RC8 ON THE DYNO ANYONE?

For RC8 owners a general forum with technical discussion, how to's and tips related to this bike only.
Duke of Wrath
Stunt rider

Re: RC8 ON THE DYNO ANYONE?

Postby Duke of Wrath » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:39 am

As an owner of a very fast RC8R I and a ex owner of a very modded duke.I can say what the truth is.RRW did there test which I think does a good job.145 to the rear wheel stock
You can do a few things to get more HP.I track mine and been trying to get some you guys out at chucky this month and next.
My RC8R has The FMF ti pipe with the FMF map that was dynoed It makes a huge differance over stock.

I do a lot on the RC8R forum as a vender.OVICRC8R we have some guys that are getting 166 to the rear wheel.
Mine is at about 155 which is plenty.I also have the forged wheels and lots of carbon.The bike is light and fast Ed Sorbo dialed in my susp for Chucky and It flies there.

The nerd is so right there are so many people that gripe that the RC8 does not have big numbers yet they never track.Who cares what you have if your just riding on the street.This is a great bike but is at home on a track.I am not new I raced thirty years ago with support .Bikes, parts tyres cash etc.

I am back to riding again after a back surgery that lets me ride again.I don't think the average guy can use this bike stock to it's fullest.
I just know the bike handles great is fast as fook quick like you can't believe.
At Chucky I have gone by bikes that are much faster than me .And been passed by 600's It' the riders that make it go period.
The RC8R can go as fast as you have the balls for.I am not a top end guy I like the low end grunt it has plenty. plus it can go 170 in a heart beat.I have not red lined it in 6th I really dont want to go that fast anything past 170 is nuts for me the bike feels like it want to fly
so This is why I love Chuckwalla with 17 turns you can really find out how fast you can go in the corners and what speed you can carry.

To me that whats important anybody can go fast in a straight.It's what you do at the end of that straight make it fun.
I have gone so fast grabbed a hand full of brembo and the rear came up I just down shifted and leaned it over no slipper clutch needed
I will be there sept 21 I was hoping to see many of my old duke bro's. WE have done a couple and always had a great time.
I loved my duke it was fast just not fast enough.My 3rd gear was my top end on my duke.It's hard not to fall for the power.
If they ever make a 1200 duke then many of you will understand.

So there you have it 145 stock there is no club kit for the 11-12 the twin spark and the fact that KTM did some mods stock.Make it so you can't use the club kit.A great exhaust akra full system with a remap. or the FMF and the Map make the bike gain huge.
Unless you are at miller raceway that has a mile long straight most tracks don't have enough track to see red line in 6th.
Like many KTM this bike is just so fun to ride.Are there faster bikes yes the zx10 the bmw are. the BMW is having some problems the last recall was bad If I had one I would take it back and get another bike.It sucks because they are so nice
The RC8R is so easy to ride it like a duke in many ways.I got used to mine the first track day felt natural.
My stuff 2011 RC8R black/orange forged wheels Rizoma,Rg,Sato racing,FMF apex 08 990 S/D blk/wht Full motobox with butterflies,FMF apex, rg tail tidy, carbon bits, 03 HD 100 year Heritage sil/blk Life is short.Live it with no regrets.

Vortex155
Two wheeled terror

Postby Vortex155 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:56 am

I agree with above, rode the ol'RC on track yesterday and it feels so good, that frontend is really glued to the track Valentino Rossi should have tried one...it would have sorted out his frontend problems :D

150 horses at the back is really enough without traction control as a safety-net behind.
Vortex155 on twitter

Duke of Wrath
Stunt rider

Postby Duke of Wrath » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:38 am

I just got back from my 3rd track day in a row.My RC8R is running great.A friend that has the same mods and pipe and map gets 155 hp to the rear.I just know one thing the bike pulls so hard now by the end of the day my hands are mush and I feel like I have been on the bench press.The bike is so good in the corners I run pirelli's track tyres and they are great.
The bike is really at home on the track. At chucky no one has got to 150 mph no room I got 128.9 I had to do front end stoppies to make the turn. I would like to see what it can do with enough straight away.

I want to do a willow or a miller that will let me know.I think my bike can do a speedo reading of 190+ which we know is off. I am getting a gps lap timer so I will know the real numbers. I wish I could post some pics I have some good ones on the track.This is the hardest site to post pics It's so easy on KTM.com
My stuff 2011 RC8R black/orange forged wheels Rizoma,Rg,Sato racing,FMF apex 08 990 S/D blk/wht Full motobox with butterflies,FMF apex, rg tail tidy, carbon bits, 03 HD 100 year Heritage sil/blk Life is short.Live it with no regrets.

ratemut
Stunt rider

Postby ratemut » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:44 pm

ratemut wrote:
mattipoeka wrote:
Tead wrote:170 with akra 2in2 full exhaust and ktm stock kit
Still too slow ;) :(

My 2011 RC8R Track but out 163 hp :)

Interesting :D

Thats the first time I have seen hp figures for a track edition.

160-165 is also what I expect from my 2011 track edition.

Update: My 2011 KTM RC8R Track did 160 on the dyno :D

Previous

Return to RC8(R)