Rim Stickers

For all 1290 related mods.
ma1290rky
Two wheeled terror

Rim Stickers

Postby ma1290rky » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:26 am

The last of my sparkly bits need to go on the SDR - Rim Stickers.

Before I have a go and make a horse' arse of it - anyone done this before (I have the KTM three segment rim stickers) ad have some words of advice?

Thx folks.

jmann

Re: Rim Stickers

Postby jmann » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:36 am

Comrade ma1290rky: I think Mr Bicknell is the man that can tell you what to do with Rim Stickers. I'm sure he'll respond in due course :wink:

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:56 am

jmann wrote:Comrade ma1290rky: I think Mr Bicknell is the man that can tell you what to do with Rim Stickers. I'm sure he'll respond in due course :wink:

My understanding is that Mr. Bicknell is an expert installer. If you are in the UK, he might actually make a special trip to your residence and help you with the installation. Or dispose of it. I'm not sure which one as English is not my mother tongue. :mrgreen:
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR (For Sale)
18 1290 SDR

bic_bicknell

Postby bic_bicknell » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:57 pm

:wink:

Past: Honda CB125J, Honda TL125, 1963 Triumph Tiger 90, Yamaha RD250, Kawasaki KH250, Kawasaki 400 S3, Kawasaki KH400, Kawasaki Z400J, Suzuki GS750, Suzuki GS1000, Ducati SS900 Superlight, KTM LC4 Supermoto, Honda VFR 800i, KTM Superduke '07.

ma1290rky
Two wheeled terror

Postby ma1290rky » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:25 pm

Sarasota_Steve wrote:
jmann wrote:Comrade ma1290rky: I think Mr Bicknell is the man that can tell you what to do with Rim Stickers. I'm sure he'll respond in due course :wink:

My understanding is that Mr. Bicknell is an expert installer. If you are in the UK, he might actually make a special trip to your residence and help you with the installation. Or dispose of it. I'm not sure which one as English is not my mother tongue. :mrgreen:

Thanks Gents - Yes I'm in the sunny UK - I will sit tight..

ma1290rky
Two wheeled terror

Postby ma1290rky » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:28 pm

bic_bicknell wrote::wink:

The poor Porsche...

Mr_Trecolareco
Wheelie king

Postby Mr_Trecolareco » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Is it done already? :lol:

Just check this videos out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJflrO5lELo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=durxKgn2FH4~

It's not that easy/simple...but hey you're the one who choose the rim tape life :lol:
Um abraco e mto boas curvas!! :)

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:11 pm

And here we have a perfect example of Mr. Bicknell's mad skills and humbleness.

We can see in the design and installation of the Porsche rim stickers, that he is passionate and above all, a perfectionist.
If you pay attention to the design, you will see that the flower petals all match, and each flower is positioned in such way, that bees would not feel attracted as not to swarm the car when the top is down. Believe me when I tell you, the man thinks of everything.
Also, the stems for the flowers, are all thorny. Coincidence? You tell me.
Mr. Bicknell has traveled extensively throughout the world trying to refine his skill set by learning from other cultures.
You can see here, an example of a combination of primary colours, with the application of a 'je ne sais quoi' design pattern that gives the complete piece an unbelievable warm and fuzzy feeling.

Since these pictures were published, Mr. Bicknell has stopped making public appearances and has referred all communication with the press via his PR Manager, Col-Klinck. Mr. Klinck can be reached at (800) IM-F'IN-BORED. He has been seen from time to time, riding one of his various motorcycles wearing a 'fringed' jacket and open face helmet. No Gloves. And Birkenstock sandals.
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR (For Sale)
18 1290 SDR

robjederuiter
Two wheeled terror

Postby robjederuiter » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:40 pm

Mr_Trecolareco wrote:["]:wink:

:lol:

Getting decals on your rims is obviously more important than that missing bolt on the disk

ma1290rky
Two wheeled terror

Postby ma1290rky » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:01 am

Sarasota_Steve wrote:

And here we have a perfect example of Mr. Bicknell's mad skills and humbleness.

We can see in the design and installation of the Porsche rim stickers, that he is passionate and above all, a perfectionist.
If you pay attention to the design, you will see that the flower petals all match, and each flower is positioned in such way, that bees would not feel attracted as not to swarm the car when the top is down. Believe me when I tell you, the man thinks of everything.
Also, the stems for the flowers, are all thorny. Coincidence? You tell me.
Mr. Bicknell has traveled extensively throughout the world trying to refine his skill set by learning from other cultures.
You can see here, an example of a combination of primary colours, with the application of a 'je ne sais quoi' design pattern that gives the complete piece an unbelievable warm and fuzzy feeling.

Since these pictures were published, Mr. Bicknell has stopped making public appearances and has referred all communication with the press via his PR Manager, Col-Klinck. Mr. Klinck can be reached at (800) IM-F'IN-BORED. He has been seen from time to time, riding one of his various motorcycles wearing a 'fringed' jacket and open face helmet. No Gloves. And Birkenstock sandals.

Brilliant - made me laugh!

ma1290rky
Two wheeled terror

Postby ma1290rky » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:13 am

robjederuiter wrote:
Mr_Trecolareco wrote:["]:wink:

:lol:

Getting decals on your rims is obviously more important than that missing bolt on the disk

Blimey - priorities my son..

Return to How to do it! [SDR 1290]