Collection/Donations/Flower for Dr F.

A tribute to members who are no longer with us, but will never leave our hearts and minds.
weeksy
Master of the twisties

Collection/Donations/Flower for Dr F.

Postby weeksy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:57 pm

Guys,

i've been chatting to other Mods on here regarding this and we were trying to think of a way to do this.

Skavitch or myself are happy to take donations etc and we were discussing between buying flowers, or donating to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance fund etc.

BEst way i'd imagine would be via Paypal to either myself or Ian (Skavitch) if you guys are happy with that ?

The suggestion to print the other thread out and pass on to the relatives is also an excellent idea. I don't know which one of us will be tasked with that yet.

If you let me know your thoughts/interest in doing this, i'll post either mine or Ians paypal address and you can do the rest.

Steve.

weeksy
Master of the twisties

Postby weeksy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:04 pm

http://www.yorkshireairambulance.org.uk

Would be my personal preference. Flowers and funerals are all well and good, but something like this can save lives.

I'll go happily with the majority though.

S.

I'll start off by Donating £25.
Current : 1999 Yamaha R1, 2005 Yamaha R1.

baggieman
Trackday hero

Location: Frimley Green, Surrey. Namby pamby, shandy drinking area but thankfully it's a long way from Leeds.

Postby baggieman » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:15 pm

Weeksy

Sorry, didn't see this post and replied on the original.

Let me know your Paypal address and I would be happy to donate.
Past - Puch Maxi, FS1E, 250N Superdream, RD250E, RD250F, RD400, RD350YPVS, RD350N, DT175, XJ650, Z1100R, R1100S, 1150GS, 06SD, K1300R 09SD
Present - 1290R

jehadjoe
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby jehadjoe » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:22 pm

S, Me also.

weeksy
Master of the twisties

Postby weeksy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:39 pm

All,

I'll be more than happy to take donations to

weeksy59@hotmail.com via PAypal.

I'll give other Mods access to my Paypal accounts and transfer the money out, either to Flowers/Wreath wherever we as a forum decide to donate the cash raised.

PLEASE do NOT feel obliged to donate. It's not a rite of passage or anything. If you feel strongly enough about the loss of Dr F (Tony) then donate as much or as little as you like.

Donations can be in any currency as far as i know, if anyone wants to do a direct payment or payment via cheque, then PM me and i'll arrange a plan.

Every penny will be appreciated.

Steve.

Millar
Wheelie king

Postby Millar » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:10 pm

Sent you some funds, Weeksy.
I'm in favour of the air ambulance, though it would be nice to send a some flowers to the family as well, to show the support from our SD community.

Ben

weeksy
Master of the twisties

Postby weeksy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:14 pm

Based upon the response at this stage, i can't see any reason we won't be able to do BOTH.

Many thanks to all. I'm not going to name names etc but it's much appreciated.

Steve.

jehadjoe
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby jehadjoe » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:15 pm

Steve, I sent my donation just a few min's ago, I was hoping it would make me feel better.

I just can not seem to get a grip.... it does not stop. You Know.... I was explaining to my son what had happened, he understands my sadness.

You folks know me better than many of my friends that I have had for many years, there is a closeness that binds us, it is very intimate to me.

It is a completely different dimension of knowing someone but none the less an emotional attachment. I Love the Man.

Peace,
joe

BigTobyD
Trackday hero

Postby BigTobyD » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:56 pm

jehadjoe wrote:Steve, I sent my donation just a few min's ago, I was hoping it would make me feel better.

I just can not seem to get a grip.... it does not stop. You Know.... I was explaining to my son what had happened, he understands my sadness.

You folks know me better than many of my friends that I have had for many years, there is a closeness that binds us, it is very intimate to me.

It is a completely different dimension of knowing someone but none the less an emotional attachment. I Love the Man.

Peace,
joe

Joe my man, for once I understand you completely and know exactly where you are coming from, I'm feeling a great sense of loss over Dr F's demise. It's testament to a great bloke that he can effect so many people that he never met in the flesh.
One word.......ORANGE!

baggieman
Trackday hero

Location: Frimley Green, Surrey. Namby pamby, shandy drinking area but thankfully it's a long way from Leeds.

Postby baggieman » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:30 am

Well said Toby

I never met him, but the banter that I also experienced made me feel as if I knew him. The forum seems to have lost it's purpose at the moment :cry:
Past - Puch Maxi, FS1E, 250N Superdream, RD250E, RD250F, RD400, RD350YPVS, RD350N, DT175, XJ650, Z1100R, R1100S, 1150GS, 06SD, K1300R 09SD
Present - 1290R

weeksy
Master of the twisties

Postby weeksy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:53 am

baggieman wrote:Well said Toby

I never met him, but the banter that I also experienced made me feel as if I knew him. The forum seems to have lost it's purpose at the moment :cry:

No a dig here, but an observation, not just to you, but to all who are feeling down about it...

Would Tony (Dr F) want a lull in the forum ? or would he be the one trying to pick you all up with some banter and drag you back a bit of the way to normality ?

I think everyone who's responded in either thread already knows the answer to this...

BigTobyD
Trackday hero

Postby BigTobyD » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:53 am

weeksy wrote:
baggieman wrote:Well said Toby

No a dig here, but an observation, not just to you, but to all who are feeling down about it...

Would Tony (Dr F) want a lull in the forum ? or would he be the one trying to pick you all up with some banter and drag you back a bit of the way to normality ?

I think everyone who's responded in either thread already knows the answer to this...

I think he'd want at least a year of official mourning, meaning us orange lovers would have to turn our bikes black in his honour...........
One word.......ORANGE!

jehadjoe
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby jehadjoe » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:34 pm

F. was a wonderful character, we openly spoke nearly everyday through PM's mainly, he had never shared a pic with me either,(bike only). I am yearning to see his face. He Pmed me, I will share one of my very last corraspondence with a man that I did love as a brother.

Hey Joe, I'm off to the TT tommorrow so won't be around again until next weekend. I've sent you a little something in the post to keep you occupied : Surprised One of them I've had to seal in a plastic bag because it could be damaged by moisture, so be real carefull opening it so you don't damage the contents. The other is something to watch, hope it plays on your U.S. DVD player, if not, try it on your PC. Enjoy Very Happy

F

I tell all of you here, I was very close to him always, from the start of coming here, this is why I am in this kind of shape, I hope you can understand..... a sorrowful time for me. This just is gonna kill me to get this thing from him now!! when I open it,,my heart will flow as never before, I am really dreading this. If you are survived by the intensity of those that loved you, this man is going on forever and ever.

baggieman
Trackday hero

Postby baggieman » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:09 pm

Weeksy

You're right, the good doctor would have wanted us to carry on as normal. :)
Present - 1290R

weeksy
Master of the twisties

Postby weeksy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:45 pm

UPDATE:

I've been chatting to North Yorkshire Police regarding the arrangement and have also spent time talking with Plipton and Skavitch regarding what we do.

We're waiting a representative from NY Polic to call back and will post up anything else we find out regarding arrangements etc as and when we hear.

Thanks all.

Steve.

jehadjoe
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby jehadjoe » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:46 pm

out of all the things that come in red,,,

a rose is the only thing I truly enjoy in red.

I lay this at his head to show that I care,

A Great man who deserves much more than this.

SuperDuke69
Two wheeled terror

Postby SuperDuke69 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:19 pm

I'll be making a donation thru Paypal on Friday.
DR.F says, "Your bike is Gay".

Dutch
Trackday hero

Postby Dutch » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:11 am

Just a thought...

Giving money to charity seems like a great thing to do - but for his family at the funeral they might be more moved to see flowers from his biking friends?

Anyway, I'm happy with wherever the money goes.

weeksy
Master of the twisties

Postby weeksy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:17 am

I've been on to North Yorkshire Police twice again today and i'm still struggling to get the information for the familly/funeral.

I'm very much aware that the funeral must be coming up fairly soon and if we want to go down the flower route, we need this info ASAP... I'm trying my best lads.

Keep you posted lads

Steve.

weeksy
Master of the twisties

Postby weeksy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:52 am

Right guys,

We're winning the battle for information.

Skavitch/Plipton are going to call the Family Liason officer and will then speak to Dr F's girlfriend to discuss options etc.

One of us will post the plans once we have more information.

The donations for this have been really REALLY incredible guys. I'm touched by the generosity of all.

I've not thanked anyone via email as i didn't think it was appropriate, but to each and every person, thank you.

Plipton
Master of the twisties

Postby Plipton » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:30 pm

All,

Please see separate thread for funeral arrangements.

For those who took an orange-battering from Tony, now would be a good time to let you know that he (yes, Tony bloody Steele) had an Orange SD himself before 'going black'.

Cheeky bugger to the end :lol:
Current fleet... 1972 Kawasaki H1D 500 triple, 1976 Suzuki RE5 rotary, 1976 Kawasaki KH500, 2010 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 (don't ask!), 1954 Beetle, a big white van and a shopping/commuting 4 wheeled device.

Twisted Jester
Race ace

Postby Twisted Jester » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:33 pm

Thanks for sorting this out Weeksy.

Anyone know anyone that could make an Orange SD out of flowers?

That'd make him laugh :D
Longest ride on one wheel, 8 miles....

....if only I could do it on my SD.

weeksy
Master of the twisties

Postby weeksy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:37 pm

Twisted Jester wrote:Thanks for sorting this out Weeksy.

Anyone know anyone that could make an Orange SD out of flowers?

That'd make him laugh :D

it's the least i can do mate.

I've been chatting with the other Mods and i'm gutted by the fact that i can't see any way i can make the funeral in person.

My wife is due to give birth to our first born 4 days after the funeral and living down by Newbury, it's about a 5+ hour drive to the funeral, and of course back.

I just can't risk being 5+ hours from her for our first child... if something happend while i was away i couldn't live with myself.

I don't know what else i can say :(

Twisted Jester
Race ace

Postby Twisted Jester » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:55 pm

Nothing else to say really mate, all of our families are our number one priority at the end of the day and above all else we need to be there for them, your mrs could pop anytime now and you definitely can't miss that.

We all have to live our lives and unfortunately as much as we'd like to, the logistics of things like this mean it's not always possible to do things in person but as long as our thoughts are there on the day we know we've done what we can.
Longest ride on one wheel, 8 miles....

....if only I could do it on my SD.

jehadjoe
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby jehadjoe » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:04 pm

Word of the Day for Wednesday, June 4, 2008

lachrymose \LAK-ruh-mohs\, adjective:

1. Generating or shedding tears; given to shedding tears; suffused with tears; tearful.
2. Causing or tending to cause tears.

At the farewell party on the boat, Joyce was surrounded by a lachrymose family.
-- Edna O'Brien, "She Was the Other Ireland", New York Times, June 19, 1988

I promise to do my best, and if at any time my resolution lapses, pen me a few fierce vitriolic words and you shall receive by the next post a lachrymose & abject apology in my most emotional hand writing. :(
-- Rupert Brooke, "letter to James Strachey", July 7, 1905

The game is perpetuated by the sons in a sometimes vicious sibling rivalry that inevitably subsides into lachrymose reconciliation.
-- Arthur Gelb and Barbara Gelb, O'Neill: Life With Monte Cristo

Meanwhile, a lachrymose new waltz, "After The Ball Is Over," was sweeping the nation.
-- Benjamin Welles, Sumner Welles: FDR's Global Strategist

Lachrymose is from Latin lacrimosus, from lacrima,

Wanna tell all of you, Tony asked me to place this Banner back in my signature box, (I still have the PM.) a couple weeks back,

to give honor to big block for making it for me, so this is why I will not take it down no more cos of this.

Next

Return to Gone but never forgotten