Headlamp Disconnect

Trackdays, racing, MotoGP, WSB, AMA and any other 'on track' discussions
orangecrush
Minimoto racer

Headlamp Disconnect

Postby orangecrush » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:36 pm

Okay, so my first track day with the SD 1290R is this Saturday. Is there a fuse that powers the headlamp, tail lamp and brake lamp? Or do I unplug at the light?

abc
Stunt rider

Re: Headlamp Disconnect

Postby abc » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:05 am

check the regulations - some will allow you to just tape up so they are covered.
Any modifications you undertake are your sole responsibility, I am not liable for any claims relating to modifications or suggestions posted on this forum. If you undertake any modifications you do so at your own risk.

SpeedyR
Two wheeled terror

Postby SpeedyR » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:05 pm

where are you riding???

and in for info. I'm sure I'll take my SD-R to the track shortly. some friends are at road atlanta this weekend, might stop by and say hello. especially if I can get some work done on the bike today and tomorrow (nice package from Rottweiler last week!!).
you can't have too much Super in your life, right?
2015 1290 SD-R- full Akra Evo
2007 950 Super Enduro- too much to list..
2007 450XC- tagged dual sport
1997 Road King FLHRi- couch potato
2009 KLX140L
2012 TTR50e

orangecrush
Minimoto racer

Postby orangecrush » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:14 pm

SpeedyR wrote:where are you riding???

and in for info. I'm sure I'll take my SD-R to the track shortly. some friends are at road atlanta this weekend, might stop by and say hello. especially if I can get some work done on the bike today and tomorrow (nice package from Rottweiler last week!!).

Rode at JGP this past saturday. It was a blast. SOOOO much more power than my old 600RR.
Figured out the headlight. Two screws, tip forward, unplug.

The crazy on board computer tells you each time you start that all your lights are out. LOL

SpeedyR
Two wheeled terror

Postby SpeedyR » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:22 am

cool. A friend was at Road Atlanta this past weekend with his 675 and saw a 1290 but didn't talk to the guy. He does a lot of track days at Jennings (he's going this weekend for the reverse direction weekend).

I should be at Barber or Road A later this year or early next year, should have mine sorted out a bit more by then and feel a bit more comfortable with it. Maybe see you out there soon?
you can't have too much Super in your life, right?
2015 1290 SD-R- full Akra Evo
2007 950 Super Enduro- too much to list..
2007 450XC- tagged dual sport
1997 Road King FLHRi- couch potato
2009 KLX140L
2012 TTR50e

orangecrush
Minimoto racer

Postby orangecrush » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:44 pm

SpeedyR wrote:cool. A friend was at Road Atlanta this past weekend with his 675 and saw a 1290 but didn't talk to the guy. He does a lot of track days at Jennings (he's going this weekend for the reverse direction weekend).

I should be at Barber or Road A later this year or early next year, should have mine sorted out a bit more by then and feel a bit more comfortable with it. Maybe see you out there soon?

Barber and Road A are on my list. Have not done them yet. I have been told the Barber is a great track.

Return to On track