Decat the 1290!

For all 1290 related mods.
ilmothefinn
Minimoto racer

Re: Decat the 1290!

Postby ilmothefinn » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:01 pm

So, why not a RC8 type of exhaust? That would be nice looking. Would it fit sdr1290?

I always liked the Buell, too. Short exhaust and pipe towards earth, not moon...

In our summer-car Chevy, I made a silencer of two different diameter pipes, the smaller was ground with angle grinder to have cuts, much like a perforated pipe, the larger acted as outer core. Between pipes some glass pack and outer pipe reduced with some cuts and welds to the inner pipe diameter. Wonderful sound on V8...

So I thought that might be possible to do with V2, too. If I had the energy and time. Wouldn't have the guts to cut the cat, though, it's too valuable, I think... Could sell it, maybe...
Each day I try to live for me.

ktmguy
Site Admin

Re: Decat the 1290!

Postby ktmguy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:12 pm

ilmothefinn wrote:So, why not a RC8 type of exhaust? That would be nice looking. Would it fit sdr1290?

I always liked the Buell, too. Short exhaust and pipe towards earth, not moon...

In our summer-car Chevy, I made a silencer of two different diameter pipes, the smaller was ground with angle grinder to have cuts, much like a perforated pipe, the larger acted as outer core. Between pipes some glass pack and outer pipe reduced with some cuts and welds to the inner pipe diameter. Wonderful sound on V8...

So I thought that might be possible to do with V2, too. If I had the energy and time. Wouldn't have the guts to cut the cat, though, it's too valuable, I think... Could sell it, maybe...

I don't think the RC8 exhaust would fit and it defies the purpose of doing a cheap mod as this was intended.

All talk my Finnish friend, why don't you duck in your garage and make something up while you're snowed in! :lol:
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

Previous

Return to How to do it! [SDR 1290]