Traction control maps

For all 1290 related problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
DMacL
Stunt rider

Re: Traction control maps

Postby DMacL » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:05 pm

MrZ32 wrote:due to the canbus, im pretty sure that each time you try to change gears, the bike will throw up an error message.

QS only interrupts a signal, it doesn't modify a component or a component's response, so the canbus controller(s) won't care.

There's a few of the German guys with quickshifters fitted already - at least one with a Tellert, and I think another using an RC8 Bazazz.

Report here on this forum that a couple of French bikes have had engine problems blamed on use of QS - cam follower adjusters failing I think.

NEO wrote:Thanks,
i will ask the KTM tech chief, luckily he is a good pal of mine.

Ask him for the source code, comms protocols, mapping techniques etc for the ECUs!

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:33 pm

Why would a QS cause a cam follower adjuster to fail? If that's so what the hell would bouncing off the redline do to them?
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

jmann

Postby jmann » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:16 pm

DMacL wrote:Ask him for the source code, comms protocols, mapping techniques etc for the ECUs!

Failing that ask him if you could borrow the AVL DiTest gear for the weekend. It'll come back exactly as it left 8)

jmann

Postby jmann » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:18 pm

Colonel_Klinck wrote:Why would a QS cause a cam follower adjuster to fail? If that's so what the hell would bouncing off the redline do to them?

+1

wilks
Two wheeled terror

Postby wilks » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:19 am

jmann wrote:
Colonel_Klinck wrote:Why would a QS cause a cam follower adjuster to fail? If that's so what the hell would bouncing off the redline do to them?

+1

+2 . A QS not set up correctly can certainly damage a gearbox . I have discussions with HM quick shifter and will fit a RC8 unit to my bike.

NEO
Two wheeled terror

Postby NEO » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:22 am

I will attempt to get all the info but blood out of a stone springs to mind!

DMacL
Stunt rider

Postby DMacL » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:48 am

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22948&view=unread#p285054

It's the thing used to tune the valve lash...

Load/unload/load too fast for them? Too rapid a change in RPM when changing gear using QS? Who knows.

Previous

Return to Technical [SDR 1290]