New RC8 2011

For RC8 owners a general forum with technical discussion, how to's and tips related to this bike only.
Duke of Wrath
Stunt rider

New RC8 2011

Postby Duke of Wrath » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:04 am

Ok guys I did it.I bought it
I found a new RC8R blk/org I pick it up wed.I have to drive 6 hours one way to get it.
The cool thing is all the bling I have on my 2010 will fit the 2011.

When I get it I will put all kinds of good stuff on the new bike.The rizomo rear sets ,the tail tidy ,the sliders and the FMF pipe.
I think I will save about 5 g's

I will get my 2010 all set up nice.I will leave a bunch of nice things and use the new RC8R stuff to get it back to stock.
Then I will sell it for a great price.

I am so pumped I finaly got my R I have wanted one for a long time.Who ever gets my 2010 will love it.I am leaving the gearing and the HID lighting and a bunch of other cool stuff.

I will be putting it for sale on the forum and cycle trader. I hope I can get the new one all ready for track day.
I can't wait.
My stuff 2011 RC8R black/orange forged wheels Rizoma,Rg,Sato racing,FMF apex 08 990 S/D blk/wht Full motobox with butterflies,FMF apex, rg tail tidy, carbon bits, 03 HD 100 year Heritage sil/blk Life is short.Live it with no regrets.

Lowrance
Trackday hero

Re: New RC8 2011

Postby Lowrance » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:46 am

If you've got it broken in by the 20th of April I'd definitely be interested in riding it over the 2010.....!

Duke of Wrath
Stunt rider

Postby Duke of Wrath » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:32 am

Lowrance wrote:If you've got it broken in by the 20th of April I'd definitely be interested in riding it over the 2010.....!

I will get it this wed I hope we get some good weather for a while I want to ride it as much as I can.
I will do what I have to do to get some miles on it.

I don't know if I should just ride it or put the FMFon and have it re mapped.
I am thinking I will ride it as much as I can then put the pipe on the 600 mile service then get the remap.

John I have to have it ready for track day because my 10 will be back to stock.and my duke is going up for sale.

So I am sure you can do some laps. a deal is a deal brother.
I am so pumped I have new tyres that I was gonig to use for the 10. plus I still have the R wheel that I got before.
I am keeping them when I sell the 10 it will have the stock wheels with good tyres.

I don't want to use the tyres that I get with the R because I am afraid that they will be chewed up from the roads out here
I like using new tyres for track day or barley used.I know the tyres that come stock with the R are great tyres super rossa's

What are your thoughts on this.I really like the FMF pipe but I don't want to have to take to the shop twice.I would rather use the time to ride.I think 600 miles should be good enough for track day.

It's not like I am going to be super fast any way I still have a big learning curve.This should handle differant than my 10
I know I will need to make some adjustments.
I got a great deal and to be able to get to put on all the bling from my 10 will save me a ton.

Hope all is well with you see you there brother.

Vic
My stuff 2011 RC8R black/orange forged wheels Rizoma,Rg,Sato racing,FMF apex 08 990 S/D blk/wht Full motobox with butterflies,FMF apex, rg tail tidy, carbon bits, 03 HD 100 year Heritage sil/blk Life is short.Live it with no regrets.

Duke of Wrath
Stunt rider

Postby Duke of Wrath » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:17 pm

John I got it on tues.Today I will be changing the ride hight to low and putting on the sliders and the tail tidy and all the other bling.
The bike is amazing even in stock it's sounds better than my 10 did.
I will wait till the 600 mile before I put the FMF pipe on.
I do have a questions the bike came with dunlaps which I had never seen before.I have heard of dukes comming with dunlaps or pirelli but I thought all R's came with Pierlli's.

Not a big deal i have a new set I plan on running on track day anyway.The dunlaps will be my street tyres. I don't know much about these dunlaps but the tread pattern looks the same.I have a extra set of forged alium. wheels anyway they are black the stock are orange.should look cool with black rims

What do know ?Because I thought they came with pirelli super corsa's
Vic

Lowrance
Trackday hero

Postby Lowrance » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:16 am

Duke of Wrath wrote:John I got it on tues.Today I will be changing the ride hight to low and putting on the sliders and the tail tidy and all the other bling.
The bike is amazing even in stock it's sounds better than my 10 did.
I will wait till the 600 mile before I put the FMF pipe on.
I do have a questions the bike came with dunlaps which I had never seen before.I have heard of dukes comming with dunlaps or pirelli but I thought all R's came with Pierlli's.

Not a big deal i have a new set I plan on running on track day anyway.The dunlaps will be my street tyres. I don't know much about these dunlaps but the tread pattern looks the same.I have a extra set of forged alium. wheels anyway they are black the stock are orange.should look cool with black rims

What do know ?Because I thought they came with pirelli super corsa's
Vic

I heard they were comming with Dunny Sportsmarts. Basically the replacement for the Q2 and getting rave reviews down here in Aus as well as Europe. Would bet they are better than the pirellis

fast4d
Stunt rider

Postby fast4d » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:33 pm

sportsmart is the euro version of our Q2. you can't get them in north america. they are almost as sticky as Q2 but have a slight advantage in wear. I like them on my bike.
Alan
----------------------------
2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
2013 KTM 990 SMT
2011 KTM RC8R
2012 BMW S1000RR

Duke of Wrath
Stunt rider

Postby Duke of Wrath » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:23 am

I been riding it the dealer put way to much air in both tyres.I took it down to 30-31 lbs. To me they feel like all the dunlaps, hard I had them warm and it was a hot day today and I got them to slip.
I am not sold on these yet but the track would be the best place to see how good they are.
I will bring a set of wheels with them on it.My track wheels will have my new pirelli's I just love how soft they are.Not worth a shit for miles. Maybe 1500.I will use the dunlaps as my street tyre.Then I can see how long they last.

They look good and feel good and seem to give good input.It was cool when I got them to slip around the corner the power of the RC8 is amazing so much better than my 2010.John you can really adjust the shit out of this bike.It's great.I put the rizoma rear sets on.

Brought the rear peg back a ton.what a differance.No pain anymore.So far I have left the bars alone but I have never seen the amount of adjustment you can do on the bars on any other bike. You can bring then in or out or move the up or down an inch really changes the way you sit you don't have to bend like a pretzle. When I put the forged wheels and the FMF pipe and a remap It will be a rocket.It fast now even with the stock gearing.If I change out the countershaft it's gonna have a ton of low end.It's just such a pain to change it out.

Got a few things left.The sato racing sliders won't fit the 2011 has a real big oil cooler so the mount wont fit.I think I have to buy some frame sliders any ideas? and the other one has been drilled out of the fairing.Got the case savers to put on and a few other things and it will be ready.You will like it John I think you will end up with one.The 12's are due in March the price will be higher but to what I hear not any changes.

If you want a 2011 it will be tough the are going fast I would say maybe 20 or less left in the states.I called seven dealers till I found mine.and two people tried to buy it before I picked it up.
well you can find out in April if you want one.

Return to RC8(R)