Austinracing GP1 Exhaust

For all 1290 related problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
NEO
Two wheeled terror

Austinracing GP1 Exhaust

Postby NEO » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:27 pm

We can use this thread to post up your questions on our new GP1 exhaust for the beast!

We will also keep you updated with our progress.

Don
Two wheeled terror

Re: Austinracing GP1 Exhaust

Postby Don » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Do you guys plan to make a single outlet system or a twin outlet like the prototype? The GP1 can looks very similar to the prototype end cans so it would be amazingly popular if you did end up making a system that mimicked it.

NEO
Two wheeled terror

Postby NEO » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:15 pm

We find that for performance with a single outlet system generally out performs a twin outlet. Once we dyno test we will make a final decision but everything points to the single high level system.

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:22 pm

The prototype was meant to be making over 125db! Good luck getting that on any UK trackday.
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

NEO
Two wheeled terror

Postby NEO » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Yep it's another reason for 1 outlet not twin.
We can control 1 outlet as it has the length for us to work with.
Not going down that RC8 road of the slash cut underbelly exit, no way to silence it hence the rc8 cup got pulled!

Don
Two wheeled terror

Postby Don » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:17 pm

For those who like to live dangerously will the sound muffling be mostly in form of a removable insert or will it be a non removable type?

Superdan
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby Superdan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:54 pm

have this pipe currently it comes with an assortment of baffles, pictured are two 50mm baffles which insert at each end of the pipe behind the carbon pipe, you can also get a metal baffle that goes in the usual place and a smaller 35mm baffle, which I am about to order, I also have a flapper which shuts completely when in nuetral for noise tests.

However the system shown here appears to be one continual welded system?

http://www.austinracing.info/

Superduke boys like to do TD's so I think it will cause issues if it cannot be nuetered slightly, but it would sound EPIC 8)

NEO
Two wheeled terror

Postby NEO » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:04 am

All inserts in the GP1 will be fully removable as the GP2, you can run it seriously loud if you wish.

It will be capable of controlled db levels as well as 125db as the prototype.

We will ceramic coat parts if required.

bigred1100s
Minimoto racer

Postby bigred1100s » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Superdan wrote:have this pipe currently it comes with an assortment of baffles, pictured are two 50mm baffles which insert at each end of the pipe behind the carbon pipe, you can also get a metal baffle that goes in the usual place and a smaller 35mm baffle, which I am about to order, I also have a flapper which shuts completely when in nuetral for noise tests.

However the system shown here appears to be one continual welded system?

http://www.austinracing.info/

Superduke boys like to do TD's so I think it will cause issues if it cannot be nuetered slightly, but it would sound EPIC 8)

Nice exhaust but I think it would look better without that 1.5" tip at the end. Why not just end at the carbon fiber part and ceramic coated black with black reverts exposing only the carbon fiber silencer?

NEO
Two wheeled terror

Postby NEO » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Check the new GP1 for the 1290!

bigred1100s
Minimoto racer

Postby bigred1100s » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:39 pm

NEO wrote:Check the new GP1 for the 1290!

OH MY GOD!
Neo please tell me its not a 2 to 1 system. Please have it similar like the prototype had. Imagine an rc8 under belly and one up to to the side, all ceramic coat black as an option (additional cost ofcourse). System should be bassy with the quick revving KTM motor it would be mad. If you will build this I promise to put 5k deposit on an SD by next week. Neo you have really got me excited. I am even willing to pay for my cans before i place my bike order. No baffles for me pls....hehehehe Amazing

KTMofDoom
Minimoto racer

Postby KTMofDoom » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Where? I see one off angle pic of a small can? Hard to get a feel for what that is from one pic, and the outlet is...suspect. More pics?

bigred1100s
Minimoto racer

Postby bigred1100s » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Just make the baffles removable for those of us who don't care about sound levels. If the sound was that bad, how did KTM get the 2 way system at donigton for testing?

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:22 pm

bigred1100s wrote:Just make the baffles removable for those of us who don't care about sound levels. If the sound was that bad, how did KTM get the 2 way system at donigton for testing?

Noisey day
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

Luxamor
Minimoto racer

Postby Luxamor » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:48 pm

For those of us interested living in the US... will the new GP1 be available through you/your website, or do we contact your US authorized dealer - New Haven Powersports?
If you think it's good enough - it's not.

NEO
Two wheeled terror

Postby NEO » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Hopefully this will answer a few questions.

The GP1 was specifically designed with the 1290 in mind, it will be released for other models but the 1290 comes first. The massive 70mm outlet looks crazy!

The GP1 will be available as a single outlet 2-1 high level system as this is the configuration that will probably prove to work best give best power and save most weight. If a twin outlet proves to give better performance then we will look at it. We will possibly offer a dummy slash lower outlet if the single outlet works best.

The GP1 is fully db controllable from low db levels to insanely LOUD! you can tune it by simply removing the inserts as you wish, get the level you want within the 76-80mm lin k pipe.

It will be available as Round or Shaped outlet in Titanium or Black hard anodised with Titanium or Carbon sleeve. You will be able to swap outlet tips as you wish.

Available as a decat half system and full systems in Titanium and Inconel.

Pictures below hopefully give you some idea on the options. The bike picture on our site is a photoshop and just doesn't do the GP1 justice, in the flesh it looks incredible.

As soon as we can we will post up full bike pictures but that won't happen until we have tested and decided on an end configuration, Mid january.

You will be able to buy direct from us or from our world stockists.

We will be accepting deposits very soon for the first build batch due to be shipped end of february after the London Excel mcn show.

We will have the 1290 on display at the show showcasing the GP1!!!

Stratkat
Trackday hero

Postby Stratkat » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:14 pm

hmmm, not liking that at all! looks too backyard engineered to me.

Stratkat
Trackday hero

Postby Stratkat » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:16 pm

much prefer this!

marksim
Two wheeled terror

Postby marksim » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:24 pm

I saw them at the NEC bike show and there awesome. :D :D
Present Bikes
KTM SDR 07
129.23 bhp 77.53 ft/lb
Remus hex carbon cans,08 SDR Headers,Bob Farnham Gas flowed and map,,Moto box,flies,shafts & SAS removed,RC8R stacks,Moto Sliders.Brembo M/C
Yam R6 trackbike
Kwak KR1S
Suz RGV 250 VJ21
Yam RD400F

NEO
Two wheeled terror

Postby NEO » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:33 pm

Stratkat wrote:hmmm, not liking that at all! looks too backyard engineered to me.

Wow that is some comment, backyard!!! Please....

Superdan
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby Superdan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Aesthetically I prefer the GP2 can, the craftmanship on the AR can is awesome, with quite an innovative design with the way the baffles work, I ditched my arrow pipe on my Tuono to get one of these, will have to baffle it up to wazoo to get it on track, will find out in spring if anything is compromised or if it passes noise testing, it should be able to be varied from 100-115db

Exitman
Stunt rider

Postby Exitman » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:00 pm

I think that looks pretty awesome - reckon it will look the nuts when it's on the bike.
“In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
2008 SDR | 2008 ZX6R

NEO
Two wheeled terror

Postby NEO » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:46 pm

A very rough photoshop idea of the end look in all Titanium:
Last edited by NEO on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:52 pm

I think it's just perhaps the pics of the pipe work that aren't doing it justice. I also saw it at NEC and it's is very nicely done. The fact it's not discoloured like the GP2 from being run on a bike isn't helping it either. Once it's on the bike and blued up a bit I'm sure it will look much better.
The late Bill Hicks

Lowrance
Trackday hero

Postby Lowrance » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:11 am

Looks as if it'll be loud. Does it get rid of the cat?

Next

Return to Technical [SDR 1290]