PCV + Ignition module Highly Recmmend

For all 1290 related problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
JDR
Minimoto racer

PCV + Ignition module Highly Recmmend

Postby JDR » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:25 am

Hi all,

I have followed this forum and have got lots of good tips and hits, thanks for that.
My SDR 1290
In the beginning I have fitted Akra slip on and de-cat pipe - Akra map.
Finally the Rotty air box arrived - > PCV and Ignition module was installed. Result was great. Torque is rising nicely (no big jump between 6k rpm - 6.5k rpm) until 8k and then slowly dropping until rev limiter. Power figure is strait from 3k until 8k, reaching max power at 9k and slite drop (- 3/- 4hp) when reaching rev limiter. :D
So, as a result: I would HIGHLY RECOMMED PCV + IGNITION MODULE TOGETHER WITH ROTTY / MH AIR BOX

Cheers

For some reason I can´t add the dyno result, sorry about that :(

Tripped1
Two wheeled terror

Re: PCV + Ignition module Highly Recmmend

Postby Tripped1 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:37 am

JDR wrote:Hi all,

I have followed this forum and have got lots of good tips and hits, thanks for that.
My SDR 1290
In the beginning I have fitted Akra slip on and de-cat pipe - Akra map.
Finally the Rotty air box arrived - > PCV and Ignition module was installed. Result was great. Torque is rising nicely (no big jump between 6k rpm - 6.5k rpm) until 8k and then slowly dropping until rev limiter. Power figure is strait from 3k until 8k, reaching max power at 9k and slite drop (- 3/- 4hp) when reaching rev limiter. :D
So, as a result: I would HIGHLY RECOMMED PCV + IGNITION MODULE TOGETHER WITH ROTTY / MH AIR BOX

Cheers

For some reason I can´t add the dyno result, sorry about that :(

If they sent a PDF, Copy/paste to paint and then host it.

On topic, how was the ignition mapping handled? Usually the idea is to run the advance until it pings at you, and then back it off to "safe" tolerances....but most bikes don't have knock sensors so you really wouldn't catch a light ping.

JDR
Minimoto racer

Postby JDR » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi,

I don´t know all details, it´s more or less same way as mapping PCV. The mapping was done at same time, in dyno, with PCV+Ignition module.
Yes, it has the knock sensors, but I don´t know how ´far´ it could be set in dyno.
But the jump in torq curve, which we normally see, is gone.

Cheers

Joe Biker
Stunt rider

Postby Joe Biker » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:31 pm

i have the akra map n full system however i just installed
a austin racing shorty n rotty dongles.
runs like a raped ape !!!!! :twisted:

Return to Technical [SDR 1290]