VERY SAD NEWS. PLEASE READ

A tribute to members who are no longer with us, but will never leave our hearts and minds.
weeksy
Master of the twisties

Postby weeksy » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:11 pm

plipton wrote:Please see photos of Tony on page 1 of this thread.

Cheers
Rick

THanks for the PIcs Rick.. It's great to put a face to the man.
Current : 2008 SDR

jehadjoe
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby jehadjoe » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:08 pm

OH MY,... F is a fine looking dude, I knew he was. The man exhibited a high level of control in everything he did.

He carried himself with great pride, I have always looked up to him and I'm not about to stop now either.

baggieman
Trackday hero

Location: Frimley Green, Surrey. Namby pamby, shandy drinking area but thankfully it's a long way from Leeds.

Postby baggieman » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:02 am

Yeah, thanks Rick, nice to put a face to the words. :)

He sure will be missed and I think the comment by Bodge summed him up perfectly :)

He painted everything black but brought a huge amount of colour to the forum...

RIP Dr F
Past - Puch Maxi, FS1E, 250N Superdream, RD250E, RD250F, RD400, RD350YPVS, RD350N, DT175, XJ650, Z1100R, R1100S, 1150GS, 06SD, K1300R 09SD
Present - 1290R

fatchance996
Minimoto racer

Postby fatchance996 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:22 am

Very sad news indeed. Totally shocked and quite stunned.
Dr F, U will be missed. Find them roads up there and in time well join you on its ever ending journey, God Bless
So many roads, so little time.

superdude
Two wheeled terror

Postby superdude » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:59 am

Now I´m one step closer to selling my bike! Riding in traffic is to dangerous, it´s just not worth it.

It feels unreal that he´s gone,

farewell my cyberfriend.

You will be missed.

/Jesper
DO WORK!

superDUKE220
Two wheeled terror

Postby superDUKE220 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:07 pm

Thanks Plipton for posting the pictures of Tony. Like most here, I'm still deeply hurt, but now the healing will begin.

Till this day, I can't get on my SD without thinking of him. :cry:

R.I.P. Tony
-------------------
'08 KTM SMC - black
'07 KTM SD - black
'01 Honda RC51 (track)
'08 Yamaha Rhino

Grendel
Stunt rider

Postby Grendel » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:56 pm

Grendel cries.

carbonduke
Two wheeled terror

Postby carbonduke » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:20 am

First I have noticed the Memorial Ride tread and as an ESL, I first couldn't believe it what the title said. My english is a bit better to understand what Memorial means, but I just couldt believe it at first. It is shocking. He was such a nice person, with good sense of humor. I am lost for words.
RIP Doc, and the rest of you be carefull out there.

mikef4uk
Two wheeled terror

Postby mikef4uk » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:06 pm

Sad, I'm new here but it's still sad news to me, I'm afraid with our pastime/hobby news like this does appear from time to time, my thought's are with his family, take care out there all............

jehadjoe
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby jehadjoe » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:20 pm

joe don't want to show boat but.....

JOE is the one who made urgent requests to Rick to put up Pictures of our dear friend Tony,

I have them on my PC and greet him every morning.

may he find the peace that we all deserve.

miss him i must. :cry:

Sprocket
Minimoto racer

Dr F

Postby Sprocket » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:39 pm

I noticed that when you up this site you are greeted with the words "Technical - Dr F's Words of Wisdom".

It's evident from all of the kind words that he will be sadly missed by many people who either knew him, or just log on to the forum seeking Words of Wisdom.

My sincere condolences to his family and I am sure those who knew him will convey to his family how highly his advice was regarded and his character admired.

RIP.
Sprocket
07 SD R
09 Ducati 1198S

orangejohn
Minimoto racer

Postby orangejohn » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:37 pm

Been off the radar for a few weeks, just saw this, awful news. Seemed like a very helpful guy, always distraught to lose a comrade. My thoughts to his family and friends.
The motorcycle business was the last straw. It had to be the work of my enemies, or people who wanted to hurt me. It was the vilest kind of bait, and they knew I would go for it.

camel
Minimoto racer

Postby camel » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:44 am

I'm only new here, but from reading the comments, it is clear that we're all sharing in this loss of a good person.

To his family, know that he more than just a brother, son etc. - he was a friend to like minded people worldwide.

batesyboy
Minimoto racer

Postby batesyboy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:25 pm

OMG... sat here in disbelief at this terrible news.

RIP Dr F and ride safe everyone.

- Andy

ShadeTheChangingMan
Race ace

Postby ShadeTheChangingMan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:10 am

Such a tragic loss for his family and loved ones. His input into this forum made me laugh on so many occasions. I have been helped by Tony's advice more than once through this forum and despite the nature of this forum, he had a way with his words, wit and helpfulness that made contact with him on here feel a little more personal than one might expect. That, I believe, is testament to his strength of character...something that Rick, Toby, Joe and many more know far better than I.

His death has saddened me deeply, I've been lucky to not know any other bikers killed to date; it's a strange kind of grief....it touches me in a way like no other; my own mortality seems to be affected somewhat differently by this.

To his loved ones, to those who loved him you have my sincerest condolences. I hope the sentiments expressed by others on this forum have helped you and supported you in your grief.....and continue to do so. He will not be forgotten by us.

I'm so sad you were taken away from us Tony.

Duncan.
Last edited by ShadeTheChangingMan on Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black is not a colour; it's a Shade™

Ever the underdog

jehadjoe
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby jehadjoe » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Duncan, Chills from head to toe is what i felt when i read your post, it is a very sad time for this forum...

joe would like to think that, through all of this we have come through together..... his spirit will dwell on this forum forever.

I thought it was great to have his name in large print in the forum directory, Words Of Wisdom, a fitting tribute to a dear, beloved man.

OldYelr
Two wheeled terror

Postby OldYelr » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:59 am

Just back from vacation. Sad news indeed.

Rest In Peace Dr.F.

My sincere condolences to the family.

Everyone remember the potential impact of every ride, to yourself and everyone around you.

RIDE TO LIVE. LIVE TO RIDE.
'07 SD Akro Ti full system, DNA filter

Apex_seeker
Minimoto racer

Postby Apex_seeker » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:10 pm

Schocked to read about Dr F´s accident and him being killed.

I´ve lost quite a few friends to motorcycle accidents, and it never get´s any easyer when you learn of another (hadn´t met Dr F personally, but no doubt he was a "friend" to anyone who came regularly to this site).

May he Rest In Peace, and may his family and friends find the strenghth to deal with this terrible event.

ban1216
Two wheeled terror

Postby ban1216 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:17 pm

First time back on here for a while and cant believe this
RIP Dr F
you will be missed :(

Occultus
Minimoto racer

Postby Occultus » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:11 pm

OMG!!!

I'm way late, but I hadn't realised or seen this! I've been off the forum for a little while.

I actually felt sick when I read this very sad news. Dr F was definitely one-of-a-kind; a class act in every way. The help he provided on the forum was and is tremendous, and the personal help he gave me in a couple of instances was above and beyond.

God speed to Tony (Dr F), and best wishes to all who were lucky enough to make his acquaintance.

AERO71

Postby AERO71 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:08 am

VERY,VERY sad news.
RIP, Tony.

Ringo...

Duke of Dork
Minimoto racer

Postby Duke of Dork » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:12 pm

Wow!!! What a shock, not been on here for a while and greeted with this sad, sad news. My condolences go out to Tony’s loved ones.

Tony, may the sun shine high and radiant over you now and always, with the roads smooth and winding, no longer are you earthly tied with it’s capturing and bindings. Worry not you friends of man, who concern yourselves with sorrow and pain, for this man rides in another plane with his friendship now for all to gain. Farewell and Godspeed.
BLACK - the new Orange!!!!!!
Ride to ENJOY.....Live to LAUGH!!!!!

jehadjoe
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby jehadjoe » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:27 pm

Duke of Dork wrote:Wow!!! What a shock, not been on here for a while and greeted with this sad, sad news. My condolences go out to Tony’s loved ones.

Tony, may the sun shine high and radiant over you now and always, with the roads smooth and winding, no longer are you earthly tied with it’s capturing and bindings. Worry not you friends of man, who concern yourselves with sorrow and pain, for this man rides in another plane with his friendship now for all to gain. Farewell and Godspeed.

Duke of Dork, thank you, rhyming always touches a nerve that nothing else can subdue. That was timeless.

michael

Postby michael » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:02 am

I'd like to use this forum to thank all those who had such glowing praise for Tony, my brother. A lot of you probably knew him a lot better than I did (I've only just found out about this forum), but blood is blood and just when I thought I'd just about "gotten over" it, you silly buggers have got me crying again. In the words of Joni Mitchell "you don't know what you've got till it's gone" and even though we only saw each other every few years I still feel a loss.It's a great comfort to know that he will be remembered and talked about in the biker cafes around England. Mum said that your contributions both on-line and at the funeral have raised around 2000 pounds towards the yorkshire air ambulance so far.Once again, thankyou all for your wonderful touching comments .

Plipton
Master of the twisties

Postby Plipton » Sun May 31, 2009 9:00 am

One year on and the fella's still missed. Our thoughts are with Zoe on the anniversary of Tony's tragic death.

PreviousNext

Return to Gone but never forgotten