Get your wires checked.

For all 1290 related problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
Octane Warrior
Minimoto racer

Get your wires checked.

Postby Octane Warrior » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:54 pm

Apparently there is a problem on some 1290 Dukes with the Wiring.

Follow this link: http://www.ktm.com/gb/dealer-service/se ... check.html

Enter the Numbers required and hope this time you lose in the Lottery (winning would mean you need to get your Bike checked, so would actually be losing)

Edit: 9 entries so far, no winners yet? If you are among the unlucky ones, could we try to gather info which production/ delivery batch you got?

Octane Warrior
Minimoto racer

Re: Get your wires checked.

Postby Octane Warrior » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Wow none yet? Seems like it is a Teuton only Problem then.

DMacL
Stunt rider

Postby DMacL » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:08 pm

Post views don't mean that people are checking their VINs, just that they've read the post.

Mine is one of the first ones out and I have a recall, no details other than "contact dealer". Will call them next week as they're at a bike show this weekend.

Octane Warrior
Minimoto racer

Postby Octane Warrior » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:32 pm

Seems to be nothing to dramatic, fro that Teuton Board i hang around, the info obtained ist that the exchange parts are not yet available to the dealers, apparently it is nothing dramatic that kils the bike asap.

Sorry to hear you won the lottery :cry:

ebags
Two wheeled terror

Postby ebags » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:41 pm

Hmmmmm... would be nice to know what it is, I have a ride planned with my Mrs this weekend and then a solo faster ride the next day. :?
"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere."
Colin Chapman

Octane Warrior
Minimoto racer

Postby Octane Warrior » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:43 pm

I do not work for KTM, but if i was you, i wouldn´t worry to much, as it aint listed as a recall, they simply suggest you got to the dealer to have it checked, probably some parts will be changed, but so far these parts have not arived at the dealers. Others have already 2000 KM on race tracks and nongine damage....

Your rideout should be safe.

DMacL
Stunt rider

Postby DMacL » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:01 am

I've had the bike stripped down to inspect it and fix a few chafing points, there's no wiring worn through yet. 1850 miles done.

One to be aware of is the two small panels, LH side covers coolant expansion tank, RH side covers some wiring. Their c-shaped frame clips chafe like fook on the frame, so much so that it's gone through the paint in one small area. I've remp fixed it with a good coat of ACF50 and a clear film patch, but will have the dealer paint it at some point I think.

gringo
Two wheeled terror

Postby gringo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:10 am

it is to do with the conection of the cables for the starter motor as they may break so KTM will replace under warranty, my dealer says he is waiting for the bits and shall need the bike a complete day as its difficult to get access to.

i have 1500km on mine, no issues and now its gas gas gas, no complaints. compared to the other sd08 this one stand out for the pull of the engine and the front brake but only because it is pure overkill for the road.

trackday at cheste on the 23rd, can not wait.
make mine a ktm

Return to Technical [SDR 1290]