GoPro

For all 1290 related mods.
No. 47
Master of the twisties

GoPro

Postby No. 47 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:18 pm

Just lashed a GoPro to chin of my helmet having been hit by a car whilst stopped at lights recently - car driver now claiming that I rode into him and suffering from whiplash etc - to record my daily commute.

Bit scary watching it though ‘cos it looks like I’m riding like an idiot, way too fast, etc, etc - or is that just the perceived difference between film and real life?
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

Aphex
Site Admin

Re: GoPro

Postby Aphex » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:54 pm

The wide angle (almost fish eye) lens makes everything look like it's flying by much faster, especially things in close proximity to you.

Hope you get it settled in your favor.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:44 am

Yeah I used one a few times (chest harness) commuting in traffic (and between traffic as lanesplitting is legal here at 30kmh or less).
Watching it back seemed like I was flying between cars with no gap at all !. I'd hate my other half to see it as it makes it look far worse than it really is....appears much faster with the fish eye lense.
I decided not to wear it - too much hassle putting it on, recharging every 2 days etc (GoPro is not designed for regular ease of use like a dashcam) plus its dual edged sword (footage can easily be used against you).
I still use it for longer rides sometimes.
2010 (white-framed) SD, Rottweiler intake / SAS removal, Akrapovic slipons, ergo seat, Scott's oil filter, factory alarm, SDR levers, Shorai LiFePO4 battery, oem 16T / KTM Supersprox 40T, RK GB525GXW chain, Michelin Pilot Road 4 / Pilot Power 3.

Loco
Minimoto racer

Postby Loco » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:55 am

No. 47 wrote:Just lashed a GoPro to chin of my helmet having been hit by a car whilst stopped at lights recently - car driver now claiming that I rode into him and suffering from whiplash etc - to record my daily commute.

Bit scary watching it though ‘cos it looks like I’m riding like an idiot, way too fast, etc, etc - or is that just the perceived difference between film and real life?

Sooo, let me get this straight.. he's in a car claiming whiplash from a motorcycle?

lol I can't see the insurance company swallowing that you commute in london there must be camera footage available?

No. 47
Master of the twisties

Postby No. 47 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:20 pm

Aye, he has a two inch long minor scratch on his nearside front bumper to prove that I rode into him causing extensive damage to his car and major injury to him...............my insurance company’s criminal fraud dept on his case.
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

Return to How to do it! [SDR 1290]