No RC8 R'S

For RC8 owners a general forum with technical discussion, how to's and tips related to this bike only.
Duke of Wrath
Stunt rider

No RC8 R'S

Postby Duke of Wrath » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:23 am

Some of you guys know that I have both the super duke and an RC8 standard.I love both bikes I have put some cash into both of them.
Well I got a wild hair up my ass.I have been thinking of getting the RC8R the orange /white one.
With all the bling I have on my RC8 I know I can sell it for a good price.

I just wish I could put the bling on my new R.So I thought I would buy the new R and put the risoma stuff and the FMF pipe and a few things then sell my standard for a good price.

Guess what? I got on cycle trader and called 5 dealers that had ads for the 2011 RC8R. They are sold out not one left can you believe it?

I was truly amazied that I can't find one. Now I did not try every dealer.But now the time is too late on the east coast.
I will try wed.and see if I can find one.

One good thing is if I leave on all my bling a dealer said i can sell mine for 12-13 G's Thats not too bad if I find a new R I will have to spend a few dollars for sliders and rear sets and a tail tidy.

I know I don't need a R I just love that orange/white one so bad. I can't help myself.

Anyway one dealer said the new 2012 will be here in a month.If that is true I can wait.
There are even sold out of the track only one. So KTM must be doing something right.

No trouble finding a I 4 Jap bike. Just the RC8 is so comfy to ride.

Hmmm the BMW is available That what I need a 198 hp bike. I don't know whats wrong with me I just love those V Twins
I want my RC8R.

I guess I will have to wait and see whats comming if the new 2012 is a month away I can see me getting one of those.
One thing for sure you won't find any left over RC8's for a discount.

Who says KTM's don't sell? I just want to know where they all are I never see any when i go to a M/C hang out.
Just thought you guys who have them should know we have a special bike.
All you have to do is ride one and you will understand.

I know one thing if they put that motor in a duke.I don't think you will need an RC8 but thats just me.
My stuff 2011 RC8R black/orange forged wheels Rizoma,Rg,Sato racing,FMF apex 08 990 S/D blk/wht Full motobox with butterflies,FMF apex, rg tail tidy, carbon bits, 03 HD 100 year Heritage sil/blk Life is short.Live it with no regrets.

Crotchrockety

Re: No RC8 R'S

Postby Crotchrockety » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:59 am

http://claz.org/classifieds.html?q=RC8R

It used to have more listings when it scanned Craig's list too, but still pulls up a lot of stuff.

I worked out that the Beemer would cost around $22K ($285/mth for 48 mths plus a $8200 ballon) when it was all said and done. There aren't many of them, and the local dealer doesn't want to deal. For me, $22K is way too much moola for a toy I'll rarely get to use in anger. But, I've got another test ride on a different bike booked for tomorrow. Its a much more palatable deal. We'll see what happens.
08 Superduke

"I'm now thinking the SD is the motocycle equivalent to 'Once you go black you don't go back.'" Agent Orange

What's that coming over the hill is it a Superduke? Is it a Superduke?

Duke of Wrath
Stunt rider

Postby Duke of Wrath » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:42 am

I know I get can you a better deal it's 17,500 otd no bullshit you just pay the tax and tags up front.then it's 199 for 48 months
after that at the end of the 48 months you pay it off or refi.Now that was a month ago they are only getting five to seven and had sold two with a depo on one. Just say the word and I will call them and get it done.

Man I want that R I might have to settle for the black one.If I was smart I would wait for the 2012's but we know the answer to that. I would love to have it for the april track day.I am off wed I will call every dealer that has an ad and see.

The problem the prices vary 2 g's calif bikes are the most money.I know I am nuts but I don't think there will be much differance between the 11 and the 12 bikes except the 12's will be more dough for sure.

I found a track only one for under 16k like new I wish I could afford to have 16k sitting in the garage to be ridden 6-8 times a year.

I just don't know what it is about these RC8's I just love them. I think I could swing a bmw. I think I gotta go with the katoom. Oh well I'm I'll get over it I do like my RC8 It's running real good.

I know people will hate me for this but if I get the new R I don't think the duke will get much saddle time.
The power i just fooking love it

I wish I could put handle bars on my RC8 then I would be happy.Or I wish I was one of those gearheads that could put a RC8 motor in a duke frame and make it look real clean.Now that would be fun at the track

I doubt I will do anything until after april track day.I need an RC8 for that I have to try it out.I know how great the duke is at chucky.I need to see how the RC8 does I just wish it was a R.I know the standard is plenty enough bike for me.
What can I say I just want one.

Shit my duke is plenty fast enough.I want that low end crazy power that i get from the RC8.
At my age I don't care if I can't use all the power I just want what I want worked my ass off for all these years fook it I deserve it for all the crap I have been thru the last 4 years.

I say brother you should get it you only live once and it can come to a stop real quick.Trust me I know first hand 4 years ago I could barley walk so I am going out with a bang not a wimper.

Call me let me know if I can help you get into that BMW I don't know what they have left they could have sold them all.I have a couple of BMW dealers that I do business with.
Vic
My stuff 2011 RC8R black/orange forged wheels Rizoma,Rg,Sato racing,FMF apex 08 990 S/D blk/wht Full motobox with butterflies,FMF apex, rg tail tidy, carbon bits, 03 HD 100 year Heritage sil/blk Life is short.Live it with no regrets.

SDsteph
Two wheeled terror

Postby SDsteph » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:43 am

Return to RC8(R)