". Of course I'm aware that direct and deliberate blows to competitors is not an intentional aspect of motorcycle road racing, but it does happen, usually with more subtle outcome. From a real risk aspect, is it really that much different than direct-combat martial arts?

My point is - what is acceptable? Forget the "rules" for the moment, and think of this as the business it is. If anything, the hyperbole that evolves from these events, only seems to heighten the fans' passions - and as a result Dorna's revenues. Is Rossi's sense of entitlement out of control? Are you willing to stop viewing MotoGP as a result?

I envision that Valencia's viewership is going to significantly exceed anything to date for MotoGP - and that's just plain good business for Dorna.

Interested in your viewpoints on these questions.

Baron015
Minimoto racer

Sepang possible spoiler alert

Postby Baron015 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:31 pm

So why didn't MM just bugger off and race his own race at the front with Lorenzo et co ?

Look at the lap times, running faster and slower, usually MM lap times consistent so looks deliberate

Maybe MM wants to dice with Rossi because then he will be on TV since the TV always follows the goat....

Any case if Rossi goes next year 2/3 of fans stop watching MotoGP, what's there left to watch, Lorenzo too boring and 100% a***hole to boot

omky756
Wheelie king

Postby omky756 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:34 pm

Baron015 wrote:So why didn't MM just bugger off and race his own race at the front with Lorenzo et co ?

Look at the lap times, running faster and slower, usually MM lap times consistent so looks deliberate

Maybe MM wants to dice with Rossi because then he will be on TV since the TV always follows the goat....

Any case if Rossi goes next year 2/3 of fans stop watching MotoGP, what's there left to watch, Lorenzo too boring and 100% a***hole to boot

THat goes for BOTH of them..Rossi said he should of been running with J.L.
So why wasn't he.??? fooking the dog with a personal vandeta what do you expect..??
V.R. was deliberate..as you see when he turned to look at Mark..That takes seconds
off both lap times..
I think Valencia will be very interesting..
Mark holds the lap record from last year..
V.R. starts in the back and don't think he has a chance
of doing much of anything..He fooked himself in the long run..
Nerd is right though...I'd bet more people watching for sure..
It has been pretty exciting..
I DID like the old man (V.R.) to win but not after his stunt..
He doesn't deserve to take the championship..

Baron015
Minimoto racer

Postby Baron015 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:05 pm

I'll open the fizz if Lorenzo crashes out. At least we can all agree on that.

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:11 pm

Baron015 wrote:I'll open the fizz if Lorenzo crashes out. At least we can all agree on that.

Not me, I hope he wins the championship!
At least he's clean.
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

Next

Return to On track