Tankbag for RC8?

For RC8 owners a general forum with technical discussion, how to's and tips related to this bike only.
ajoe90
Minimoto racer

Tankbag for RC8?

Postby ajoe90 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:53 am

Hey,

Has anyone managed to find a tankbag that will fit the RC8 yet. I know ye all hate the talk of luggage on the RC8 but unfortunately it has to be done as I'll be on the bike for 10 days in september in Spain & Morocco so have to get something.

I do have the KTM tail pack but I'll probably use the rear seat with a tailpack strapped on which will be slightly larger. I know I could use a Kriega rucksack which are brilliant but I really dont like wearing a rucksack while I'm riding for comfort and safety reasons.

I'm calling into a mates house this evening as he reckons his Famsa tankbag from his Ducati Multistrada might do the trick as it has similar tubular frame so the mounting straps might work.

So, any suggestions for a tankbag would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
ajoe90

PS am fecking loving this bike!!! :twisted:
One too many and you might turn orange.....

ratemut
Stunt rider

Postby ratemut » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:04 pm

did you find one ?

I would be interested as well :)

doc franco
Two wheeled terror

Postby doc franco » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:00 am

KTM now produce their own tankbag for the RC8--see Powerparts on the KTM site

ajoe90
Minimoto racer

Postby ajoe90 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:54 am

ratemut wrote:did you find one ?

Yeah, I eventually got one.

Went for this one in the end:
http://www.windingroads.co.uk/catalog/p ... cts_id=137

It fits well. It has strange tie down points but they work very well with RC8 frame. The bag itself seems to be good quality, has removable map pouch on the top. The side pockets are removable in 2 seconds. The bag itself has decent enough space but does not get in my way even when doing some serious riding on the twisties. I haven't used it expanded out yet so may get in my way then but am happy enough with the capacity as is. It's also very easy to unclip and replace if you're stopping somewhere for lunch etc. I saw the KTM official tankbag released the day after I bought the Timberwolf but I'm not sure I liked the look of the official KTM one anyway, looks a bit weird to me.

Anyway, have a look at the link and pics (the white RC8 is a pic of some other Winding Roads customer's bike to give me an idea of what it would have looked like on mine). I usually mount the bag a little farther forward than in the pics to keep it away from my chest as I'm verging on the shortarse catagory!! :lol: The bag gets a thumbs up for me anyway on quality, ease of attaching/detaching and not getting in my way when riding.

Hope this helps,
ajoe90
Image[url][/url]
One too many and you might turn orange.....

ratemut
Stunt rider

Postby ratemut » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:24 pm

ajoe90 wrote:
ratemut wrote:did you find one ?

Yeah, I eventually got one.

Went for this one in the end:
http://www.windingroads.co.uk/catalog/p ... cts_id=137

It fits well. It has strange tie down points but they work very well with RC8 frame. The bag itself seems to be good quality, has removable map pouch on the top. The side pockets are removable in 2 seconds. The bag itself has decent enough space but does not get in my way even when doing some serious riding on the twisties. I haven't used it expanded out yet so may get in my way then but am happy enough with the capacity as is. It's also very easy to unclip and replace if you're stopping somewhere for lunch etc. I saw the KTM official tankbag released the day after I bought the Timberwolf but I'm not sure I liked the look of the official KTM one anyway, looks a bit weird to me.

Anyway, have a look at the link and pics (the white RC8 is a pic of some other Winding Roads customer's bike to give me an idea of what it would have looked like on mine). I usually mount the bag a little farther forward than in the pics to keep it away from my chest as I'm verging on the shortarse catagory!! :lol: The bag gets a thumbs up for me anyway on quality, ease of attaching/detaching and not getting in my way when riding.

Hope this helps,
ajoe90
Image[url][/url]

Woow - thats a good looking bike. :shock:

Thanks for the link

Vortex155
Two wheeled terror

Re: Tankbag for RC8?

Postby Vortex155 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:43 pm

ordered a bagster evosign2, the ktm tankbag has recieved a good bruising after 2year use, the zippers are shredded also...imo that ktm tankbag = bad quality and so little space inside, one apple(fruit that is),one 50cl bottle,one rain jacket and its filled up already.
Vortex155 on twitter

Return to RC8(R)