FMF TItatium Pipe

For RC8 owners a general forum with technical discussion, how to's and tips related to this bike only.
Duke of Wrath
Stunt rider

FMF TItatium Pipe

Postby Duke of Wrath » Sat May 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Don't see too much stuff on this site anymore.I put a pipe on my new bike .I have to say it's the bomb.
The sound and power is great.This bike was the first bike I felt did not need a pipe it is that fast.
But after the install the sound makes it now it sounds like a real race bike. Plue the extra weight saving and power is nice.
This bike is amazing I have a hard time riding anythig else.I love it that much.The 2011-2012 hit the mark KTM did it.
I think this bike can keep up with anything now. the speed it can so is scary but fun.
Let see some more posts I can't be the only one.
My stuff 2011 RC8R black/orange forged wheels Rizoma,Rg,Sato racing,FMF apex 08 990 S/D blk/wht Full motobox with butterflies,FMF apex, rg tail tidy, carbon bits, 03 HD 100 year Heritage sil/blk Life is short.Live it with no regrets.

CEREC1
Trackday hero

Re: FMF TItatium Pipe

Postby CEREC1 » Sat May 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Have you had it on a dyno. :?: The UK models, mine is an 09 R ,seem to make the same or more power with the stock system.
Tune ECU gets them running way better with more power with no outlay on hardware :D
I guess you drop a ton of weight but the increase in sound just gets us barred from track days in the UK :roll:
2007 SDR Full Akra Evo
2017 SDR 1290. Black
1997 RGV 250(sweet)

Vortex155
Two wheeled terror

Postby Vortex155 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:19 am

A pic says more then words.

How is the db?
Loud pipes are banned from trackdays.
Vortex155 on twitter

Duke of Wrath
Stunt rider

Postby Duke of Wrath » Thu May 17, 2012 3:21 pm

The sound is not that loud only when your on the gas just cruzing it nice. the 2011-2012 is world apart from the 09 .I had a 2010 and my 2011 would smoke it and I had the same pipe.The power from the twin spark made it a differant bike the fueling is spot on.
plus we don't have too much trouble here with noise at tracks. There are a few but I think the bike would be ok.
I want to post pics just don't know how.maybe someday I will learn.
My stuff 2011 RC8R black/orange forged wheels Rizoma,Rg,Sato racing,FMF apex 08 990 S/D blk/wht Full motobox with butterflies,FMF apex, rg tail tidy, carbon bits, 03 HD 100 year Heritage sil/blk Life is short.Live it with no regrets.

gringo
Two wheeled terror

Postby gringo » Thu May 17, 2012 5:06 pm

my bike when i bought her had full race kit on so came with the ful akra, very very loud at cheste especially on 2nd and 5 th corners after throttling down, is nice but load.

i am also looking at 11 models and trying to find one to test to see the difference
make mine a ktm

Duke of Wrath
Stunt rider

Postby Duke of Wrath » Sun May 20, 2012 9:29 pm

gringo wrote:my bike when i bought her had full race kit on so came with the ful akra, very very loud at cheste especially on 2nd and 5 th corners after throttling down, is nice but load.

i am also looking at 11 models and trying to find one to test to see the difference

No doubt the akra system is the best. but it's 3600-4k. A FMF Ti system is half the price. If you can ride a 2011-2012 .
You will not believe the differance I had a 10 my 11 is so much better.I loved my 10. Now my 11 I can't ride anything else.
I don't normally street race but I work nights.

It was about 2 am a guy on a sport bike I could not tell what it was. It was a nice sounding bike. He kept trying to race so I could not help my self
no one was around.I gave him a head start. He thought he had me. I went by him so fast I could not see him in my rear view mirror.
I smoked this guy so bad.He did not want to come up at the next light.

I know I went by him at 150 mph yes crazy but There was no one on the street and it was a long straight.Now with all the mods this bike is the fastest bike I have ever had.
I want to dyno it I will soon when I get a couple of days off.

Once you ride this bike you will buy one they are that good.

Porkchop Express
Two wheeled terror

Postby Porkchop Express » Mon May 21, 2012 1:45 am

Duke of Wrath wrote:
gringo wrote:my bike when i bought her had full race kit on so came with the ful akra, very very loud at cheste especially on 2nd and 5 th corners after throttling down, is nice but load.

No doubt the akra system is the best. but it's 3600-4k. A FMF Ti system is half the price. If you can ride a 2011-2012 .
You will not believe the differance I had a 10 my 11 is so much better.I loved my 10. Now my 11 I can't ride anything else.
I don't normally street race but I work nights.

It was about 2 am a guy on a sport bike I could not tell what it was. It was a nice sounding bike. He kept trying to race so I could not help my self
no one was around.I gave him a head start. He thought he had me. I went by him so fast I could not see him in my rear view mirror.
I smoked this guy so bad.He did not want to come up at the next light.

I know I went by him at 150 mph yes crazy but There was no one on the street and it was a long straight.Now with all the mods this bike is the fastest bike I have ever had.
I want to dyno it I will soon when I get a couple of days off.

Once you ride this bike you will buy one they are that good.

Cool story just be careful out there bro. That's some serious speed to hit on the street. By the way, I just picked up my SD this Saturday after having the valve job done and the dealer had two orange/white RC8R's in stock. Without question it was the best looking sportbike I've ever seen........and I say this is after checking out the Panigale last week. Needless to say you're one lucky dog! ......but then you know that already.

Duke of Wrath
Stunt rider

Postby Duke of Wrath » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Hey guys It's been a while.Just wanted you to know when I put the pipe on my 10 RC8 I had to remap becuse it ran lean.
With the new 2011 coputer you can change out the pipe and it will run fine the computer will adjust.
You just don't get all the benifits from the pipe.

I had my ECU re flashed with the FMF map the was dynoed for the pipe and the RC8R
Wow what a differance the bike runs perfect no popping thottle reponce is great the bike is fast as hell brothers.
No flat spots power all the way thru runs like a bat from hell boys.
So for all you guys that have new ones this is the answer to our prayers.The 2010 has to use the akra which is a nice map but it a general one fits all map
The FMF is just for this pipe and man is it a bad ass map. If you need a pipe let me know

.AS many of you know I am a Sato dealer so if you want the bling I got it and great prices.This RC8R is the fastest bike I have ever been on and I hve been on some monsters. I really think the 190's is possible
Come on guys we got our own section and no one is doing anything whats up with that?

gringo
Two wheeled terror

Postby gringo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Im off on monday to see and test a 11 rc8r shop will take my 09 rc8 and let me put all the extras on the other so all in all a good deal hope the other is tidy then that just leaves me to explain to my señorita why i have to change again, was on track last week and tussled for three corners jajaajajaajaj with a rider who last year was in sito pons team man they are so fast and another level¡ The rc was great
make mine a ktm

lobster
Wheelie king

Postby lobster » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:24 pm

I have the Quat-D pipe fitted to mine and the sound track is epic, plus nice weight saving and looks good with muscle car style slash pipes. However, to get it running right I had to fit a PCV and get it tuned by a grown up. Prior to that the bike was a liability. Now awesomeness is restored and the bike totally rocks. I love the RC8 now.
If you can't join em, beat em!

motoronin
Master of the twisties

Location: A country without bacon, or Hell as it's commonly known.

Postby motoronin » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:56 pm

PIIIIIIIIIIICSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
Superduke.net, Head of interior rectal observation.
Lover of 'The Dribble'... 2012
単車浪人

Return to RC8(R)