Lydden Hill 22 August 2009

Trackdays, racing, MotoGP, WSB, AMA and any other 'on track' discussions
Ducati Pete
Race ace

Location: On the banks of the River Thames with Ratty and Mole.

Lydden Hill 22 August 2009

Postby Ducati Pete » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:24 pm

Anyone up for some durty track riding? Luke?

I'm not going back to Dubai till Monday so I think I'll call and see if there are spaces.

Bemsee meeting coming up so the fast group is likely to be rapido.
chech your futidge
Image Image Image

Ducati Pete
Race ace

Postby Ducati Pete » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:49 pm

I'm booked. Anyone else?
chech your futidge
Image Image Image

Stupid Luke
Master of the twisties

Postby Stupid Luke » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:32 pm

I am on it. Likely to have the blade there as trying to save SD's tyres for Cadwell on Wed. Might risk one session with SD though.

Unless my 400 is done, which isnt likely Judging by the moaning I am getting about it.

Big Toby said he was doing this one. Mind you, he said he was doing Brands and Schnauzer and me never saw him, and it wasnt because he was lapping too quick.

I think he got the hump with Brands when he found out the GP circuit didnt stand for Gay Pride. :D

Ducati Pete
Race ace

Postby Ducati Pete » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Top stuff Luke. See you in the same area of the paddock then?
chech your futidge
Image Image Image

Twisted Jester
Race ace

Postby Twisted Jester » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:02 pm

I was gonna do it as dropping my other half off at gatwick at 06:30 but it's better I don't spend the money right now.

I shall probably come down and cheer you on though and maybe take some pics.
Longest ride on one wheel, 8 miles....

....if only I could do it on my SD.

BigTobyD
Trackday hero

Postby BigTobyD » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:07 pm

Too many kids for trackdays at the moment, not getting much quality biking time to myself with Poppy being so little.....I'm fossil hunting this weekend, careful StupidLuke, we might find you :lol:
One word.......ORANGE!

Ducati Pete
Race ace

Postby Ducati Pete » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:14 pm

What a cracking day!

After 4 or so days when I've been a bit dissappointed with my riding, I've now had 2 in a week where I've felt the old DP is back. Being Lydden Hill I still kept a bit in hand today though.

Nice to see you again Luke. Thanks for the ice cream!

Had a few really good sessions where I chased guys for ages before finding a place to pass - very satisfying, especially when you gap them after.
chech your futidge
Image Image Image

Stupid Luke
Master of the twisties

Postby Stupid Luke » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:15 pm

Ducati Pete was flying today, right from the sighting lap of the first session.

I was taking it easy, trying to stay upright for Cadwell on Wed.

Hot day too. We both decided to miss the last session (8th.....you dont get that with Focused Events)

Me, because I nearly highsided the fireblade trying to stay in touch and Pete because he wanted to get home to watch special needs X factor!

It was carnage today. Last time we were there (June) the track was really slippy but there were almost no accidents. Today the track was a clean as Lydden gets and there were hundreds. I think the fast inter group only had one uninterupted session all day.

Toby was notably absent. However Lydden has its own resident freak show so an 8ft giraffe dressed as a zebra wouldnt have been too noticable.

Pete brought me a chocolate mouse for lunch and I bought him a mint Feast so we were level on points. However, I notice he nicked my milk at the end of the day. He is probably drinking it in front of X factor right now.

Ducati Pete
Race ace

Postby Ducati Pete » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:20 pm

Sorry about the milk. :oops:

You're spot on about the crashes. I'm sure the fast group was the least effected. I can only remember the one stoppage, I think it was that 250 in the second session.

Sunny day syndrome maybe? Lydden Hill IS a easy place to have a crash, it's quite a tricky circuit in several places, camber changes and little bumps.
I agree, the track was, for LH, in good nick today. I guess they've not had muck spreader racing on recently.

My head, face and neck are proper glowing red now. I'm going to take a bit of abuse from the Spanaird about that tomorrow. :roll:

Thanks for the kind remark about my riding, I did really enjoy myself today.

Come next spring, we really should get a group together down there.
chech your futidge
Image Image Image

Ducati Pete
Race ace

Postby Ducati Pete » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:45 pm

My rear tyre is proper goosed now.
chech your futidge
Image Image Image

Twisted Jester
Race ace

Postby Twisted Jester » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:46 am

Nice one guys, sounds like fun, tried to get on this one at short notice but when they asked which group they said inters was fully booked and didn't seem to give me the option to go anywhere else, I was gonna come down and take some pics but went for a ride with Klinck and Shnauzer instead.

I think a couple of guys I know were going to do this one too, Richard on a Yellow track only Triumph and another Pete who would also have been on a triumph, I think Pete's a regular down there and does some form of racing too.

Ducati Pete
Race ace

Postby Ducati Pete » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:37 am

Funny you say that Jester, I had a great dice with a trumpet with race numbers on.
chech your futidge
Image Image Image

Stupid Luke
Master of the twisties

Postby Stupid Luke » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:41 am

There was a yellow / blue race speed triple in our group. Plus a daytona with a white gel coat fairing. Pete was giving them both the Superduke shoeing when I saw them.

Talking of regulars / locals. Pete and I commented that you always see the same people there....and most of them look like The Prodigy's grandparents :shock:

It is a bit like that Good Charlotte video where all the old people are dressed as young people. If your idea of a good day out is seeing old ladies in vest tops you will have a great time.

The surrounding areas were all mining villages until Thatcher killed off Betteshanger. Must be the interbreeding capital of Kent. I think the only growth industry since is tatooists. But too late to start now as many of them have no skin left undecorated.

TJ, dont show anyone your Prince Albert at Lydden as you may start a bunch of 70 years olds showing theirs
:shock: :shock:

Ducati Pete
Race ace

Postby Ducati Pete » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:57 am

Stupid Luke wrote:There was a yellow / blue race speed triple in our group. Plus a daytona with a white gel coat fairing. Pete was giving them both the Superduke shoeing when I saw them.

LOL :D

I wouldn't get my P.A. out down there, and it never occured to me that I may do so. Luke, are you some kind of pervert?

He dissapeared for a while yesterday. I'm starting to wonder if he had a quickie behind the scrute bay with a 60 yr old hottie.
chech your futidge
Image Image Image

Twisted Jester
Race ace

Postby Twisted Jester » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Not sure what colours Pete (On the triumph) is running but I think he uses a daytona on the track but has a few trumpets including a speed triple, apparently one of the wives was riding it at some point and binned it if that's any clue.

Rich has a yellow Daytona track bike, no race numbers but don't know what group he'd have been in.

Twisted Jester
Race ace

Postby Twisted Jester » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Stupid Luke wrote:TJ, dont show anyone your Prince Albert at Lydden as you may start a bunch of 70 years olds showing theirs

:lol: yeah, I don't want to go through that, not again. :lol:

Ducati Pete
Race ace

Re:

Postby Ducati Pete » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:10 am

Stupid Luke wrote:There was a yellow / blue race speed triple in our group. Plus a daytona with a white gel coat fairing. Pete was giving them both the Superduke shoeing when I saw them.

Talking of regulars / locals. Pete and I commented that you always see the same people there....and most of them look like The Prodigy's grandparents :shock:

It is a bit like that Good Charlotte video where all the old people are dressed as young people. If your idea of a good day out is seeing old ladies in vest tops you will have a great time.

The surrounding areas were all mining villages until Thatcher killed off Betteshanger. Must be the interbreeding capital of Kent. I think the only growth industry since is tatooists. But too late to start now as many of them have no skin left undecorated.

TJ, dont show anyone your Prince Albert at Lydden as you may start a bunch of 70 years olds showing theirs

LOL - I miss Stupid Luke, such a fun bloke and a real gent.

We had some great weather at Lynden on some of those days. Inbetween sessions we'd be sat in our comfy chairs, Tea in hand, like a leather up version of the 2 old guys from the Muppet show!
chech your futidge
Image Image Image

Colonel_Klinck

Re: Lydden Hill 22 August 2009

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:35 pm

Yeah Luke was a great poster on here. Does he still own a KTM?
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

Return to On track