Exhaust valve servo delete dongle source?

For all 1290 related problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
ttraynor
Stunt rider

Exhaust valve servo delete dongle source?

Postby ttraynor » Sun May 28, 2017 11:45 am

Just ordered an Akrapovic full system from USA dealer. How do I deal with the exhaust valve servo? A dongle? KTM part? Other source?

Thanks!

Freude am Fahren
Minimoto racer

Re: Exhaust valve servo delete dongle source?

Postby Freude am Fahren » Sun May 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Should be part of the kit (or tune) I think. 2017 full exhaust has a different part number than 14-16, probably for this reason partly, so make sure you get the right one.

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Sun May 28, 2017 9:41 pm

Freude am Fahren wrote:Should be part of the kit (or tune) I think. 2017 full exhaust has a different part number than 14-16, probably for this reason partly, so make sure you get the right one.

Yep it has the dongle and a bracket for the rear brake reservoir.
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

yohammer
Minimoto racer

Postby yohammer » Mon May 29, 2017 3:25 pm

Just installed mine yesterday,for the valve connector there is a plug .
Not sure what it does I measured all pins no resistance.
And for the reservoir there is a bracket.

ttraynor
Stunt rider

Postby ttraynor » Mon May 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Thanks! I'll check correct part number tomorrow.

Psalliss
Minimoto racer

Postby Psalliss » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:48 am

Hi I'm just about to fit the akro system which is from a 2015 bike onto the 17 and am happy ynr exhaust is the same and that the servo needs removing and the rear brake moving. In respect of the dummy plug for the servo does it do anything or is it literally just a blanking cap? This is the last thing I needed to conform before fit. I presume the akra map tells the bike to ignore the servo not being there and the dummy plug doesn't actually do anything thanks

Psalliss
Minimoto racer

Postby Psalliss » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:33 am

Psalliss wrote:Hi I'm just about to fit the akro system which is from a 2015 bike onto the 17 and am happy ynr exhaust is the same and that the servo needs removing and the rear brake moving. In respect of the dummy plug for the servo does it do anything or is it literally just a blanking cap? This is the last thing I needed to conform before fit. I presume the akra map tells the bike to ignore the servo not being there and the dummy plug doesn't actually do anything thanks

Just an update. Had the full system from the 2016 which fits without issue and the servo just removed and the wiring wrapped in heat shrink and tucked away. No cap or dongle needed for it. The dash does come up with warning lights and all electrics seem to be disabled but runs fine. Once the akra map is on all lights go off. The akra. So fuelling is pretty good as put it back on the dyno afterwards.

Also power commander now have a map for the Akropovic's on a 2017 as they used my bike as development bike.

xtremewlr
Minimoto racer

Postby xtremewlr » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:38 pm

Rottweiler is selling a servo stopper that installs on the servo to mimic the flapper valve and prevent the dash lights from coming on.

http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/se ... r-duke-gt/

Return to Technical [SDR 1290]